Nine of us recently returned from the GR Solaris "Cancun". Our ages varied between 4 & 63 to include four children (4-11-13 & 14). Unfortunately for us the trip started off on the wrong foot but after two days and finally being furnished with three rooms that allowed us to sleep accordingly we ended up making the best of it. Sadly out of the previous trips to GR Solaris Cancun & GR Solaris Cabo this was by far the the most "disappointing" as all the previous trips were very good.
For the past 7 years we have alternated between GR Solaris - Cabo & GR Solaris Cancun. This was the first year we had a "crisis" and the crisis involving our representative named Alma (LNU) convinced us NOT to purchase as we did intended to purchase on this trip. (LNU = Last Name Unknown).
The pick-up and drop off at the airport organized by GR Solaris was uneventful and went off without a hiccup. This is a GREAT perk to having owners benefits.
The first hiccup occurred in meeting our group representative Alma. I should start by stating seven of us were guests of my sister who already own a bunch of time with GR Solaris. My wife's Sister and Brother-n-Law were also present and are also owners thus our intentions of buying. Alma was rude and of no help out of the gate. I don't have time to go into all the details but we are very disappointed in the way she handled our arrival and failure to act on the three inadequate rooms that were initially provided. If a representative from GR Solaris reads this please contact us as we couldn't get a Supervisor during our 7 day stay because Supervisor Arturo LNU and or his assistant Betty LNU were never available- so we were told. Our contact information is associated with one of three rooms numbered 8226 between April 4 & 11th. We welcome you contacting us.
On day two and a lot of grousing and threatening to have a sit-in-in-the lobby we were finally provided rooms with multiple beds to include murphy beds in lieu of rooms equipped with only a king size bed. If we didn't make the reservation nearly nine months ago and had kept the ages and number of persons a secret I would understand, but that is not the case as we paid upon making the reservation and naturally in doing so you are required to furnish ALL names and ages - accompanied by dates of births. How did they expect all of us to sleep in 3 rooms equipped only with King Size beds? Two queens and Murphy bed is what we needed and is eventually what was provided. Alma merely said it was out of her control and it was not her fault the hotel was overbooked because it was spring break. Further she said the hotel would not know when and or if any rooms equipped with two queens and murphy beds would come available during our stay. Hello! Check the computer. It is NO secret when persons are checking out and what accommodations are in the respective rooms.
The food was OK throughout the trip except for the owners gala as the owners gala was far inferior to previous galas. In previous trips the owners gala has been the highlight but the most recent gala held in the auditorium on Tuesday April 10 was sad to say it nicely. Without going into all the fine details the one and only dish offered (Surf & Turf) was disgusting. In previous years the event was over-the-top and we left wondering how they could pull of such a great event.
Excellent waiter staff worth noting is Gonzalo & Freddy. Gonzalo worked breakfast and lunch and Freddy was in Marco Polo. All staff from housekeeping to the bell boys were GREAT as usual. Our disappointment lies with ALMA and the lack of on-duty Supervisors.
In 2013 we will be going to GR Solaris Cabo? Certainly not GR Solaris - Cancun. Not by choice but by convenience because our family has already invested in Solaris properties.
GR-Solaris Cancun Supervisors please contact us, You have the means to do so with the information I have provided herein. Reference room # 8226 between April 4- 11, 2012
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- GR Solaris Cancun is an all inclusive beachfront resort that offers a range of facilities and a full slate of activities daily. Guests have access to two swimming pools, a spa tub, a 22.5-Meter (74-foot) stretch of beach, and a fitness center. The hotel also has a marina, where non-motorized water sports, tennis courts, and a volleyball court are available. Other amenities include concierge services, a spa, a hair salon, and laundry facilities (no dry cleaning services). Business amenities include meeting rooms, banquet facilities, event catering, a ballroom, and business center with Internet access (surcharge for all). Three restaurants, two snack bars, and two bars are on site. Room service is available 24 hours a day. NEW Wall climbing and mini cinema Solaris. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Agoda, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your GR Solaris Cancun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gr Solaris Cancun Hotel Cancun
- Solaris Cancun
- Grand Solaris Cancun
- Gr Solaris Hotel Cancun
- Gr Solaris Cancun & Spa
- Gr Solaris Cancun Mexico
- Grand Royal Solaris Cancun