NIZUC Resort and Spa
Hard Rock Hotel Cancun(Cancun)
US$530
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
US$618
US$491
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$545/night.

US$274
US$242
  • Pool
US$450
US$321
Priceline
  • Breakfast included
The Royal Islander All Suites Resort(Cancun)(Great Value!)
US$140
US$101
Agoda.com
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$113/night.

2,736 results
All reviewsla puntaterra nostraocean suiteadult beachplunge poolperuvian restaurantgolf cartmain buildingcevichefour seasonsminutes from the airportbreakfast buffetbeautiful propertyclose to the airportkids clubbutler servicecancun airport
Reviewed 4 January 2015

The resort is beautiful, nobody can argue that point. But to be considered 5 star in the class of four seasons and ritz Carlton style resorts, well, this place needs to make significant steps up. The resort is very expensive and at some point you feel like you're going to be charged additional for the air you breathe in your room. It's not a nice feeling when you're on vacation. Every restaurant requires advance reservations. We could not find a single restaurant to take us one night. How is that possible? And then when we did make reservations via the front desk, they were all booked incorrectly at wrong times. Not to mention the "world class" spa losing our reservations. The front desk was less concerned about making guests feel welcome than explaining the lengthy rules of staying at this resort. I won't even begin to describe the beach chair situation at the pools. Getting up at 6am to reserve chairs is not fun. It was a drama every day.
As I've said, it was beautiful, but I would never return here again. And would tell people interested in staying here that you can easily find a beautiful resort elsewhere that will welcome you with open arms, not a rule book.

• Stayed: December 2014
16  Thank KristenFoster
Reviewed 3 January 2015

This resort is lovely but a little claustrophobic. The rooms are beautiful (we had two different rooms as we were four friends). The staff is friendly. The beach is sort of small. A year ago, we stayed at another resort in San Jose del Cabo and the beach there goes on for miles where you can walk and walk. Not the case here. The rooms here are quite spread out across several buildings and golf carts take you from building to building (our friends were staying about 4 buildings away). There are only 7 restaurants on the property and you MUST make dinner reservations in advance or you will starve to death. They also were really particular about allowing us to have food in our room. We had brought some snacks with us and they told us that wasn't allowed. I understand if they are concerned about birds or wildlife getting into the room but for such a fancy resort - I expected some flexibility to have some snacks in the room (particularly because it wasn't super easy to get food at all hours on the property). The spa is outstanding (although they did lose our reservation so that was a bit of a snafu and one I didn't expect from an award winning resort - but they found us appointments after we presented the email confirmation they had sent us with our massage info). The massage was truly one of the best of my life. The spa experience was absolutely fantastic. I would HIGHLY recommend it. I actually think the spa is the main reason to come here. The rest of the property was nice but I would not have included it on the "hot list" like Conde Nast did.

Room Tip: Try to stay near the main building. There are rooms down along the mangroves - which are lovely but about a 10 minute walk to the pools and beach.
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Hilary M
Reviewed 3 January 2015

Let me begin by giving you an idea of the type of travelers we are. We tend to seek out high end resorts such as the Four Season's, St. Regis etc. That being said, last year we stayed at the Ritz carlton Cancun and it was fine. The "strip" was much too commercial and crowded for our tastes. For a variety of reasons, we found ourselves booking another vacation during Christmas break to Cancun. Our travel agent suggested Nizuc and after looking at the website we decided to go.

The resort was close to the airport and not near the "strip". The entrance to Nizuc was very nice, somewhat elegant and secluded. Greating and check in was quick ,orderly and well done since we arrived on a Friday rather than a Saturday. We arrived at our room and found it very beautiful and spacious. The the glass doors and terrace extended the entire width of the room and the view of the beach and ocean was very nice. Great oversized sofa on the terrace. Bathroom was huge and very nice. Housekeeping often showed up early while my 17 year old son was still sleeping. Turn down service would also show up a bit early while we were still getting ready for dinner. Better early than late or never! My wife felt the lighting was a bit too low in the bathroom.

Excellent breakfast buffet with friendly and attentive staff. All the onsite restaurants got good marks from us. I thought Indochine was my favorite. La Playa, the dinner restaurant by the adult pool, was too aggressive with the salt on their steaks but still good. Lunches by the pools were good.

The resort was more of a "pool resort" to use rather than the beach. Beach was very calm ( we like some waves) and the was some seaweed/grass. The infinity edge pools were very nice. Our first day there my wife, my 17 yearold son and I went to the adult pool since there were a fair amount of young children ant the main pool. One of the staff had told us that teens over sixteen were allowed there. In the afterrnoon, one of the pool/restaurant managers came over to ask how old my son was and I told him that he was seventeen since his birthday was the next day. He then told me that he would have to be eighteen to stay at the adult pool. I was pretty bothered by that. We felt singled out since there were quite a few other teenagers there that were clearly a lot younger than my son. Since they have copies of everyone's passports, that was easily checked (they did check my son's passport because they commented on his upcoming birthday tommorrow). The other two families we were traveling with arrived the next day. Both of their son's were essentially the same age as our son. My son, shaves and drives and felt very uncomfortable being told he can only stay by the pool with the small children. We all stayed by the main pool the next day but when we went for lunch by the adult pool I noticed that the teenagers who were clearly younger than my son, were still there. We then found out for a fact that one of those teenagers was fourteen. The manager said he asked the child's mother, who siad he was eighteen but they never confirmed his age with his passport. I was fuming the next day and went to talk the pool manager again. He told me that they had a meeting and decided that during this week ,since it was going to be crowded, they would lower the age requirements. I asked him why no one was notified, especially us! They were not very apologetic for how my son was made to feel and didn't seem interested in making him feel welcome. This obviously left a sour taste in my mouth but I will move on from the negative.

The servers and attendants at the pool, Freddy, Manuel, Hector, Jose and the others were great! They were incredibly friendly and very appreciative for their well-deserved gratuities.

The resort was nice and If you really wanted to go to Cancun it would be an acceptable choice. The managment just did not seem to have the skills to go that extra mile as they do at other high end resorts. If they want to take it to the next level, they need to educate their mid-level managers on how to treat their guests.

Room Tip: Building 7 was close to the main area and a good location
  • Stayed: December 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Jeffrey G
Reviewed 2 January 2015

I really don't know where to start to review this fabulous property. The transfer from the airport to the hotel was very easy the hotel sends a luxury SUV to collect you from the airport. We arrived very early in the morning and did not expect our room to be ready by 9AM. By the time we checked in our hotel room was ready for us to enjoy. We booked a suite with plunge pool and view of the water. The hotel itself is a Zen dream, dark woods and open spaces. Our room was chic and luxe, the colors were a muted neutral palette. There are endless bottles of Fiji to enjoy, L'Occitane products, and the most amazing views. The bed and sheets were amazing.

There is so much to do we only left the resort once. There is paddle boarding, kayaking, snorkeling all free of charge. There are two pools one has a fabulous swim up bar the other is for adults only. We only enjoyed the adult only area the first day because all the water activities are on the main beach. I like that the resort offers both a family and an adult area.

We ate at the Italian, Mexican and Asian restaurant on property. All amazing food I can't choose a favorite place because they were all delicious. The breakfast buffet is amazing too. The beach cafe provided the best drinks and snacks while lounging on the beach.

The spa is a Zen dream, my fiance and I had a 2 hour couples treatment. Very relaxing and the spa itself is a work of art.

Last but certainly not least is the service. I did not realize that our room came with butler service when I booked the room. Mariana deserves special mention for going above and beyond for us. Everyone at the hotel greets you with a smile and no request is too big or small.

I only have one small complaint we stayed in building 9 and the restaurant next door has a lounge and the music can be a bit loud at night.

The Nizuc is the only place we will stay in Cancun moving forward.

• Stayed: December 2014, travelled as a couple
7  Thank maria0915
NIZUC R, Public Relations Manager at NIZUC Resort and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2015

Dear Maria,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at NIZUC Resort & Spa. Our mission is to make every guest stay a memorable one. Your positive comments encourage us to keep improving every day.

We hope to welcome you back in a near future.

Receive our warmest regards,

Reviewed 30 December 2014

We had no idea what to expect from NIZUC--aside from what we'd read on sites like this--but decided to give it a try based on the rave reviews. My vacation was a double hitter--3 days with my girlfriends for a bachelorette trip, then 3 days with my husband for our anniversary. It was PERFECT on both counts. GREAT Girls' trip, great romantic get away. The adult pool was booked by a private party while I was there with the girls, so that was disappointing. However, NIZUC made up for our "inconvenience" (when we requested some sort of an "I'm sorry to disappoint...") by treating our group of 8 women to a day at the spa. WONDERFUL. Then, once my girlfriends left and my husband arrived, we tried the "adult pool" and went back to the main pool. They were both great but we preferred the main pool and, quite honestly, there weren't many kids there anyway... We all loved it and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: There are at least 8 different room from which to choose. Contact concierge and they'll help you find the perfect room based on your type of trip and the money you're willing to spend.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nomadsland

Distinguished Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your bachelorette trip and anniversary at NIZUC Resort & Spa. Your comments encourage us to keep improving every day.

We will be very pleased to have you visiting us again in the near future

Please receive our best regards,