“Quality decreased over high price!”
Review of Assaggiare

Assaggiare
Ranked #303 of 1,034 Restaurants in Cancun
Price range: US$4 - US$6
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Gourmet Pizza, Pasta & salad. Every week we have a special menú, the best place in town decorated like a old Italy, the vespa´s are part of this place
Reviewed 2 December 2014

My wife and I were frequent visitors of this place, we even knew and visited their last location.
We used to go there because of their good quality beside average service, but pasta was very good. Suddenly they changed their location and moved to Palenque Av.
A pair of months later , my wife and I decided to pay another visit to check out their new place.
So we decided to take all the family with us, we arrived and found this new place beside the convenience store oxxo, we had trouble finding a parking spot.
Then we went inside the restaurant, they have a cozzy greenish deco, which we found to be amusing.
So we waited for service, that only took a few minutes. They handed us the menu, we checked it for new stuff, but for our bad surprise all the prices we used to know had been raised unfairly to the products we already knew... Only a few changes, yet still very expensive.
I really got mad at this point because we used to go for the balance between quality and price, but suddenly there was none of this.
I asked my wife about this which she had already noticed, but we decided to stay to chack out what had changed.
So we asked for pizza pasta and salad, as I mentioned before we were a group of 6 people.
We asked for many option in the menu including pasta, pizza and salad, beverages in new bottles but less quantity higher price ...
Once food arrived we all shared the food, which I consired was fairly served , yet tasty pasta, nor the pizza that wasnt that tasty enough...crusty but not so tasty!
Over all we spend a good time , but I wasnt very pleased as in the past , because of the expensiveness, my bill went up to about $85 for italian food... Which was to expensive for what we got. I ve been to many other places as I am a pizza and pasta lover , and I felt very dissapointed about this:
-High prices for less quality
-Service just fair , not good.
-Before we could ask for short or long pasta , now they only pick for you.
-No parking
-Less quantity in beverages very high priced.

I claimed top the owner what happened to their balance in quality and deal... He just SHOOK HIS HEAD!
So we decided to write this review and save you some bucks you may invest somewhere else, Until they change this situation and make things right, we ll be back.
Cheers!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

As travel bloggers, we regularly blog about and review restaurants for Marginal Boundaries. Consequently, we eat out a lot in Cancun, and we've tried all of the Italian places throughout the city. None of them come close to the quality or the intimacy we had while visiting Assaggiare. Kudos to chef/owner Miguel for the phenomenal pizza and the hospitality.

We highly recommend this restaurant to anyone who is in the mood for gourmet Italian pizza and pasta; all the recipes are Miguel's own unique twist on Italian classics, so if you are coming here expecting the typical "Americanized" crap that is drowned in tomato sauce...go somewhere else. If you want something different, something personal, something hand-crafted with passion and enthusiasm...come to Assaggiare.

1  Thank MarginalBoundaries
Reviewed 20 July 2013

Pizza is not very good. Passionate owners, poor execution. Food doesn't live up to my expectation of italian food. Salad was good. Drinks were good. Owners seem like nice folks, but the pizza wasn't tasty. The crust was thin but not tasty thin. It felt like you were eating a cracker.

1  Thank Evan S
Reviewed 13 April 2013

This cozy little place was exactly what I was looking for- huge bowls of pasta for an extremely reasonable price, and delicious! The owner was quite possibly the kindest person on the planet. I had a friend waiting for me outside of the restaurant, neither of us had known that it was not yet open, and he let her inside to wait for me. When I got there, he let us know that, even though still not officially open, he would accomodate everything for us. Absolutely tasty, great experience. Highly recommended!

3  Thank Kira S
Reviewed 12 April 2013

We decided to try this little italian food restaurant based on very positive reviews here on TripAdvisor. The restaurant is pretty cozy inside with only 4 tables, so the atmosphere is nice. Service was very nice, 2 guys who worked there that night were very informant and nice. We ordered Pizza and Pasta. Pasta was average, but pizza was really bad. Crust was very dry and tasted almost like pita bread. There was no flavor of italian pizza what so ever.
Prices are very reasonable, but whats the point if the food is mediocre.

1  Thank Arunas D