All reviews all inclusive fee rci members zip line overlooking the ocean spring break sales people whole week specialty restaurants king bed steak concierge pools resort vacation shows mimosas margaritas
Reviewed 19 November 2016

It's about 18. 5 kilometer from airport
They do not offer a taxi or shuttle from airport. but easy to manage , how:

Upon arrival to airport, once U finish custom , go out the first gate after custom - do not book taxi on the first hall where the currency exchange located.

Instead go beyond second sliding gate , you will have another taxi rental , limo, and shuttle service desk, the desk like a u shape , book one way, while booking ask if there is discount for roundtrip, boom you will get best deal, I have $54 round trip for October visit which I pay $84 in April visit

The resort speaks for itself
- best staff
-VIP lounge for members
-main restaurant + other 6 restaurants to eat dinner with special menus
-all rooms are ocean view
-safety provided, and balcony
-some rooms with kitchen
- some rooms with jacuzzi
-indoor swimming pool, adjacent to it kids pool and playground
-another three pools one is huge
-one extra pool on the first floor roof universal the main entrance on the main wing building
-all inclusive fee paid in advance
-unlimited number of phone or tables all get Wi-Fi free, also in the room
I have a lot of friendly staff there , so be nice and tip , you will get smile face and good service even you do not but I encourage everyone to be generous .

2 days before you leave call the taxi to confirm your pickup , you need 1/2 to the airport to arrive if you are early am.

Love it, you must visit to appreciate it.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammad A
Reviewed 24 August 2016

I have been coming to this resort since my 2 kids were little! This trip was to celebrate my daughter graduating from college! As usual we had a wonderful time! The employees are ALWAYS great- from the bartenders to the maids (they are very talented at towel animals!) to the concierges- all are warm and welcoming. I am an RCI member and exchanged my Orlando week to come back to Crown Paradise. My daughter was thrilled! We had a beautiful 1 bedroom condo with a small kitchen with a dining area and 2 bathrooms. Beds are comfy. Lots of TV channels.Our condo had a gorgeous ocean view. Plenty of room for me, my daughter and our two friends. When you come in as an RCI member you get RED CARPET treatment! You get to go to a special check in area, are served ice cold drinks during check in. You will be issued room keys and towel cards at this point. ***VERY IMPORTANT- Make sure you don't lose your towel key OR POOL TOWEL! There is a large charge for lost towel cards or towels! KEEP TRACK OF BOTH! You hand over your card to the people that hand out pool towels and you have to have your towel card at check out! Since I was here last they have also added FREE WIFI all over the resort! YEA! There were children (and teens) catching Pokemon everywhere-lol. You also are able to book all your restaurant reservations for the week-a very nice change! RCI members also are able to get into the Crown Club for a wonderful breakfast in the Crown Club complete with delicious mimosas and a GORGEOUS view of the ocean. You are also able to enjoy a happy hour and wonderful hor deorves every evening-SO FUN! A nice break from all the small children if you aren't there with any! The next to the last day I was offered a massage in the BEAUTIFUL spa for 1/2 price and it was WELL WORTH IT! Just wonderful! During the summer months there are MANY little ones but you can also hang out at the all-adult pool...AND WE DID. Nice and relaxing with many out door beds around the pool. Fun games are offered there during the day that are great for making new friends from around the world. Paola and Carlos are great at directing the activities there and Isaac is a fantastic sweet bartender! Restaurants are very good and wait staff is very good at what they do. Everyone works very hard to make your stay there memorable. The disco at the hotel is fun and the DJ starts at 11.The age for admission is 18 and up. The Scooby Doo shot is a must DO. Tipping is optional but I can't stress enough that you should! ;) If you have little ones they will love it (as my children have on our many vacations here!) and if you have teens they will have a blast too. If you are RCI members you will love the extra perks they have added for us! Have a wonderful vacation- I KNOW YOU WILL! <3

Room Tip: Ask to be placed on the 3rd floor or higher.
  • Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank DallasGogirl
Reviewed 29 February 2016

We exchanged thru RCI. We had to pay an addition $1500/week for the AI for two. We traded for a 1 bedroom suite. We have a full bath and King bed in one room and a Queen bed and 3/4 bath plus small kitchenette in the other room. It's clean and everything works well...two TV's! But there are no comfortable chairs, no sofa. We have a glass top table and four chairs in the 'kitchen' room that we moved over by the patio doors and put bed pillows on the chairs for cushions. We're here for two weeks, so this will get tiresome long before we leave.

The food is good. Huge buffet for 3 meals and 5 other restaurants for dinner that you must make advance reservations for but no extra charge. Also 3 offerings for snack/pool food and numerous bars. 3 pools. LOTS of kids, but at least three restricted eating/pool areas for adults only. ONE small complaint is they started major work on our elevator yesterday and we have a confusing, convoluted way to leave our floor and get down to the main floor. Can you imagine if there was an emergency?

We road the local bus into town yesterday for 'local flavor'. $1.50 US. Easy, clean and safe. Most restaurants and great shopping is half way into town from this hotel. Two World Class Malls, Casinos, Night Clubs.... But we LOVE that we are in a quieter area except when we choose to go else where. We do not have a car. Planning to go to ruins later this week.

Stayed: February 2016
2  Thank jodie_KSA
Reviewed 15 February 2016

I purchased my timeshare here 25 years ago. The hotel has been significantly improving since the owner took full control two years ago. The 6 restaurants are great. Book in advance prior to arriving otherwise you may not get in. The entertainment at the pool and at night is of good quality. Some rooms are upgraded, while others need to be upgraded. I am sure all rooms will get upgraded over the next year.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms closest to the ocean and facing the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2015

My family and I (3 boys aged 12,10 & 7 and a girl aged 8) stayed in the crown paradise 3 years ago in a family room in the main building which was absolutely bliss.

We had a fantastic time and so took the timeshare tour. They showed us a two bedroom suite in the main building which was absolutely top notch. Two bedrooms, separate living room with pull out bed, kitchen and wrap around balcony looking out on the ocean. We were also informed that we could book our restaurants for our entire stay when we arrived instead of having to call the reservation line everyday. In addition, a promise that if we found the all inclusive rate elsewhere cheaper than contracted timeshare all inclusive price we would get that rate plus a 20% discount.

How foolish of us to be sucked in!

The following year before making the reservation through golden shores I found a cheaper rate through a website. When I called to make the booking and quoted the rate they checked and said that it didn't apply as this was the rate for 2 children only. Had we booked through the website we would have saved $550 for a week and of course we didn't have to buy the timeshare for that rate.

We requested the 2 bedroom suite we had been shown in the main building when making the reservation with the golden shores office in California. We arrived at the hotel to find that they had given us 2 adjoining hotel rooms in the old building (beside the buffet restaurant), not a suite. After visiting the rooms which were extremely run down, smelled of damp & and which had practically no balcony we returned to the front desk. The check in staff and the manager who were extremely pleasant, informed us that the rooms in the main building (which we had been shown in the tour) could not be reserved.

They told us to go to the timeshare office and speak with a representative of golden shores and maybe they would be able to change us. In addition, they told us indeed we could not book restaurants for the week we had to repeatedly call the reservations number daily like hotel guests until we finally managed to get through.

We proceeded to the golden shores timeshare office and spoke with a representative who told us the manager would be with us shortly. After waiting 30 minutes someone finally showed up. He told us the same thing that the suites were not guaranteed. We threatened to let guests who were attending the timeshare presentation know what in reality they were purchasing. He checked the reservations and told us to come back the next day that a suite would be available.
We had booked an excursion for the next morning so he told us to check out of our current room, check our bags in with the front desk when leaving & pick up keys upon our return for our suite.

Alas we returned to be told by the front desk that there was no suite & they didn't know what he was talking about having availability! Again we proceed to golden shores office to speak with manager & are informed that he has left for the day.

The next morning I return to golden shores office, they tell me I will have to wait to speak with him. After an hour he still does not come out, I inform them that I will start speaking to the family's in the office currently taking the tour & let them know that actually none of what they are told is true. Ten minutes later he still does not appear so I join an american family at their table and tell them about our experience. The mother tells me that she booked her holiday through Costco and did not intend to purchase as they could get it cheaper through them. She had only attended to receive free passes to catamaran tour. At this point 10 security guards arrive and out comes the manager who I have been waiting to speak with for 95 minutes. He informs me that he is going to call the police if I do not leave.

That's pretty much what you put up with as a timeshare holder yet as a hotel guest I had the most wonderful experience with a superior room.

After speaking with a number of fellow Americans at the resort we learned that all of them had been promised the same suites we were shown and then upon arrival had been dumped in these sub standards hotel rooms.

My family and I will not be returning to Golden Shores even though we have paid upfront. Our last experience was horrific and totally ruined our vacation!!!

Room Tip: Don't purchase a timeshare stick with the hotel!!!
  • Stayed: April 2015, travelled with family