In November i said at the the Riu Palace Las Americas for a wedding, there were 36 of us so didnt matter where we stayed i knew it was going to be a good holiday, but this hotel is absolutely amazing the best all inclusive hotel i have ever stayed at. The staff are so polite and they do everything they can to make sure you have the best holiday.
The reps always keep you entertained and they have daily games and entertainment around the main pool which are brillant!! The reps will intrigue you to go to the clubs in Cancun their selling skills are good but do not be put of by this, we went to bulldog which was soooo good and Coco Bongo which was the best club i have ever been to, yes you may have to wait and it is around £40 to get in, however you are supplied with endless drinks and it also is a show so £40 was a very good price. Do not buy tickets outside the hotel as the reps take you in a coach and you skip the queue.
The food was outstanding, they have many varieties of food such as american, italian, mexican and french, there is something there for everyone. I must add that the ala carte restaurants are a MUST! We tried the steak house, mexican and the french, the french was my favourite and was amazing quality of service and food ( i had steak and i dont even eat red meat it was that good!)
The rooms were lovely, although they seem dated in the pictures they are extremely spacious with plenty of room, very comfy beds and a nice big flat screen tv. There is a mini bar in the room with spirits, beer and soft drinks which are topped up each day which was a bonus and FREE!. Ask for a sea view, the view was amazing to wake up to each morning. The maids are brillant they cleaned the room everyday and sometimes made towels art on our bed which was a lovely touch. There is a wet damp smell sometimes that wafts through the hotel this is not there fault as a few years ago the hotel was flooded, they have tried to dry it out so the smell you will have to put with but this is very minor.
We went on loads of excursions it is a must when you travel here, we swam with dolphins, sharks and sting rays, drove a speed boat and went on the pirate ship, all were absolutley amazing. We also went on a sail boat a nice american on the beach had his own boat and took us out for about 1 hour which was lovely. Jet skiis were awesome!
I had the most amazing 2 weeks here and will be staying here again next year which i cannot wait! this truely is a amazing place and hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- * Located in "Corazone", Cancun???S resort area * On the beachfront * Complimentary sun loungers on the hotel???S private beach * 8-storey building * 100 m/325 ft. To Hotel Riu Cancun * 120 m/390 ft. From a shopping centre * 10 km/6.2 Miles from downtown Cancun * 20 km/12.5 Miles from the airport * Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp and Expedia so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Cancun
- Cancun Riu Palace
- Riu Las Americas Cancun
- Hotel Riu Palace Las Americas Cancun
- Riu Palace Las Americas Hotel
- Las Americas Cancun