All reviews real cancun king suite great pool yucatan maid
Reviewed 20 May 2016 via mobile

I was looking for a reasonably priced hotel to crash in and potentially sleep off any jet lag before checking in to club med and hotel Xbalamque provided that.
I loved the decor and that was what attracted me to it besides the price. It is a little bit away from some of the main tourist attractions but is close to market 28 which is great for souvenir shopping.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 May 2016

I have been for 11 days in Cancun staying at Xbalamque. The first night has been very poor, I have been woken up by a noisy couple who decided to copulate at 4am in the corridor right outside my door. Thankfully it got much better the following nights. Breakfast was ok, nothing special. I need to mention Juan Carlos, a very pleasant man with a fantastic sense of humor. He made my stay worth it.
Overall it wasn't an expensive stay, so I cannot really complaint.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fabio A
Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

This hotel was very cheap and that is the only reason it doesn't get 1 star. The rooms were old and dated. The AC unit in our first room had no control so could only be on max or off meaning it sounded like an aircraft taking off. It got so bad I had to request to move rooms at 3am. They did move us but the new room was not much better. The breakfast was poor with no coffee left and two options which seemed to be fruit or soggy pancakes. Best pay some more money have have somewhere habitable.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sandyman1
Reviewed 21 April 2016

I would never go back here and I would not recommend it to anyone. The "lobby" and hallways are roofed but NOT air conditioned which makes the heat unbearable in all the common spaces.The rooms and the restaurants are a bit run down (you can tell it was built a while back) and it's not in the nicest/safest area in the city. The WIFI in the rooms never worked (they blamed it on their internet provider) and the TV only has a few channels in Spanish but not a single one in English. Although we found this hotel using the "wheelchair accesible" filters, this hotel clearly is NOT such. A small and steep ramp at the main entrance of the hotel and a small and tight elevator, do NOT make it wheelchair accesible. This hotel's "lobby" and hallways have floors all made of uneven and very bumpy stones (I understand it was made to simulate a Mayan archeological site but this makes it extremely difficult to maneuver a wheelchair). The elevator is tiny and does NOT fit a wheelchair without having to move and slant it around some. There is NO ramp but only a big step to access the pool area. The room does not fit a wheelchair next to the bed, nor into the shower area, where there is also a step. The shower does NOT have a shower chair (a special one for handicapped people like actual wheelchair accesible hotels DO have). The hotel "suites" are completely unaccesible since there's a long flight of stairs and no elevator to reach them. The ONLY thing that maybe "saves" this place is the food at La Adelita restaurant which was actually pretty good and not expensive at all.

Room Tip: This is NOT a wheelchair accessible hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2016

I booked this hotel through Groupon for a reasonable price. The reason being, we just needed a place to stay for our early morning flight back home. Groupon has never failed me before. The reviews of this place are absolutely deceiving. The hotel itself looks interesting w/ it's Mayan theme..BUT...The rooms are all FILLED w/ actively growing MOLD.

I have severe asthma and suffered from it after being in this room for only 15 minutes. The ceilings had mold, the bathroom was full of mold, EVERYTHING. We noted the health issue and were offered another room all w/ the same issue. At this point it doesn't matter where you stay because the AIR is housing MOLD and other bacteria flowing through the entire hotel.

They refused to cancel our reservation or refund any amount. They said that they were close to the water and that's why there's obviously going to be mold. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! Every other beachfront hotel I stayed at did NOT have this issue..and this hotel was MILES from the water. It was absolutely horrific. We immediately booked another hotel and left. It wasn't worth my health to end up in a hospital over it.

Please, spend the extra money and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms are filled w/ mold. Travelers beware.
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with friends