10,651 results
All reviews market cafe bluewater grill preferred club preferred pool sea salt piano bar preferred level secrets resort the blue water grill preferred room dragons restaurant entertainment team olio restaurant coffee bar honeymoon suite greeted with champagne the hard rock
Reviewed 27 February 2017

This was a very clean, service-oriented hotel (although it claims to be a resort). The staff were very attentive--too much sometimes--and considering it's all-inclusive, it's a good price. All rooms face the Caribbean Sea, which is just gorgeous. There is a lovely spa, too, but services are not included.

The food was good in each of the restaurants, but The Market Cafe, which offered Mexican fare, was not always open for dinner, due to the outdoor buffet. The breakfast buffet was absolutely lovely and plentiful with a nice variety. Drinks are included and served all day. The water is purified at the bars and restaurants, but do not drink it from the faucets. The hotel includes a kiosk where you can buy some souvenirs or necessities, but it's very expensive. ($30 for sunblock.) There was a variety of daily activities and entertainment planned.

Major turnoff: Upon arrival I was assigned a "Counselor" who was really a salesman trying to get me to commit to a package for future stays. He would not take no for an answer, insisting that I meet with him further and badgering me, so that kind of set the tone and stressed me out on my vacation. Also, the hotel is NOISY. This is because people are partying under that ocean-view balcony until 3AM. There were other minor annoyances, but they were quickly remedied.

So, if you want to drink, party and enjoy the beach/pool--go for it. But if you want a quiet, relaxing place? Eh. Not so much. Most people seemed to be enjoying the atmosphere, though.

Room tip: Rooms with direct view (not side view) of the sea might be quieter.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Banana304
Reviewed 27 February 2017

Our second vacation to the Vine and once again we absolutely loved this resort.We started off in room 1617, but changed due to the fact that we really enjoy the 10th floor room (stayed in 1006 last year)with huge patio (seems like its quieter side of resort also) and they accommodated us perfectly. The rooms are wonderful, showers are huge and rooms are clean and stylish! The staff members we enjoyed last year remembered us and when we saw them this year it was all smiles again this year. Marcello and Alberto in the Market Cafe treated us to a big hug every morning, and always took great care of us. Geovanny at the poolside bar was fabulous, welcomed us every morning and always took tiome toi chat to see how we were doing. We saw last year 's favorite staff member Oliver (working on the beach) and he took time to talk to us and take photo.. The food was fantastic, we never had to wait at restaurants ( we do eat early however) and we left satisfied at every meal.
I would say that if resort busy, it's in your best interest to get up early and claim a chair if you have a favorite spot around pool or at beach. That was no issue for me since I'm an early riser and enjoyed watching the sunrise while saving our favorite poolside chairs.
The entertainment is really fun to watch, the staff is energetic and we met some really great people both times we visited.
I would mention that the hallways are kind of loud , so we did hear a lot of noise when people shut doors and when some people decided to converse in hallways, but it wasn't any thing that lasted for long amounts of time or during late hours.
The SPA is amazing, and having 3 pools , 1 preferred pool, and the beach keeps people spread out so there is no overcrowding at any spot.. We stayed at the Manatee Bar pool and just love relaxing and enjoying our favorite Caribbean Snow drinks!
Perfect for a nice romantic getaway, peaceful and relaxing.. We are already thinking about another visit next year or possibly going to another Secrets resort!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank _cruz_anthony
Reviewed 27 February 2017

The service was above expectations, the pools great and the food was excellent. The staff were always friendly and smiling. Javier at the Nebbiolo restaurant was the greatest server ever. Attentive, personable and entertaining, he brought us food that he thought we would like in addition to what we had ordered. What a great representative of the resort.
We would definitely stay here again and would eat at Nebbiolos just to have Javier serve us!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank motraveler03
Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

This resort is absolutely beautiful, and the employees made it a vacation I will never forget. They went above and beyond to make sure we were comfortable and happy, and made sure we left with a "wow!" I went to celebrate my birthday with friends, and although it has a romantic atmosphere we still felt very comfortable and had so much fun. There was entertainment every day at the pools and shows every night ranging from dancing to comedy to karaoke! They also put a lot of effort into personalizing our time there. Before I went there, they found out I like Batman and upon my arrival I was greeted at the staircase with yellow roses and champagne presented by someone in a full Batman suit! Needless to say, I would love to go back and wish I never had to leave. I will always recommend this resort to everyone who goes to Cancun! Thank you Secrets for the best vacation I could have imagined, and a special thanks to Eduardo for putting on a costume and Krystal for helping arrange such a memorable experience!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank Megan C
Reviewed 27 February 2017

The food was excellent (except for desserts...they need improvement). Service was top notch. Be sure to ask bartenders for their drink specialties. Tarvin at the preferred club pool was fantastic. Our floor butler, Jemima was amazing!

Date of stay: November 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank Erockn1211