3,575 results
All reviews marco polo bogavante restaurant las fuentes royal side sister resort next door time share ocean view lobby bar nightly shows entertainment staff bottled water all inclusive resort senor frogs hot dogs a lot of fun pool side kids club
Reviewed 5 September 2012

My boyfriend and I got a Groupon for GR Caribe and went down with some friends in August.
The pros far outweigh the cons, and I'd highly recommend staying here.
Pros:
- wonderful location, more secluded and quiet part of Cancun, accessible to the action by bus
- staff was so friendly and helpful, especially Jose Gilberto and Armando
- beach was clean and beautiful and literally steps from our room
- rooms were clean, updated, and well appointed
- use of pool and swim up bar at the sister hotel
- complimentary bottled water

Cons:
- walls were very thin
- food was more focused on gourmet looking presentation and didn't have great taste

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KF505
Reviewed 4 September 2012

This was my second all inclusive trip to Cancun. We loved the GR Caribe because it was smaller and quiet and clean compared to other inclusives. There was access to a larger resort right next door when you wanted more activity. The staff was very, very friendly and courteous. The room was pretty and the bed was comfy. They did not do the hard sell trying to get us to hear their timeshare spiel (much appreciated).

The food was just okay, but I have not stayed at an all inclusive with really good food ever. I think that is how they control cost so you don't overeat. It was adequate, though, and the frozen drinks were good.

I thought it was a very good value and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a lagoon view to save a few dollars. It was very quiet and had great sunsets. In late August the sea turtles are hatching. You may get to see a release if you time it right.
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Immaculate hotel. Delicious food. THe most amazing service. Excellent accommodations. The only reason I did not give it 5 stars is the lack of Internet access. Only the lobby has wifi, so I found myself spending more time than I would like to in the lobby. I would rather have been able to check my email by the pool or in my room. Otherwise it's an excellent place to stay!! The staff go out of their way to meet your every need. The service is worthy of FIVE stars!!

Reviewed 2 September 2012

My wife and spent our 20 year anniversary at the resort and it was is fantastic! Everyone was very professional and courteous throughout our entire stay, but more importantly, the hotel is immaculate in regards to cleanliness. The rooms were very clean and the ceiling fans augmented the air conditioning. The lobby does not have a/c, but it's an open area, besides your at the beach. The food was good and of course there are dress codes for the restaurant at night. Many people complain but it keeps the restaurant elegant for dinner purposes ( who wants to be dining next to someone dripping wet from the ocean or pool)?
As for children, yes they are there having as much fun as the adults. If you dont want children to be around, do not stay at a family resort. My wife and I had a wonderful time mingling with different families and going on various tours. The hotel is strict about their rules and this is good due to many people thinking that just becasue they are in Mexico they can do whatever they want. The hotel is very strict in regards to the security as to who enters and this also is very comforting and will not tolerate behavior which is offensive to other patrons.
If you stay in this resort, you can utilize the Solaris next door, however, we were so pleased with the GR Caribe, we rarely went next door. The resort is truly a very relaxing atmosphere and the their employees are 100% responsible for this and you truly feel comfortable. As for the time share, yes it exists, and if you dont want it, just say no they have a desk and you go to them, they do not pressure you in the hotel. Its just another service they provide if you desire and they are not like the vultures at the airport.
My wife and I liked it so much, we are going back in a couple of months. There is really no need to rent a car, the resort is the first stop from the airport and you can travel anywhere you want on the bus for .70 cents. The tours will also pick you up and drop you off at this resort unlike other resorts in the city.
This resort may not be as fancy as the others in the city, however their customer service cannot be outmatched! We have no regrets and plan on taking other family and friends on a continuing basis to the resort...

Room Tip: If you want a good room with an ocean view, pay for it! Many people believe they will automatically upgraded by making petty complaints. It will not work, pay for the upgrade if you want it, however, my wife and I toured all the rooms, and believe me, there are no bad rooms in this resort. Even if you want an upgrade, there may not be any available due to others paying for what they want. Our room was not an ocean view room and we loved it...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CEAguilar
Reviewed 30 August 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at this resort mid June and wow I was impressed. I have been to a few other islands and never had such great service as the one at this resort. Everyone is so friendly and caring.

I am going to keep it real simple. Caribe is all about relaxation not much going on if you want entertaintment you have to go to the sister hotel next door.

Beach - Excellent.. plenty of beach chairs and cabanas and there is someone always there cleaning and someone taking your drink orders. The water is a little rough but for those who enjoy waves you wont have any problems.

Restaurants - Breakfast at Cafe Solaris was amazing including your typical breakfast items and a omelet station you could never go wrong with your choices. Bogavante - on days and nights that we were not out in town we had lunch and dinner here and the service was great! It was menu style, the food was good and the view was perfect! There isn't a buffet option for lunch or dinner at this location but you could just walk right over to Solaris and eat there. I went twice and it was ok your average buffet.

Room- Clean and cozy. The room was cleaned every day, no complaints. However it would of been nicer if more rooms had a balcony.

Pool- The chairs were so comfy perfect to lay out all day. We're not much of pool people but everyone else seemed to enjoy it.

The location is good a bit out of the scene but for a $1.00 you can get on a shuttle and be downtown. The resort is perfect, small and quiet (so relaxing!) I wouldn't change a thing. We are in our mid-twenties and if we wanted to party we would just leave and hit the party scene and afterwards it was so nice to come back to peace and quiet. I would definitely recommend this hotel to others!

Great job and thank you so much for an amazing week!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple