“One of our favorite restaurants”
Review of Savio's Bistro by La Dolce Vita - CLOSED

Savio's Bistro by La Dolce Vita
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: By Gran Melia Hotel
Description: Since 1983 La Dolce Vita has been consistently rated as one of the top restaurants in Cancun, serving fresh sea food and home-made pasta, owned and operated by owners George Savio (founder), his son Tim Savio and Juan J. Casal. In December 2010 we open Savio´s bistro by La Dolce Vita. Overlooking the lagoon in a casual atmosphere you can choose to dine in at the comfort of air-conditioned dining room or the beautiful munti-level terrace. Service is friendly and dinner specials change daily to mach the season. We have a fair priced and diverse wine list from around the world. Dress code: Casual Desde 1983 La Dolce Vita ha sido consistentemente catalogado como uno de los mejores restaurantes de Cancún, sirviendo pasta hecha en casa, pescados y mariscos frescos, operado por sus dueños: George Savio (fundador) su hijo Tim y Juan J. CasalEn Diciembre 2012 abrimos Savio's bistro by La Dolce Vita, con una vista espectacular de la laguna, en un ambiente casual, puede escoger cenar con el confort del aire acondicionado o en nuestra terraza de cuatro niveles. El servicio es amable y los especiales cambian diariamente de acuerdo con la época del año. Tenemos una amplia y variada carta de vinos. Código de vestir: Informal.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We have been traveling to Cancun at least a couple of times a year for the last decade. This past year we took my mom who was celebrating her 80th birthday.This restaurant is one of our favorites. Always clean with impeccable service, great food, and excellent wines. The view inside or out is great.

1  Thank USJC

Reviewed 20 June 2014

This restaurant has a great location overlooking the lagoon and the multi-level layout is great. It was quiet when my wife and I visited but service was poor, possibly because we had at least 5 waiters. An example: I ordered one fettucini dish and received a different one. My replacement was so salty if proved almost inedible. My wife's dessert (almond cake) was very generous but had a strange texture and little flavour. My affogato was more like a coffee/Bailey's float than what I expected (and yes, I have eaten affogato before). The atmosphere is nice, but it's not worth suffering for the poor quality of food.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was fabulous foods and I could honestly say the food was as good as the food I have eaten in Italy. The atmosphere was fabulous and great view of the lagoon. Love this place and had a great experience.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

We were able to walk in without a reservation for dinner, and get a table with a beautiful view of the bay. The waiters were attentive, and the owner came by to check on us. The food was delicious, I had a salad with the house dressing and the rest of my family had pasta. They offer a regular portion, which is enough for 2 of us to share, or smaller half portions of pasta. It was reasonably priced and a very relaxing atmosphere.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I go to Cancun for several months every winter and a trip wouldn't be complete without several trips to this restaurant. I try different things every time I am there and can't pick a favourite meal as every thing has always been great. The location over looking the lagoon is fantastic and the service is superb. Will see them again this winter.