“My favourite restaurant in Cancun”
Review of Savio's Bistro by La Dolce Vita - CLOSED

Savio's Bistro by La Dolce Vita
Price range: US$20 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: By Gran Melia Hotel
Description: Since 1983 La Dolce Vita has been consistently rated as one of the top restaurants in Cancun, serving fresh sea food and home-made pasta, owned and operated by owners George Savio (founder), his son Tim Savio and Juan J. Casal. In December 2010 we open Savio´s bistro by La Dolce Vita. Overlooking the lagoon in a casual atmosphere you can choose to dine in at the comfort of air-conditioned dining room or the beautiful munti-level terrace. Service is friendly and dinner specials change daily to mach the season. We have a fair priced and diverse wine list from around the world. Dress code: Casual Desde 1983 La Dolce Vita ha sido consistentemente catalogado como uno de los mejores restaurantes de Cancún, sirviendo pasta hecha en casa, pescados y mariscos frescos, operado por sus dueños: George Savio (fundador) su hijo Tim y Juan J. CasalEn Diciembre 2012 abrimos Savio's bistro by La Dolce Vita, con una vista espectacular de la laguna, en un ambiente casual, puede escoger cenar con el confort del aire acondicionado o en nuestra terraza de cuatro niveles. El servicio es amable y los especiales cambian diariamente de acuerdo con la época del año. Tenemos una amplia y variada carta de vinos. Código de vestir: Informal.
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I go to Cancun for several months every winter and a trip wouldn't be complete without several trips to this restaurant. I try different things every time I am there and can't pick a favourite meal as every thing has always been great. The location over looking the lagoon is fantastic and the service is superb. Will see them again this winter.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had dinner here our last night in Cancun. It was fantastic! We walked in with no reservations, got a table right on the water with an excellent view of the lagoon. If it hadn't been a bit cloudy, the sunset would have been amazing. The service was great, food was very good and decently priced and the wine list was nice and not too overpriced like most places in Cancun. It's a really nice, relaxing, romantic place without being too fancy! We wish we had went here earlier in our trip as we would have come back a couple times. We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

For the past 15 + years, my wife and I have celebrated our Anniversary Dinner at Savios Bistro - La Dolce Vita. The ambience is fantastic, as is the food, service and price. Sitting on the patio and watching the sunset over the lagoon is unreal. It is by far, our favorite restaurant in Cancun

Reviewed 28 May 2014

We've been eating at this restaurant a number of years, from when they were in their former location in Plaza Caracol. Always good, especially the pasta which is homemade. The atmosphere of the current location is intimate as you sit beneath lanterns on tiers of tables overlooking the lagoon. Perfect!

1  Thank niagrace
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Was told by a few friends to try La Dolce Vita, but my husband and I didn't feel like cabbing it to the main town. Savio's ended up being down the block from our hotel, so we decided to try it. One of our favorite meals during our vacation! Stopped by during lunchtime to make a reservation for the same evening. We were able to get a seat on the dock- not the balcony, but the small boat dock in the very front. They only have two seaters, but I highly recommend if you are able to get one them. We watched an alligator swim nearby and watched the sun set. The wine list is nice, but don’t expect much help choosing a wine unless you ask the owner. My husband and I shared the mozzarella sticks and Savio’s shrimp wrapped in prosciutto and provolone- both were fabulous! For dinner I had the small seafood linguine. It was very good, but I could have done without the lumps of fish and just had the shell fish. My husband enjoyed the small portion of lasagna. We were stuffed, but decided to share the almond cake, again, delicious! Prices are reasonable for the quality of food and beautiful atmosphere. Reservations are suggested if you want to sit on the balcony or dock.

It's also one of those nice restaurants where you order each course at a time, which can make for a longer dinner. You can order all at once, just be sure to speak up!