“A lovely evening.”

Ranked #322 of 1,192 Restaurants in Cancun
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2018

A red carpet rolls out to meet you as you enter what appears to be a private home. What were previously different rooms in the home are now dining rooms. A very unique setting indeed. The food and service are excellent, however I had hoped for a vegetarian entree choice, finding none I chose the salmon. It was well prepared but I would have preferred a non-fish/seafood option. A lovely evening and a very nice restaurant but not many options for vegetarians.

1  Thank lizlubee

Reviewed 5 December 2017

We had an amazing time this evening 12/5/17! Our server David was the best i've ever had, I could tell by the smile he greeted us with when we walked in that we were in good hands. As we asked questions and made choices you could see his excitement which put a smile on my face. We started with the Tortilla soup and Roasted Scallops for entrees we had the Ravioli, Oso Buco, and Short rib. Desert was a chocolate lava cake with a sorbet. The food was great. David sat us in a private room on the 2nd floor which provided a great ambience for our meal. We were given a tour of the 3 story restaurant and were amazed by the size of the event space.

Reviewed 6 March 2017

I have lived in Cancun for more than 20 years. So, this Valentines, it's 1:00 and my husband and I suddenly realize, that it is Valentines and we have made no plans. Well needless to say all the restaurants were booked, so we decided to just go out the next day and not deal with the crowds. We wanted to try something new so went to Chef Morales restaurant in downtown Cancun. Now, I know they were full the day before and the waiter said they had had and event in the morning, but still. when we walked in we were not sure they were open. No one was anywhere to be seen. So, we called out a few times and had almost reached the kitchen when a waiter finally appeared. The restaurant was originally someones home,which gives it a nice private feel. I believe they rent it out for events a lot. There was a small group upstairs and my husband and I the food we ordered was very good, (needed salt) unfortunately one of the plates we really wanted to order, the costilla de Res, (beef ribs) described as cooked for 14 hours, was not ready. Now they open at 2 and it was 3:30 so that was disappointing. We ordered the pork belly instead and it was very good, actually too big to finish. Service not so good. For the type of fine dining they are advertising, I have a certain expectation of service. The waiter regularly disappeared for 5-10 minutes. My husband had to pretty much go to the kitchen to ask for salt, again there was no one there when we entered, one of the dishes as I said that we wanted was not available, and the wine we asked for was not available either. We will go back and give it another try, we really were hoping to try the ribs. Hopefully the next time will go better. I did give 4 stars though because what we did try was good, and I am giving them some slack because of the date.

Reviewed 2 March 2017

Having lived in Cancun for many years, I have often driven past this "mysterious" home wondering what was hidden inside. This week I had the pleasure of enjoying a delicious lunch and finally discovering the beauty of this unique restaurant.

We were treated to a tasting menu, each course was elegantly presented by the extremely knowledgeable and friendly staff explaining the delicacies we were about to taste. The starter of a yellow fin tuna "kibi" or "kivi" was delightfully light with a great blend of flavours, a cool twist on the Yucatan/Lebanese kibi. The tortilla soup was perfect, I could have had two more bowls! The tlayoco was a salty treat, the combination of "heavy" and "light" textures was lovely.

The next course was the main entree, slow-cooked ribs in a chil mole sauce with creamy sweet potatoes. I admit I am not normally a mole fan (I know, I know, shoot me!), but I literally cleaned the sauce off the plate with some bread.

Dessert was a buñuelo filled with mascarpone cheese set on a sauce of coffee and ¨piloncillo, a blend of flavours that were perfect to close out the meal.

We had the pleasure of meeting the chef, humble and kind and even a little bit shy, it was a honour.

Overall this was a magnificent experience. I definitely recommend that tourists get out of the hotel zone and discover this gem downtown for a wonderful evening of Mexican cuisine.

1  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 17 February 2017 via mobile

It was the first time visiting this restaurant, my girlfriend gave me a surprise on a private dinner, the place is a beautiful house. As a gourmet food lover, the food was fantastic, unique, the combinations of all the dishes that they brought us are amazing. I highly recommend this place if it's for normal dinner or something private with your special one.

1  Thank EduardooSierra