We had stayed at the Royal Islander back in 1999 and decided to return this year for a family vacation. We were not disappointed at all! We had a full 2-bedroom villa at the Royal Caribbean which was perfect for our family of 5: master bedroom with king bed and own bathroom, 2nd bedroom with 2 double beds and own bathroom, full kitchen, full living room with 2 Murphy beds, large balcony with full patio set. You would be hard pressed to find something so spacious at any other resort.
Everything on the resort is immaculate and all staff is extremely friendly. You have access to all facilities of the 3 side-by-side resorts (Islander, Caribbean, Mayan) as well as the other 2 resorts in Cancun (Sands, Club International).
We took the bus to Wal-Mart in downtown Cancun to do some groceries, mostly for breakfasts and lunches. It's much cheaper than buying your food at the resort's convenience store.
We tried a few of the resort restaurants for dinner: Paco Taco's and The Palapa (casual Mexican), Tradewinds, and Captain's Cove (fine Seafood and Steak). All restaurants were very good but a bit pricey, especially the drinks and desserts.
We do have 2 minor complaints:
1) The WiFi was terrible - it was slower than dial-up, often not being able to connect at all. That being said, you shouldn't be connected when you're on vacation (c:
2) Lack of nightlife - the outdoor bars and the sports bar were pretty dead at night. In other words, we found that there wasn't much to do on the resorts after dinner. I think this has more to do with the clientele - it consisted mostly of retired people and some young families (no offense to anyone intended (c:)
Aside from the above very minor issues, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Royal Resorts. The service, the facilities, the beach, the activities, the food were all excellent! Definitely worth it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Royal Caribbean(R) Nestled between a magnificent stretch of powder-white sand and lovingly tended tropical gardens, our two resorts offer an exceptional collection of services... And twice the fun. Escape to paradise. Sink your toes into soft white sand that's always cool to the touch and listen to the murmur of the waves. Start the day with a swim in the pool, work out in the gym or sign up for tennis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers and Expedia so you can book your The Royal Caribbean reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Royal Caribbean Hotel Cancun
- Cancun Caribbean Resort Royal
- Royal Caribbean Resort Cancun
- Royal Carribean
- Caribbean Royal