“BEST food in Cancun!”

Cuisines: Argentinian, Seafood, International, Grill
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 6 March 2014

If you like authentic Mexican food you need to go here! Best food we had all trip. Guac was amazing. Atmosphere was adorable. Perfect night.

Reviewed 26 April 2013

This was my 13th trip to Cancun. I have been going every six months for years. I found this restaurant by accident in 2011 and it was the best mistake I have ever made in Mexico! haha Gregorio invited me in with a free Don Julio Margarita and I was sold. Since then I have visited him every six months. He is part Mexican, part Korean and he is what makes the dining experience exceptional, along with his very high pitch giggling. This trip, I brought my brother and his wife and he treated them as if they were his own family and offered us complimentary shots of tequila. The menu has changed a bit since my first trip and the location has moved to the shop next door but the food is preety good and very reasonably priced. I have read reviews that the food was bad but all of the meals I have eaten there (steak, arrachera, chorizo, empanadas, salads) have been better than what I eat here in the states. We got two steaks and an order of Fajitas with 1 bottled water, 2 Margaritas and 2 coronas, 2 shots of tequila for around $45 USD

Reviewed 15 January 2013 via mobile

Having read the reviews of Maya Linda ( which is what the restaurant is named now) we thought we'd give it a shot for dinner. Very nice gentleman welcomed us in which turned out to be the highlight of our experience. The food was just awful. Our kids had the pasta bolognese and chicken fingers. The chicken fingers were the stand out of the meal. Homemade and pretty good. The bolognese sauce was odd tasting and none of the children would eat it. My wife had the grilled chicken breast which was edible. My oldest had the ravioli which paled in comparison to Chef Boy-are-dee. To make matters worse my wife and I ordered sangria which was the absolute worst sangria we've ever had - and had no fruit whatsoever in it. With all of the choices you have to eat in Cancun, give this one a pass.

Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

We were looking for this place base don the reviews. It is actually now Maya Linda under new ownership. The restaurant is incredible. The food is fabulous. We had a guacamole appetizer which was delicious. I had paella, best ever...my friend had a Mexican sampler platter. We also had 2 margaritas and a pins colada and the bill was something ridiculous like $30-35. I'm a food snob and this may have been one of the best meals I had in Cancun. The owner was dining next to us so we got a chance to talk a but about the local culture and the restaurant. I can't wait to go back!

1  Thank ruby7773
Reviewed 18 February 2012

My husband and I spent Valentine's dinner at La Linda with another couple. Our waiter, Gregorio, was the epitome of charm and kindness. The food was excellent, and the margaritas were refreshing. I highly recommend the breaded calamari appetizer and the Argentinian steak, which is the house specialty.