First day the roof was leaking all over, buckets all over the place following some rain. Not a great start. Room was ok but nothing special, a bit tired and having a lagoon view our balcony overlooked a giant fan that was very noisy sounding like a helicopter was going to land. We tried to upgrade to a sea view but was told to come back to reception when a manager was there but every time we went there was no manager, just the same staff member so decided we couldn't be bothered if they couldn't.
The best thing about the hotel was the food, the restaurants are great but for a 2 week stay it got boring very fast, particularly the breakfast, only going twice in the second week. The coffee place was great and we went a lot, a couple of the staff in there were great.
The hotel was quiet so never had an issue getting sun beds though the rear pool near the road was under a lot of construction and very noisy.
The bars were ok, though the choice on offer wasn't great offer finding things run out so having to choose something else, service was also slow particularly in the piano bar if there were more than a few people. The two bar men in there most often were the worst staff we came across. The short guy was rude and ignorant, suffice to say he never got a tip.
The spa is good though not the cheapest and the hot tub for spa use was filthy with green water too.
Overall the hotel was ok but the food made my stay better, though breakfast is very repetitive. Wouldn't stay again, there is plenty of choice for the price range in cancun so will go elsewhere if I ever return
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- "Oh yes - I'm sexy, sensuous... And adults-only resort that's romantic, relaxing and a little risque. Warm and inviting. Follow your bliss and learn my secrets -from my foodie-friendly gourmet dining experience to my exclusive Sian Ka'an preserve, a true Shangri-La, a lost paradise on earth". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Grand Oasis Sens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sens Del Mar Hotel Cancun
- Oasis Playa Cancun
- Cancun Oasis Playa
- Grand Oasis Playa Cancun Mexico
- Oasis Playa Hotel In Cancun
- Grand Oasis Playa Hotel Cancun