US$420
  • Pool
Moon Palace Cancun(Cancun)
US$659
9,686 results
All reviewswayne's bootsadult poollos galloskids paradisela piazzamechanical bulltrafalgar barfrench restaurantmain poolnew towercovered poolsteakbunk bedszip linegames roomfamily resortchicken wings
Reviewed 29 April 2010

This is the best family resort I have seen. Tons of great amenties for kids of all ages and parents. The best part is that this resort is great for couples without kids also, with there extensive adult only areas and activties and even an adult only restaraunt. This is one of the best values in mexico for all that you get for what you pay is amazing. I would recommend this resort for anyone and everyone

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
3  Thank Timothy O
Reviewed 29 April 2010

As ALL the bad critics people are saying, im glad i didn't listen to THEM!! this place is gorgeous,people work hard to keep the place clean, there is LOTS of attractions during the day.The food was GREAT too!! Lots of choice and Wayne's Boots restaurant is #1 definitely, !! I traveled with my little girl which was 4years old,and my friend,My little girl wouldn't go to the pirates ship island cause the water was FREEZING!!! The ocean beach and the water was like HEAVEN!! The beach is brand new and the ocean was so warm!! The room were perfect,Yes i saw what people are talking about, "oh there is rust" but HEY its not a 2010 HOTEL, who cares about rust right?? who cares if the floor is a little dirty?? u supposed to be there on HOLIDAYS!! not complaining about everything else!! The buffet was HUGE and lots of choice....My little girl loved all the workers, they are always smiling and THEY HAVE THE BEST COFFEE" IN YOUR ROOM" !!! Their DAIQUIRIS were fantastic and their chicken wings ROCKS!!! we took the bus shopping, there is a WalMart but most of them don't even speak English AT ALL!!I got a massage from Yessica, wow!! that WAS awesome!!!We went on the Catamaran, which was the best day of our trip!!! and we also went swimming with the dolphins, what a precious time:) I give the HOTEL a 4+ star, and i would DEFINITELY go again .I fell safe there,PERFECT HOLIDAY FOR FAMILY WITH KIDS♥

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
4  Thank iz_zWinnipeg
Reviewed 28 April 2010

We got there Monday at noon where we were greeted by staff members with 2 Champane glasses and directed to reception were GASTON infomed us what we needed to know. He was awsome not only that day but every time we needed something he was there for us with a smile and he always called us by our names Very Impresive !!!THANK YOU GASTON!!!
I was worried about some of the reveiws I read BUT NOTHING TO WORRIE ABOUT STAFF WILL DO ANYTHING TO PLEASE YOU!!! About lights not working in the bathroom NOT SO you have to insert your room card by the bathroom wall in order to be able to turn them on.
I was able to get chairs 7 day out of 7 and had reservations in all the resturants HAD A GREAT TIME IN ALL OF THEM... Lunch in the Palapa THANK YOU!!!!! REMIGIO he is a sweet polite kind and helpfull person He deserves to be a waiter in one of the restaurants. Moises thank you you were great too.
Kids Club
There should be one for children 4 to 6 since these kids are a little imature and there is a big gap with the other kids however they were GREAT .. It brougt me to tears when I went to pick up my 4 year old boy at night and GORGE had him in his arms because he was asleep .I had noticed how sweet Gorge was with the children but never thought that someone would take care of my son in such a maternal way THANK YOU GORGE!!!!!!
Baby Paradise!!!!!!!
WOW!!!!!! GELY DULCE AND VIRI I COULD GO ON ALL NIGHT JUST TALKING ABOUT HOW AWSOME GREAT LOVING THESE 3 GIRLS ARE....If you need to leave you kids there Trust me THEY ARE THE BEST.
Thank you Edgar and Luis from the Bar.
Thank you Jesus for always coming up with something new to make us laugh....
THANK YOU!!!!
BEST TIME EVER!!!

3  Thank CARI69
Reviewed 28 April 2010

I am a single mother and I came to the Crown Paradise with my 10 year old daughter. I chose this place because of the family feel and atmosphere it appeared to have, as well as the affordability factor. I have good things to say and a few little constructive criticism comments.

checking in: HORRIBLE. Upon check in, you are brought to a weird, dingy dark room and my heart started to sink. I was greeted by a very nice lady who welcomed us. We get to this big room and I thought maybe this whole thing was a mistake. Maybe we should have gone to Niagara Falls! I was scared and I immediately started to think up lies/excuses I could make up to tell my travel insurance company, so they would get me home sooner. Silly I know!! I looked at my daughter and I said: I'm so sorry. And she said: it's ok mom, it looks like a nice place. (I thought: shes just saying that to make me feel better).

Anyway, I booked my room back in January. I called a couple times to confirm my hotel reservation but I could never get thru to their reservations dept. But I did receive like 3 emails confirming my reservation and welcoming me. So I thought were all set.....right? WRONG.

I get down there with my daughter and Pedro at check in says that my debit card won't work. HuH?? Ok try it again. He did and their stupid machines don't take debit cards even tho I have the MasterCard logo. TALK ABOUT YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE COMING TRUE. So PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FOR YOUR FAMILIES SAKE - EITHER BRING CASH OR A REAL CREDIT CARD, NOT A DEBIT CARD!!!! I talked to others and they said they had the same issue. How did I remedy the problem?? I had to use their ATM machine conveniently located in the lobby and take out chunks of pesos every day. It all worked out, but we were so scared and my daughter cried after their desk machines didn't take my debit card. (This is not my fault I informed my bank I would be in Mexico before I left). There is something wrong with their billing machines. Next time I go to Mexico I'm just going to bring the cash and carry it in my purse. Not very safe for a single mother to do, but obviously it's the most
convenient......

I was so stressed out after the debit card/check in fiasco, that I went to the bar and ordered a drink to cool my raging nerves. I was on the brink of tears. I get the drink and there is a chunk of brown in the ice. Maybe it was a small stone or rock?? I don't know, but I threw the drink out and I took that as a sign of bad luck at the time.....

OK so we check in- which didn't happen until 5 PM and even tho I requested an upper floor back in January, guess what I got?? ROOM 2001 which is the first floor and NO OCEAN VIEW, IT HAS A VIEW OF THE BACK OF THE RESTAURANT. The room was awful. Why do they even rent this room?? It should be rented out as the economy room only. Obviosly everyone is going to be pissed off if they are put in that room. I wonder if they care. Smelled like mold and the tub was clogged up. I thought it was ironic that this room was "2001"....a crappy room for a crappy year! (I know I'm weird but my daughter said the same thing.)

Anyway, I called and requested another room, WHICH I GOT. BUT I had to do the entire check in process all over again, pack my suitcases, bring it to the lobby, stand in line, wait until bell boy brings my suitcases back to the new room. Crazy! Our new room was on the 7th floor, much nicer. But the bathroom lights didn't work! Try taking a shower in the dark, that's what we had to do. But in all fairness, I didn't complain because I figured nothing was ever going to be perfect. I'm in Mexico and you must take it as it is! I'm not paying allot of money to stay here, it would have been nice to have bathroom lights but I decided to just accept it AND NOT be a pre-Madonna.

I did take photos of room 2001, but since they moved me the next day it's irrelevant to post them. I'm not mad about it anymore because in the end the pluses outweighed the negatives on our vacation....

Grounds are absolutely gorgeous, very manicured and the workers there are extremely hard working. I'm talking about the bell boy, bartenders, housekeepers, clerks, etc. I think the check-in issue is above and beyond the workers hands. It's at an executive/management level, if you know what I mean.

Cleanliness: very clean place! Immaculate. People always cleaning, painting, sweeping, etc. There was a slight moldy smell in my room on the 7th floor -it smells a little like stinky feet but that is nature, your right on the ocean. It's to be expected. It didn't bother me too much.

Kids club: AMAZING. Probably the best thing about the entire hotel! My 10 year old daughter felt like the people who worked there were her friends. She felt bonded to them. For 2 days she went to the kids club and on the 3rd day I told her no kids club, it's time to do something else. And she complained and wanted to go back to the kids club!! I said lets go to Xel-Ha (the park) and she said: no! I want to hang out in the kids club!

She participated in shows. On Earth Day they did a show and had the kids sing "we are the World" and this is so embarrassing to admit but I was so moved by the show it brought tears to my eyes! They had other shows and these people have raw talent, like an off Broadway play.

Buffet: was really good. I didn't get sick of it at all. I did not find it repetitive, and I was there for 10 days. I will say tho, that it's like cafeteria food, but really good cafeteria food with ALLOT of variety. Cheeseburgers, Sandwiches, lots of hot foods and fresh fruits, and different juices as well as sodas. Nothing fancy, no caviar or fillet Mignon. Just good casual food that the whole family will enjoy. It was easy and carefree.I have never tasted tuna so delicious in my life! And they have amazing deserts. If your on a diet, forget the diet. There is so much temptation here with those sweets!!

Fishermans Restaurant: Very good shrimp, small portions but I guess you can order 2 dinners if you wanted, ha ha! The waiters there are all in pissy moods, I have no idea why. They look at you like they hate you!! In the main buffet, they all greet you with warm smiles and hellos. But in this place they were all angry looking, weird. I did leave an American tip, because I figured maybe they look so angry because the cheapskates don't leave tips?? I don't know. Plus they played some corny music on the radio, like Kenny G and Michael Bolton circa 1990. I guess some older people like that stuff. I couldn't help but giggle at the corny music.

Wayne's Boots: it's ok. Smaller portions but adequate. It was nice to sit down and get served. Chicken was yummy and so were the veggies. Nothing fancy. My daughter ordered ribs and that was a decent portion. Mechanical Bull wasn't working. Nice enough waiter, but again I got a cold/distant vibe from him. Odd, but not a big deal. After this I didn't bother making anymore reservations.

Bus: will pick you up right outside your hotel. It's 15 pesos for 2 people. Or .75 cents a head. Bus goes up and down the hotel strip and downtown. When you get on the bus you tell the driver where your going. Because if it's right before his break he might not take you where you want to go. Just communicate with him before you get on. Common sense. I guess I didn't communicate clearly with the bus driver once and he dropped me off only halfway to my destination because his shift ended. So I had to catch another bus and pay. Always double check!

Beach and pools: None of the pools are heated yet they are very warm. If they were heated that would be overkill and pointless. Beach is so gorgeous but ocean is VERY rough for swimming. Ocean water is so warm like a lukewarm bath tub. The adult pool is ok but loud with obnoxious, drunk, classless people who think their cool because they are 40 and drunk. I don't get people who are 40 and still think it's a cool thing to be drunk. Your not 17 people, it's not cute or shocking anymore. Act your age not your shoe size. The adult pool stinks like poo because it's right next to the sewage plant. The hot tub there is cold. There is no hot tub. It's a shallow basin being warmed up by the sun.

Atmosphere: very fun, casual, laid back yet bustling. A man sings every night and that creates a fun mood. He's a handsome, Mexican man and a good singer, in my opinion. People are dancing and happy. Most of the people at this hotel are American, British or Canadian with a few Latino families. The Mexican people in general are very passive, respectful and kind. I felt safe here.

Drinking water: I was so paranoid of the water at first. My daughter and I have allergies and we tend to get sick easily here in the sterile United States. So I thought for sure we would get sick in Mexico. Here at home I only drink bottled or purified water, no tap water for me in America. I am really anal about my water. Ironically, I never got sick in Mexico and heres the kicker -I DID drink the water from TAP in my room!! For days I would go down and purchase bottled water from the gift shop. But just so you know, all the bar/buffet/restaurant water and drinks and ice are all made from BOTTLED WATER. I saw it with my own eyes. Around 1 a.m I saw the bartenders fill the juice/water dispensers with GIGANTIC blue jugs of bottled water, preparing for the next day. I felt better after that. They truly don't want their visitors to get sick. Save your money, THE BAR WATER IS BOTTLED WATER. It's safe. If you get a stomach ache, it's most likely from the
grease in the foods.

ATM: if you want AMERICAN FUNDS, go to Aquaworld. It is the only ATM I saw that dispenses American dollars.

Rooms: my room on the 7th floor was nothing fancy. Nor was it perfect. But it was sterile and clean and that's what I paid for, that's all I wanted. If a light is broken, so be it. Reality check, your in Mexico. This is not a rich country, beautiful yes, but poor. Rooms are like a very clean, sterile, basic motel 6 room. Flat screen TV and nice balcony. Marble floors. Clean linen but the pillows were too high. If your an insomniac like me, bring your own pillow. The bed itself was fine to me.

Timeshare: yes there are timeshare people everywhere in Mexico. Some guy called me up and said he needed to meet me in the lobby to give me a return voucher for my taxi. Well to make a long story short, they are timeshare people. They will say anything to get your attention. It's kind of funny. I probably would have met him if I wasn't so tired.

Also, VERY IMPORTANT: when you are at the airport, after customs, after luggage pick-up but right before you leave....there are men there who MAKE YOU believe you MUST stop and pick up your "welcome package." They cross their arms military like, and have a strong tone to their voice. Their name tag says "security" or something official sounding. They say: you cannot leave ma'am. Before exiting the airport you MUST pick up your welcome package to Mexico. I'm thinking it's a brochure telling me what to do if I'm kidnapped, or raped, stuck in a hurricane, etc....

Well it's a high pressure sales thing. I asked the man point blank, is this a timeshare thing? I explained that I'm here alone with a child, and I can't go to any meetings. And he pulled out a brochure that said "this presentation is a not a timeshare"....he told me that if I went to look at some hotel he would give me a dolphin swim for $40. So I asked "if this isn't a timeshare, what is it for??" And he said it is an advertisement for a brand new hotel, and they simply just want to show it to me because if I like the place enough, I will want to book a room next time I'm in Mexico or tell my friends how nice it is. Logistical, it made sense at the time.

Like a dummy I believed him and gave the $40. Well 3 days later the bus picks us up and we go to a private condo and it's a timeshare. I think, we will just have to sit thru it and get the dolphin swim. But guess what?? They don't take debit cards, they need a REGULAR credit card. For what, I don't know. For some reason, debit cards are not very popular at hotels in Mexico. So they returned my $40 and sent me on my way. As I'm sitting in the return bus there were 2 other women there who said the same thing. They were sent away because all they had were debit cards. Lies lies lies. Beware of the timeshare liars at the airports. I understand we all need to make a living somehow, some way, but to lie to people and waste their time on vacation is just not right. You don't need to stop and get a welcome package at the airport. Don't let anyone fool you.

Summary: Ok so the first 2 days I was not happy with all the issues I had checking-in. But on the 3rd day my attitude changed dramatically and I started to love where I was and relax. Once your checked in and un-packed, that's when you will start to feel better. Little things didn't bother me anymore. It is a nice hotel, if you really look you will see a patch that needs to be painted but nothing major. Would I recommend the place? I think I would, to the budget traveler with a tighter budget. We had a nice trip but remember it's not the Ritz Carleton. Would I go back? Maybe, now that I know what to expect it won't pinch as much the second time around. I would be more prepared for hurdles. I paid a little less for this place, but I had more money to do outside activities. Being a single mother, I need to stretch that dollar. All in all, I got my moneys worth. And you will too, after your stress levels go down.

2  Thank cutedogsNY
Reviewed 27 April 2010

After reading many reviews we almost switched hotels.... thank goodness we did not.
Before I got there I was ready to battle people over chairs, fight off invading homeless mexicans, get smashed by crashing waves, eat spoiled food, sweat in my hotel room, and have a horrid time.
I have come to the conclusion that the people who wrote all of those negative reviews are the same type of people who complain to the staff at Tim Hortons that their coffee is too hot. My wife and kids 5 and 8 had a fantastic time.

Here is good advise... relax bring $50 in one dollar bills..and you will have a great time.

Chairs: I was so freaked out that I brought bag chairs from home.... that was fun getting though the airport. There are many chairs at the resort. The hotel was full and if you got down to the pool by 8 am you had no problem. Here is a tip:if you sleep in there are tons of chairs by the waterslides. The staff will move it for you. Tip them 1 dollar.

Food: Excellent: The buffet was good. The La Pizzaria was the best : order the beef tenderloin it was excellent. Waynes boots: not so good.. order the fish... Email the hotel before you go and you can set up reservations for the first two nights.

Beach: Wow! The sand is white, clean and the staff is everywhere picking up cups from drunk vacationers. The water is safe and you can find the best shells....huge shells My kids loved the beach.

Watersides and kids club: If you have kids this will be the reason you come here. They have chairs wit shade by the watersides we drank a Miami Vice (try it) while our kids went up and down 200 times. The zip line and rock wall were safe and supervised by trained staff. The kids paradise is just that. You sign then in and the lifeguard and staff keep them entertained... they have a mini basketbal court that is real cute. The waterslide and castle are clean and our kids loved them. We stood right by the wall and watched them have a ball.

Rooms: We have the basic room and it was small but clean. We have a view of the deserted hotel next door but it did not bother us because the ocean view was excellent. We were on the 3rd floor, there was no noise and the air worked great. We left the maid 5 bucks a day and our room was a work of art when we came back.

Highlights: Yes I was a big fan of the Corona tap in the buffet. They had light and drark beer any time the buffet was open.... just pour into your mug:)

The shows were ok.... Michael Jackson was the best... but our kids liked most of them

Staff: they made the trip. They were always willing to help and make sure you had a good vacation and yes tipping a buck here and there does help.... don't be a tight wad...your on vacation.

Nightlife: None... take a bus to the party zone it is 5 min away... it costs one dollar and is very safe... enjoy the entertainment on the bus.

In closing this hotel was a great value and an excellent safe place to take a family. We will be back next year.

5  Thank buffalosoldier41