9,956 results
All reviews wayne's boots adult pool los gallos kids paradise la piazza mechanical bull trafalgar bar french restaurant main pool new tower covered pool steak bunk beds zip line games room family resort chicken wings
Reviewed 29 June 2003

We just returned on 6/28 from a week stay with 3 kids (1,3 and 6). The 6 year old loved kids camp and was looking forward to going back at various times of the day. The water park was great for the 3 year old but she would not attend baby club. If you are traveling with small children, I would recommend the new tower or possibly one of the family suites. We had a suite but it was close to one of the clubs and could get noisy late at night. The only hard part of the trip was entertaining the younger children when it was raining. We had no problems with the water or food. All in all we had an enjoyable time.

6  Thank Culture10539
Reviewed 27 June 2003

We just returned 5 days ago from the CPC and had one of our best vacations ever. We took our daughters, ages 13 & 11 and they loved it.
There is something for every age to enjoy! The rooms were average, but we were only in to sleep and shower! The pools were great...plenty of chairs, bars & grills at each. The restaurants were excellent; we managed to get to the Mexican, Italian, Japanese and the adults only("Fifties") restaurants and had great dinners at each of them. We had breakfast each morning at the buffet, which is open all day from 7am. The service at all of these places was exceptional and the staff in the entire hotel was more than friendly and courtious. The 1rst room we had was directly over one of their nightclubs and we didn't sleep because of the loud music, but the next day we were packed up and moved within a half hour without any problem. Just a little traveling advice...we were warned about the time share sellers and thought we were prepared,but as soon as you enter the Cancun airport, there is a large round desk right in the center of the floor with"official-looking" men,(who are trained to spot your luggage tags and call out the name of your travel company as if they are there to assist you)and they are only time share salesmen!!!!!!!! Walk right past them!!!!!!!Also, when you check in, there are representatives from each travel company(Go-Go, Olympus, Apple) to meet with to guide you and book any tours you may want and they will suggest that you meet someone from the hotel for breakfast the next morning for a tour of the hotel and believe it or not, that ends up (after at least an hour) to be a time share pitch! Next time we will be wiser, but we will definately go back to the Crown Paradise!!!!!

10  Thank Roving37681
Reviewed 25 June 2003

ok i dunno what everybody is complaining about because this is the best trip i have ever been on and it is because of the hotel cpc!! The hotel was the reason it was so fun. I just got back from the trip sunday 6-22-03, we stayed a week and i was not ready to come back at all. Next summer I'm making sure we stay 2 weeks or 10 days it was just so fun. If i had a choice i would live there. The food was great, the staff was awesome they kept you busy all the time and there was always something for you to do no matter how old you are. They have tequilla volleyball for adults (that's the best part) and water aerobics, the fun just never stops. The best part tho is it's all inclusive no worrying about carrying money with you, you can grab food form wherever you want and drink all you want and there's no worrying about leaving tips. If you are planning on going to cancun this is the place to stay you wont regret it. This place was recommended to me and I had a blast!!! oo yea and by the way the walls arent like paper I didn't hear anything form the hallways or other rooms and the food is GREAT!!

8  Thank LoveTravel6188
Reviewed 20 June 2003

When arriving in Cancun, after you get your luggage, SKIP the information desk at the airport. Proceed around that area and go to the green light, red light area of the aiport where you turn in your smaller declaration form. Carry your own luggage unless you want to tip the porters that are wiling to help you. Short bus ride to the resort-get ready to enjoy! If you really want the newer towers, REQUEST-demand, be very persistent before checking in! Upon arriving at the CPC at noon on June 11, we couldn't get into our room so we headed to the large activity pool. We were traveling as 2 adults, 2 kids ages 10 and 12. It is a very lively pool, actually the entire resort is, and they try to get many people involved in the pool side sports. Stay away from the front chairs or the main pool if you don't want to be asked to be involved in the daily aqua aerobics, water volleyball, belly flop contest, kids water sports, water polo etc. Music was playing most of the day, was ok if it's your thing but expect it! We ate in all of the restaurants except for Fifties since it is adult only and requires long pants for men which are a NO for me on vacation! My family enjoyed Wayne's Boots the best, very casual and comfortable for kids. The Fisherman was my favorite but was a bit fancier and required kids to act appropriate which can be hard for kids just wanting to relax! Los Gallos and La Piazza were not our type of places - food just was ok in our opinion but we are glad we tried them at least. We did make our reservations for each restaurant at about 9 a.m. each day so we could get the 6:00 seating. One night we didnt get in until 8:00 since I was late calling to get the rez. Tip: If you get voice mail when calling for your rez, hang up and call again. We left messages requesting our seating time but never heard back. When checking later, I was told that I had to talk to someone to confirm the dinner rez. The beach and pool are wonderful. The smaller pool (not the activity pool) had very warm water-not as quite comfortable temp as the busy activity pool. The ocean waves are great, we all had fun jumping in them! We stayed in the old tower - the one closest to the lobby, lobby bar, above Trafalgar bar and the arcade. Was an ok room. We were on the 6th floor-total of 7 floors. Was loud at night-you can hear the whistle as they bop people doing shots of tequila?? at the bar at night. The beds in our room were hard as ROCKS! CPC needs to update them in the worst way! We looked at the 2 room suites when we checked in but they were $30 more per nite and on the first floor only and we prefered the higher up view. We weren't in the room much so we were glad we didnt upgrade. We tried 4 times to at least see a room in the new tower to compare but never were successful- I wonder if a tip would have gotten us in there but it's ok that we didn't since talking to some that were in the adult suites in the new side, they said there beds were rock hard as well! Drinks were good, try the Blue Lagoon or a Rainbow at any bar. Fernando at the pool side bar by the snak hut was nice and kept happy hour going all day! I took my 10 year old to adult and kid time at the Kids Club one day. She tried the water slides and had a good time for the hour we were there but it seemed mostly 4 to 8 year olds in the club and she never wanted to go back. Our kids at ages 10 and 12 could get around the resort and get a snak, drink, visit the arcade or buffet with no problem and felt safe. The adult pool on the first floor was topless if women so desired. Kids have a good view of the topless action depending on your room location. Our kids couldn't 'help' but noticing the ladies as we passed by on the way to our room, so be prepared if this is a concern to you. Also, beach is topless and at least one lady chose to be topless at the family acitivty pool. Be prepared in case you haven't traveled out of the States and been exposed to this. Bus was very easy to get around in Cancun. 60 pesos per person each way or .60 cents.
Peso was about 10 to 1 American dollar. Hotel exchange is slightly lower -higher exhange rates in town. We did one activity-the Jungle Tour and snorkeling. Cost $65 for one adult, one child. Was ok, fun boat ride out, not extremely good snorkeling if you've ever been before but a nice trip anyway. We would definitely go back to the CPC. As soon as you get there, take your family on your own tour of the resort. The tour guide operator informed us the time share sharks were everywhere but we didnt encounter anyone until our next to last day there! I think a key is to walk as if you know where you are headed and they leave you alone! We have stayed at similar all inclusive clubs in Jamaica but the CPC and Cancun in general are VERT tourist oriented and we felt very safe heading to town, riding buses, or anywhere on the resort! I would only suggest this resort to families or anyone wanting to be around families. If you are couples traveling with no children, I would stay somewhere else as this resort caters very well to families! If we were travelign w/out the kids, we would stay at a more adult oriented resort. We had a great time, were sad to leave except ready to sleep in comfy beds at home. We would love to go back to CPC. Please write if you have any questions I could try to answer!

22  Thank newbyatthebeach
Reviewed 17 June 2003

We just returned from the Crown Paradise on the 15th of June after staying 6 nights. The hotel was great for the most part. We liked the buffet and Wayne's Boots. We didn't like Los Gallos (the Mexican restaurant) and we didn't try any of the others. The only problem we had was at the buffet when we went to get cheese turnovers that are made fresh for you, the man would not make me and my son any. After 15 minutes of waiting and as he was making other things for other people that came after we did, we finally just walked away. We stayed with our 4 children (ages 8, 7, 3, and 2). My 2 older children loved the kids club. But your children may want to wear water shoes in the pool because one of my children had cuts on the bottom of his toes from walking in the pool. My younger two children only stayed in the baby club for one morning while we were snorkeling. They seemed to be treated ok, but some kids at that age just don't like to be left with strangers. Also if you plan to leave your children in the babies club while you leave the hotel, leave them one day for a few hours while you are at the hotel, because for the first time they want you to check in every hour to make sure that they are doing OK and aren't crying uncontrollably. I didn't have any problems with the baby club. Don't go over to the information desks at the airport in Cancun. They try to sign you up for a timeshare tour, promising you free tickets to local attractions. We signed up and gave a $25.00 deposit and was promised that the deposit would be returned when we were picked up at our hotel. We waited out front at our appointed time but the man never showed up. The Crown Paradise took us on a tour of their hotel trying to sell us on timeshare there. We didn't buy but they returned our 25.00 in gift certificates for the hotel that we lost at the airport. The buffet was very good and with small children it was easy to eat there than at the restaurants. Some of the locals on the city buses are very rude. You can ride on the bus for it. We also did the sub sea explorer which is kind of like a submarine with windows to see outside in the water. I thought it was OK but my children really liked it. I would have liked to go to Chichen Itza to see the Mayan ruins but we found it was 2 1/2 hour ride one way and decided with the small children it was too long of a ride. We do not drink alcohol, so I don't know about the drinks. We ate anything we wanted, used the ice in our drinks and didn't get sick. But we did brush our teeth with bottled water. When we first arrived they had us booked in 2 rooms in the old tower with just 1 king bed in each room. We were supposed to have 2 rooms with 2 double beds in each room. After refusing to take these two rooms, we were given 2 rooms with 2 double beds in each room (adjoining) in the new tower. It was very quiet and the rooms were quite a bit nicer than in the old tower. If you plan on going to the Mexican market (beware) they are very pushy. If you ask the price of something they keep trying to get you to buy it. ( or they don't have the correct change to give you back, so you end up paying more for it). You can go to the Kulkulan Plaza, which is a mall, and get the same items for the same price or cheaper and the mall is air conditioned. The beach is wonderful. The waves hit pretty hard so if you have young children you should watch them closely. The sand is very fine and sticks to you and is hard to get off (especially in your hair) Also if you take a taxi from the airport, when you go out the door there are men there that take your luggage on a cart. I assumed he was from the taxi service that I had purchased and he took our bags. When we got to the taxi, he expected a tip and wasn't too proud to ask for it. He told me that a dollar wasn't enought. He had done less than 5 minutes work. Next time I will carry my own bags for no further than it was. I did tip at the Wayne's Boots restaurant. The waitress was very nice and very good. I also tipped the maid at the end of the week. We paid $36.00 for a taxi uld be cheaper from the hotel to the airport. But we had to pay $40 dollars from the hotel to the airport. Using pesos was very confusing. Overall, the hotel and trip was very nice and would like to go back to the Crown Paradise again.

6  Thank Global25310