1,599 results
All reviews hotel zone murphy bed in the living room great beach full kitchen through rci breakfast buffet timeshare pitch outdoor restaurant convenience store bit dated bus stop cleaned daily beach bar tennis courts spent a week ocean view mexican food
Reviewed 21 November 2012

We flew in to Cancun around 11am, walked right past all the time share people to the outside and looked for our name, we prearranged transportation to and from airport to Casa Maya for private car for $50. Saw him with a sign and walked over and showed him our papers, he called for car and it was there in a couple of minutes. It only took about 20 minutes and we were pulling up. We went to front desk and register and were told it would be a little while. Timeshare salesman came over and bought up a drink and told us we would get free breakfast the next morning before the tour at 9am, we agreed and he went and came back with our room keys to 2815, nice room on the 8th floor, oceanview, one bedroom suite. No problems with anything after that. We then caught bus to Walmart for some supplies, only 8.5 pecos which is less than .65, make sure and use pecos because they wouldnt give you any change for a dollar. We use bus alot but alway tell the driver where you want off at and then watch also, sometimes they forget.
Timeshare only took a little over a hour and we told them no and they were ok, not that bad compared to some we have been on. They also gave us $50 to use at motel. We ate breakfast and diner a couple of nights, very good wood oven pizza. Very good time here, they treated us good.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
9  Thank dallas52
Reviewed 19 November 2012

We spent 8 days at Casa Maya and we loved our time here. We decided to take the local bus for all of our trips around Cancun. At $1.00 (USD) per trip we saved a lot of money and met all of the local people who are the nicest and happiest people. We took a trip for groceries to WalMart to cook our own foods when we wanted. Best thing we did. The butter, cheese and milk left something to be desired. However, the food at the restaurant on site was very good. A nice relaxing bar in the lobby and the beach right outside the door. The staff were friendly and helpful. Loved our Maid, Ana Maria. The maintenance man was there in minutes since we did have a few problems with our door locks. The beds a bit hard but we asked for mattress toppers and they were in place and beds turned down when we returned from dinner. There was a Murphy bed in the living room as well. Clean rooms were a plus for us. The balcony overlooked the Beautiful waters and we would sit and watch the catamaran's and other boats go by. Our trip to Isla Mujeres on a catamaran was the best ever! The only scary thing for me were the Iguana's. Cute, but I don't do reptiles.....lol. Then the lagoon side has crocodiles and that scared me a bit in walking near the sidewalk. But never saw one, thank goodness. If you crave the BEST food in town. Go to Salvio's in the Hotel Zone. This is the BEST Italian/Seafood Restaurant in the WORLD! The owner came out and gave us four different varities of homemade pasta to take home. We Loved our Trip to Cancun and we very pleased with Everything that this Hotel had too offer. Book the shuttle to/from the Airport for around $72 USD for two (RT) Timely and comfortable. I didn't appreciate the Time Share people rushing me at the Airport nor the Hotel and I just simply let them know and never had a problem from then on.

Room Tip: We stayed in Room #1507. Lovely view of the Ocean. Only draw back was the constant noise of some sort of generator running loudly all of the time. Couldn't hear it when doors are closed but if you wanted to sit on the Balcony, the noise drowned out the sound of the Ocean.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank OrchardOrchid
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This was my first trip to Cancun and I was not disappointed. The hotel was conveniently located and prior to the madness of the Hotel strips. Busses were just out side the hotel and are the best and cheapest way to travel, only a $1.00 USD to about any place you wanted to shop or see.
The Hotel Casa Maya had pleasant staff that were attentive and eager to please. The suite, on the fifth floor, was located on the south end of the hotel with a great view of the beaches and water however there was a constant wine of a mechanical device the entire time.
The rooms were clean and well appointed. We had a little problem with the door locking and two burners on the stove which did work but a call to the maintenance crew had the problem fixed within minutes.
Beds were a little hard but a mattress pad fixed the issue and we slept well for the entire trip. Three pools, immediate access to white sandy beaches, bar and snacks were readily available.
I was not happy with the food in genera, and what's with that stuff they call butter, however found a restaurant that was to die for SAVIO’s, Italian/sea food, was probably the best I have eaten, including in the US, for some time.

Room Tip: Far South end is not so quiet and anything above the forth floor offers a greeat view.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank scottwo
Reviewed 8 November 2012

I hope this information will be helpful! I stood at Casa maya for 5 daiys in Cancun in October of this year and let me start off by saying that the outside pool and beach area is really nice and relaxing! however, the outside hotel need a few repairs such as plant stains on the walls!

Inside of casa maya it's nice and comfortable, we had two bedrooms with a kitchen and two bathrooms however, we also had neighbors that we didnt request during our trip like roaches in both bathrooms! the hotel rooms smell old as if it hasn't been used a really long time! to top if off above us they were doing construction in the rooms so they kept us up late into the night and had us up very early in the morning! we made two complaints and they were veryy short with us and not accomodating at all! the front desk to me wasnt too helpful with anything, nor did they provide great customer service! I wouldnt recommend anyone to staiy here unless you don't have a choice! the view of the beach was very nice but again really couldn't enjoy too much due to all the noise above us!!!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
9  Thank kristyle o
Reviewed 4 November 2012

This will be my 3rd time @ The Casa Maya. I went rather reluctently on my 1st trip and ended up buying an Elite membership because we were so thrilled with the service and facilities. Sure there are nicer places, but the beach is why you are there. It is a very family friendly place and very close to downtown, if you want the night life. I have stayed at other resorts in Cancun, but the beaches are not in the same league as Casa Maya! This is definately a diamond in the rough. The facilities are all well maintained, the staff treats you like you are royalty. If you want all of the upgrades get an elite room. I have gone every year with my family during spring break and never had any issues.

Room Tip: Get a room in the 2nd tower.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family