Casa Maya Cancun
US$539
US$579
US$442
Great 4.5/5
Le Blanc Spa Resort(Cancun)
US$886
Orbitz.com
US$179
US$123
1,510 results
All reviewshotel zonerecommend casamurphy bedgreat beachone bedroom unitliving roomfull kitchenthrough rcibreakfast buffettimeshare pitchan older hoteloutdoor restaurantconvenience storebit datedbus stoptennis courtscleaned daily
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2012

We have been coming to Casa Maya for 5 years. Truly our only complaint is the Internet service. It is like intermittent dial-up. Since our work requires checking in occasionally - this makes it difficult.
Other wise, the hotel is clean clean clean (I wish our house cleaning service spent as much time on a weekly basis as these folks do on a daily basis.) A++
The beach is nice - we mostly like to walk so we bring shirts and shoes and make our way over the bridge and can walk 5 or 6 miles -
The bike path is great for running - even tracking your distances. The Bike/Kayak Rental spot was open this year - across from Temptation. The bikes need Upgrading but Ricardo is a great host - we took a kayak tour through the lagoons. Our "outside" highlight of the week.
The hotel food is good - only the morning juice is speacial BUT the wait staff are friendly and when it is warm enough to be outside - it is excellent.
We love the Italian restaurant, The Dolce Pa.. next door. Great folks and great atmosphere.
So will keep going back - and keep hoping for better Internet service.
We definetly recommend for quiet - for couples - not for nighlife (good for us!)

Room Tip: I have been happy with all of my rooms (other than Internet on the 5th floor)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank dsch
Reviewed 20 February 2012

I traded my timeshare to take my wife, mother, and mother-in-law on a weeks vacation at Casa Maya. I originally booked two separate junior suites. I got a call two days before our flight from Mireya, who confirmed our reservations and suggested we book our transportation from and to the airport, which I did. The $70 US round trip for 4 people and 8 bags turned out to be a very good deal, as I was quoted $105 for a van one way from the airport upon our arrival.
The resort consists of 3 main buildings, two high rise hotel buildings and a spa/fitness center. There are 3 heated pools, including a kiddie pool, and 3 hot tubs, all overlooking one of the best beaches I've seen in Cancun. a wide stretch of soft, groomed sand slopes gently down to clear green water, with plenty of lounge chairs under palappas... heavenly.
Upon check-in, Mireya met us, and we were comped a bar drink and given the option to upgrade to an executive suite if we would take the obligatory timeshare tour. Though I was against it, my traveling companions insisted, and as the saying goes, if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Our suite was two separate bedrooms connected by an open plan full kitchen/dining area/den. Both bedrooms (One with a king, the other with 2 queens) and the main room had balconies with steps leading down to the grounds, big enough to sit and drink your morning coffee, or your evening libation. Both bedrooms also had nice large full baths. The beds were more than acceptable, the TV's were flatscreens, and everything was very clean.
The timeshare tour was what you'd expect, and we were soon free to enjoy a break from the land of the wind chill factor. We spent the rest of the week swimming, walking the beach, eating ourselves into mini comas, and, of course (3 women, remember?) shopping.
I'll wrap this up with a quick rundown of the highlights and nitpicks;
Maid service/employees: excellent!
Restaurants: Las Brisas (on the hotel grounds) average food, but the brick oven pizzas were excellent. The italian restaurant next door has decent offerings.
Shopping: for staples and foodstuffs, you can't beat Wal-mart, though Superama has better pastries. Mercado 28 has all the turista chachkies you'll ever need. Playa Caracol would be a good way to spend a shopping day, start by going through the mall, then walk around the adjacent area. Plenty of shopping, and you can take a siesta at Casa Tequila nearby.
Activities: If you like to drink, take a sunset pirate cruise on one of the boats moored next to the hotel. Otherwise, take a day trip to Xel-ha, Excaret, or take the ferry to Isla Mujeres
Minor nitpicks: Except for the aforementioned italian restaurant, you'll need transportation for any off resort activities. The buses run 8.5 pesos, but taxis are $10-20US. Most of the guests are older married/retired, so this would not be my choice for spring break, or a party animal. Kids, and their associated activities, were few and far between. For us, this was a good thing, for others, maybe not so much.
In summary, I was happy to be there, sorry to have to leave, and I'd go back in a heartbeat if I could.

Room Tip: Take the timeshare tour for the room upgrade.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Bigfish2
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Overlooking a very nice beach is a dilapidated hotel with very poor service,lack of internet facilities and restaurant food to be avoided at any cost.The only good souvenir,a short old waiter at the breakfast room,always helpful though with a severe leg handicap!

Room Tip: Try the ones with a sea view...Or,even better,try another hotel!
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2012

We were happy with the size and cleanliness of the timeshare suite. Beach and pool areas were nice. Good restaurants. Two on-site convenience stores. Easy access to the buses that run everywhere. Be sure to check out the Seahorse cafe - a small mexican restaurant and sports bar near the Riu Palace - great value and atmosphere. For a great value in sailing to Isla Mujeres, go to Sailing Cancun behind Hotel Las Perlas - the beach towel hut at Casa Maya has the flyers. This all day trip was only $45/person and included open bar, snorkeling, lunch buffet on the island, and was the best time we had all week.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ScottThomas62
Reviewed 10 February 2012

While we were at the Casa Maya for a few weeks in January and early Feb using our timeshare we heard that a couple had dropped off their clothes at the on-site laundry. Upon checking their clean clothes they found a bathing suit top, a bunch of men's underwear and a shirt were missing. The laundry person said that they had never made a mistake before and the Casa Maya manager wouldn't do anything to compensate these people about their loss. I found this disturbing. The manager should have given something to this couple just to keep their good will. A free breakfast? A dinner? Some credit on their bill? This would have shown that the Casa Maya is considerate of the feelings of their timeshare owners.

Room Tip: Sign up for that darn timeshare presentation in order to get a decent room, but be prepared to waste a half a day.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple