“Family beach trip”

Omni Cancun Resort & Villas
Ranked #39 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Seriously the best!!! If I could give this hotel 10 stars..I would! The staff is always helpful and incredibly cheerful and gracious at all times. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel like kings!! We were welcomed by Rudy who answered all our questions and helped us to get settled. After that, he asked us how we were and if we needed anything every time we saw him! Our room was exceptionally clean and comfortable. The food from the several on-sight restaurants was AMAZING!!!!! Piña Colata was our favorite! Ask for Adan, He gave us the best service we have ever had!!! Every time we needed something, there he was!! He was joking with our kids and even ran over to get them some ice cream because they were out!!!! The people who work there are genuine and kind. The Michael Jackson show was mind blowing!!!! They hire incredibly talented artists for the entertainment! Lastly, I hurt myself on a seashell and the hotel medic ran right down and patched me up! Not kidding.... the best trip ever!!!! We plan on going back as soon as we can!!!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Q9733IBamberb
Write a ReviewReviews (6,272)

Reviewed 20 October 2017

For the most art I l9ve Omni. Right n9w there doing construction! And there doing it r8ght above our head. Wh3nwe ch3cked in they said it will stop at 6:00 pm. It goes on til 9:00 pm. They should not be charging people full price and we can't even sleep when we want to because of all the bang8ng and drilling over our Head! It's not like th8s 0lace is 100% occupied! They couldn't work it out were the customers are on one said and the construction on the other. Or even if they put a empty room between construction and the customer! This is ridiculous! Not sure if I van upload a video of what we have to put up with. PLEASE CALL BEFORE YOU BOOK YOUR STAY, TO SEE IF THERE STILL DOING CONSTRUCTION. don't get me wrong I have a lot of good th8ngs t9 say about Omni, but had I known about this construction I would have booked after the construction is over! And y9ur going to pay regular price and y0u can't enjoy your vacation!

Room Tip: Call to see if construction is complete!
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 October 2017

I am disappointed to report that this was my 4th visit to Omni - the same week for the last 4 years and it was a disappointment. This is a long review - so kindly bear with me. My boyfriend is a vacation club member - and as such we visit the Omni the same week each year. this is an OFF-Season visit - which suits our preference - the resort is quiet at this time of year (Oct) and while they are often doing remodeling - and have limited restaurants open - we don't mind. My previous review for the Omni was glowing - I love it - which again is why we return each year. What changed? The new management has updated many of the rooms - they are lovely - bathrooms are updated with a glass shower enclosure (no tub) - lovely wooden wardrobes. The Lobby bar has been updated - LA Vista was updated a year or so ago - and Pina Colada was updated last year. Many of the staff have been there for years - my boyfriend has been a member for over 18 years and knows many of the staff by name - they are very friendly, pleasant and helpful - SO again - what changed? Upon check in as a Vacation Club Member (VCM) - we have always had a room with a stocked bar - this time - our bar had 2 waters and 1 beer. Not the usual - bottle of tequila - Cola - water and juice boxes. We contacted the VCM concierge and were told- Nope - they never stock the fridge that way - REALLY? Ok - perhaps management changed their perk for VCM - but then 2 days later when we opened the fridge to put items we had purchased - we found- Tequila, Cola and Rum. Is there a disconnect somewhere? The Bed - was super uncomfortable - we both awoke with stiff backs - my boyfriend likes a stiff bed - but this was ridiculous. the Pillows were nice tho - Next item - we are scuba divers and we travel with our own gear - our balcony did not have any chairs on it - (only the concrete padded benches) to "hang" things and while the bathrooms are LOVELY - the lack of a hang bar or shower line - or bathtub make 'hanging" wet items a challenge - the only place to put wet things is the balcony railing. there is a note on the railing asking that people do not hang items on the railing - but we had no where else to put out wet items. We noted a number of other balconies - people had used HANGARS to hang their items from the outdoor Light fixture (not an ideal situation) We received a call from the front desk to remove our items from the balcony railing - we said we understand and would comply but we needed chairs to drape our items. We were told there were no such chairs. We asked to speak to the Manager and his recommendation (ready?) was to HANG the items in the NEW WOODEN Wardrobe closets. Yes- Hang soaking wet scuba gear (wetsuits/bathing suits/ BCD's in a WOODEN closet IN the room) that's a brilliant idea - NOT! Assuming we had a language barrier - we went to the VCM concierge and asked them to help us by bring a chair or chairs to our room for use on the balcony. The Answer - we do not have chairs. The hotel was at 40% capacity and I am including a photo of a Balcony WITH CHAIRS - so this lack of accommodation was disheartening and disappointing.
DINING options - as I noted above during off season the restaurants are limited to 2 plus the Buffett. DaVinci was open the most I have seen it open in my 4 yrs - we do not like DaVinci because of the dress code - Shorts are not permitted and no flip flops. We respect this dress code policy - but on vacation we prefer a more relaxed attire - not to mention - a pair of Chanel Shorts or Robert Graham Shorts are a tad bit more expensive than a pair of Levi's but they are not permitted. We have no issue with eating at the buffet or one of the other restaurants - but the issue arose when we went to the Concierge for a reservation at 630 at LaVista and were told the earliest reservation would be 930pm. As a former restaurant owner myself I understand the nature of the beast - it's hard to calculate how long a table will sit in order to make room for the next seating. But as a VCM - one would assume that they hold a handful of tables specifically for VCMs. this was not the case. So as we were preparing to go offsite to Harry's - enjoying a cocktail at the lobby bar with Orlando (ORLANDO is wonderful) - we decided to wait and watch ....we watched a handful of tables trickle in to La Vista at 630pm. At 7pm - there were only 8 occupied tables. We walked over to La Vista and inquired about a table and were immediately seated. When we left at 8pm - there were still 10 unoccupied tables in the restaurant. One must ask - why were we told the first available table would be 930pm? And we started to take notice of the wristbands - 95% of the guests there had a BEIGE/TAN wrist band - not a platinum or Black VCB band....we began to suspect the Omni management is looking to cater to a different level of customer base.
The Hot Tub bar is one of our favorite afternoon spots - and I must say - the staff is wonderful - but the hot tub was not hot - in fact it wasn't even warm - we were told the heater was not working - so we went to the main pool bar. The activities team at the pool bar were engaging and fun - and the staff attentive to serving drinks. But truthfully no one was paying much attention to the people in the pool who perhaps needed to be cut off from drinking. One couple was obviously intoxicated...we opted to leave the bar because of some behaviors. We returned to our room and could not help but watch the chaos unfold. A rather large couple, who had clearly been overserved, were attempting to get out of the pool. The young lady was so inebriated that should could not walk up the steps - repeatedly falling backwards into the pool, Her male companion was not in much better shape but managed to get her out of the pool - where she collapsed on a sun lounger. the Male companion attempted to get her off the chair and back to their room- the two of them Stumbling and swaying on the slick concrete walkway...the woman fell back onto another sun lounger and this time the male companion was unsuccessful in getting her up. So he left her there and went to their original spot to retrieve their personal items (flip flops/sarong/beach bag) - in the course of this 'journey" he realized he had lost his sunglasses - which were on the steps of the pool - he attempted to retrieve them- but in his impaired condition - fell into the water (dunking the aforesaid personal items into the water)( - and were in not for the hand rail he might have completely submerged. He retrieved his sunglasses but then exiting the pool - slipped on his flip flop - broke the flip flop and was stumbling to get out of the pool. a Good Samaritan stopped to help him - but his flip flop was broken. MEANWHILE the Female is still passed out on the sun lounger. Staff is walking past her and NO ONE is taking note of this woman! We could not take this anymore and we called the front desk - they assured us security would be sent out. A young security woman was sent out and she engaged the male companion in conversation - she went over to the young woman - who at this point the male companion was slapping on the leg and pushing to try to get her to get up. (you cant make this up - we should have video taped this! it would have been a hit on youtube) Anyway - the female security guard left. the woman was STILL On the sunlounger- the male companion was still stumbling around and trying to get her up. He managed to get her up and they staggered toward the ping pong table and the stairwell that leads to the condos. COncrete stairs and drunk people do not mix. thankfully she collapsed again on a sunlounger by the stairs. We called the front desk again and this time they dispatched a male security guard - he took in the situation and ran off - only to return with a wheel chair.. our view was obscured at this point so we don't know the outcome of the situation that evening. We do know that the next day this couple had NO IDEA what happened - how their cell phones got wet/damaged. So what's my point? perhaps this happens at the Omni during spring break - Id have the same issues - this is unacceptable - this is a liability issue - with all the bad press about alcohol issues in Mexico this is not an element I wish to insert myself. It appeared to us at the Omni is selling out its clientele for a "deal" - I'm our opinion it is no longer a 4 star property - In fact - we would rate this as BUDGET friendly now and likely will not return any time soon DESPITE being Vacation Club Members... one parting note - we love the staff - Orlando at the lobby bar, Jesus by the Pool bar, Escaban at the Buffett (he used to be at the Sushi bar) , Juan at the front door, the beach bar servers....they are wonderful but the overall impression of the hotel itself has taken a downward spiral and just became a TYPICAL Cancun party place.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank FireWireDiver
Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

My husband and I got married here on 1/6/17. I cannot express how incredible this resort was to us. Jesus was THE BEST. From the planning and coordinating everything so I barely lifted a finger - to actually putting everything together exactly the way we (I) wanted. It was SUCH a dream come true. And someone made certain I had a full Paloma (if you haven’t tried this you’re missing out) in my hand!!!

This supreme service didn’t stop with the bride and groom. Everyone had the best time with the free flowing tequila, light up dance floor on the sand, and the relaxed, no shoes required ceremony AND reception on the beach. In fact, my cousins loved the resort so much they are going back again in January, 2018!

The beaches were SO CLEAN, which is hard to find in Cancun with all the help that washes on shore. The food was very very good (i didn’t try the buffet, I was spoiled with dinner at the reservation-only restaurants and my wedding dinner). I was quite impressed for an all inclusive. The sushi place was ok (but I am particular about sushi living a the city with the best sushi) but the outdoor taqueria was phenomenal.

The spa was also so serene. It is detached from the resort (you just walk through the lobby and taxi drop off) so you feel like you’re going somewhere. You descend down a scented staircase to a serene atmosphere. It was such a nice getaway.

I 100% recommend this resort - you cannot best the quality at this price level. And if you are thinking about getting married in Cancun? Stop. Right. Here.

Stayed: January 2017
2  Thank Freschie
Reviewed 17 October 2017

Good food and a lot of variety pina colada has great food , the sushi bar is excellent the servers are beyond nice , their drinks are epic , overall it was an amazing experience. We had a blast and looking forward to go again.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple