38 people are viewing this hotel
Prestigia.comUS$248
Destinia.comUS$237
Traveluro
8,885 results
All reviews el mortero all inclusive package mariachi band coco bongo all inclusive plan beautiful beach during spring break hotel zone beach bar our waiter clubs velas vacation julio juan nightlife aquamarina
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 November 2020 via mobile

Don’t be fooled by the lobby and bar area.
We booked for ‘all inclusive’ but within 2 hours of checking in realised that was a big mistake. They begrudgingly changed us to ‘room only’ as our experience with both the bar and dining options were very poor.
There is only one draft beer option, if, like me, you don’t like what they have, them you either pay the up charge or you are SOL...that’s SH1t Out of Luck and not the Mexican beer !!!!
The food in the speciality dining option, Las Velas was somewhere between, awful and inedible.
We were in Tower B and there was only a single elevator working for the duration of our stay.
Beware of the hard timeshare sell on arrival with promises of tour and spa discounts, don’t be sucked in...
We paid for an executive room, which was probably last decorated sometime in the early 90’s. The only redeeming feature was that it was on the top floor with a great view. Please note elevator issues, we were there 5 days and spent what felt like a day of that waiting for lifts to arrive..
No ice machine on the ‘Exec’ floor you had to go down to floor 3 or 6..
On checkout the inevitable argument ensued, around crediting our account from all inclusive to room only.. this took about 20 mins and even then was only resolved by a manager, who was rude and surly to my wife and told us that we could only see the invoice in MX Pesos and not in USD, oddly, this wasn’t an issue when we checked in...
I would not recommend this place..unless you like, waiting for elevators, crappy food and drink, dated rooms and staff with a stroppy attitude, if you do, then ‘come on down’...

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank leecummins
Krystal Hotels, General Manager at Hotel Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 29 November 2020

Dear guest, we apologize about the issues you along your stay, we will follow up on the comments you make.

Kinds regards

Reviewed 25 November 2020

We booked our trip via Book VIP to the Krystal Resort.

Overall we enjoyed our trip but there were some notable negative experiences.

We were told we would be picked up at the airport, unfortunately there was no one there to pick us up. When you are in another country were you are not familiar with the area and language, this is extremely uncomfortable. After 3 long hours we talked another taxi driver to take us to our hotel. I'm not sure if this was Book VIP or Krystal's fault but I felt there was communication issues between the two, and I felt Kystal should have taken responsibility.

The next day we booked an excursion through Krystal to Chichen Itza. We were told to meet out in the front at 7 am to be picked up for the tour. Again, no one showed up, this was extremely frustrating! We finally got the tour arranged for another day after a great deal of confusion and unpleasant talking. When we finally got there the Myan temple was amazing.

The room was ok, the resort is older and dated, and the food marginal. The good thing about Crystal, its saving grace, is its location. Close to shopping, restaurants, and the supermarket. And the beach is amazing!

Another thing to understand there is a timeshare presentation involved. These are always longer, and more unpleasant that you think. We were told 90 minutes, after 2 hours we told them we fulfilled our obligation and were not interested and wanted to go. But, by what I can only describe as extortion, they said we had to stay even longer in the presentation or we would have to pay full price! Remember, they have your credit card! All I can say is be careful, they will do anything they can to get money out of you! They will be nice to you at first, but once they see this won't work on you they will get very aggressive and negative...I don't think I will do another timeshare presentation again. It is not worth it!

Pay the money, go to a nicer place... you go on vacation to relax and get away...not be harassed...

Date of stay: November 2020
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
3  Thank FrequentFlier570049
Reviewed 24 November 2020

I went there for a quick get away and i was impressed on how attentive the staff was. I had a poolside waitress (Grisell Ramos) help my wife and I for our pool day. She really took good care of us. keeped our margaritas, water, and food coming. she was really awesome. I think I will be back for another stay. And the beach was the best beach I have been too.

Room tip: just take a look at the room first, make sure its to your likeing
2  Thank A8581DIjoev
Reviewed 21 November 2020

The service, front desk and staff was terrible. Room smelled like mold. Every night it was so noisy that we could not sleep during the night. We called the front desk and asked the staff to take care of it, but they didn't do anything. Staff was arrogant and rude. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER book this hotel!!!

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank AlexanderTompson
Reviewed 18 November 2020

Very nice and helpful staff,arrived at 9PM and had a upgrade to a family room i think,but it was in the block near the coco bongo and other nightclubs,impossible to sleep before 04:00 AM ,asked next day for another room and they really helped with that, a very nice room overlooking the pool area and the amazing beach, so my last 4 days was great,the location of this hotel is the best near everything,i really waiting for come back when i end my vacation for my last 10 days in January,its a very strong 4 from me

Room tip: Had 1417 it was nice
2  Thank Destination A
Krystal Hotels, Director General at Hotel Krystal Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2020

Dear guest

We appreciate your kind comments

We will be honor to see you back soon at Krystal Cancún Hotels & resorts