1,463 results
All reviews entertainment staff restaurant staff isla mujeres water volleyball swim up bar great holiday cleaning staff sushi bar spring break ocean view our waiter manuel guadalupe israel alexa resort pools
Reviewed 5 October 2017

We reserved this resort for my bachelorette party and since it is all inclusive this was definitely what made us book! We stayed from Thursday to Monday. The hotel itself is not bad it is a shame that it was undergoing renovations at one of the pools we were most excited to experience (the in pool bar) so there was only one pool open during our stay. Overall the hotel is nice it has a great open lay out. The food is pretty good we personally loved the breakfast and sushi options. We definitely did not go hungry! The drinks were great as well (strong and definitely get the job done!) we brought our own personalized plastic tumblers for the bachelorette weekend and the bartenders had no issues with serving our drinks in those as opposed to serving it in the traditional cups given. Honestly what makes the hotel great is the staff everyone is sooooo friendly and eager to engage in a conversation with you, granted we all speak spanish being hispanic ourselves so having conversations were likely easier but they all spoke english so there should be no issue with a language barrier impacting their service. We had the luck of meeting EFRAIN on our first day and we consistently sat with him for breakfast and lunch he was unbelievably sweet to us!!!!! He was so attentive to anything and everything we needed I recall getting up to refill my own glass one morning and he quickly came to make sure I did not have to bother getting up again, its tough to even get service like that in America sometimes so it was great! He even brought out some goodies for us to try that he recommended and made us the greatest cappuccinos so yummy!!!!! (highly recommend!). The staff overall makes this hotel, whether its the dining staff, housekeeping, or the entertainment staff everyone there is so warm and welcoming!

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank Nicole2425
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Room is small. No dresser for your clothing. However, the wait staff especially Jorge and Gilberto were amazing. Food was good, always different choices. The bartenders were great. The Entertainment Staff (Manuel, Alexa, and Angel) absolutely without a doubt AMAZING!!! They made the stay worth it for my family. My teens loved them. Will definitely go back again....

Room Tip: Unfortunately, this resort was undergoing major construction during our 11 day stay
1  Thank Tammy R
Reviewed 23 August 2017

The hotel is very nice, Quick and easy check-in, comfortable beds, very clean rooms, the maids are always available and address any concerns immediately. Lucy was awesome and helped so much!
The restaurant is clean and had a variety of delicious foods to choose from, all of the servers are excellent and go above and beyond to provide great service to each guest.
The Italian restaurant that was outside was so good, Israel was our waiter. He made our dinner an excellent experience.
The pools were clean and kept up very well, The pool bar was awesome and my favorite bar tenders were Zuly and Alfonso. The chef at the poolside restaurant made the best food!
The entertainment crew is Awesome, I had so much fun everyday with Manuel, Angel, and Alexa.
Also I got a massage while there from Paola, the massage was very nice.
Thank you to the Cancun Bay staff for making my vacation the best!!!

3  Thank Regina S
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I took my daughter to Cancun Bay Resort because we had to cancel another trip at the last minute due to a friends illness. We were very pleased with tghe resort and the attention all od the staff gave us. Special thanks go out to Jorge,Eladio,Israel,Angel, Alexa, Manuel, Ricardo and last but not least Elena! You all made us feel like family and your service was top notch. Looking forward to my next trip to Cancun Bay resort!

Room Tip: There are brand new rooms which were very nice but we stayed in a junior suite iwhich was perfect for us and very nice .
1  Thank Richard B
Reviewed 17 August 2017

This hotel is not new but remodeled was done great. The food, drinks, and service was awesome. From Alexa and the entertainment staff to the dining staff Jesus, Guadalupe, and all the rest were awesome. I missed saying how great the bartenders were. The only problem I had the whole 10days was not enough hot water. Everything else was great. Thanks for making my stay so great. Doug (UT)

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled solo