if you want to relax, and just unwind this may be the place for you/ visited in late January there was no queues, quiet beaches, helpful staff and a beautiful view of the ocean from the balcony. A lovely relaxing time. More
if you want to relax, and just unwind this may be the place for you/ visited in late January there was no queues, quiet beaches, helpful staff and a beautiful view of the ocean from the balcony. A lovely relaxing time. MoreShow less
We are very happy to read your nice comments. As you mention our hotel offers peace and quiet that is hard to find in the large resorts of Cancun! Casa Turquesa is a place to relax and enjoy the view. Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay at Casa Turquesa. Please feel free to call us or visit us anytime you want, everyone will be waiting for you.
Because we had such a wonderful time there during our week long vacation I had to give it a Very Good rating. The grounds and main exterior and lobby of the hotel are beautiful and well maintained. The interior rooms are in need of some updating and it looked like some of them were getting done. However our room was clean, the bed and sheets were comfortable and in perfect shape, and the staff very attentive. We did not use the spa tub on our veranda as it looked in pretty bad disrepair, but the one in the bathroom was excellent. I really appreciated the fact that there was always lots of hot water. Two of the staff were beyond excellent, Judy and Elias, always smiling and helpful. The main thing is that we felt safe and secure there. Parking is conveniently situated right in the driveway. and they take their security measures seriously. They did warn us not to travel out at night, which we were careful of, but strangely enough it was during the daytime in downtown Cancun that a policeman gave us the shakedown and we had to pay him off. That had no reflection on the hotel or it's staff, only that stuff happens.
There was no coffee pot or microwave in the room, but there was a small refrigerator. We would just go into the grocery store in the mall next door and buy what we wanted and bring it back for our meals if we didn't as we did not choose the inclusive as we were traveling and doing the tourist things quite a bit. We would stay there again if we were going to Cancun.
We love to know that you spent a nice vacation here. As you mention we are very well located and our hotel has a vintage style that make us unique. The supermarket is crossing the street so as Kukulcan Mall and Plaza La Isla. In casa Turquesa all the staff will be glad to have you here again. We are happy to know that you enjoyed the tub in your room, our bathrooms are very nice with all the space and the walking closet.
You are welcome to come back. We hope to see you soon in Casa Turquesa Hotel.
Traveled with a group of 4 celebrating a birthday. The hotel is small and quaint with direct beach access and a nice pool. Hotel is very quiet, can use some updates but renovations are currently in progress. Rooms are large and comfortable. Staff here are friendly and very helpful. Since the property is small, you get to know the staff and other visitors as well. We enjoyed the breakfast included option which was very convenient. Thanks Benedict and Walter for all your assistance during our stay!!
I came to this hotel from Miami for a quick weekend trip with my boyfriend. It is more quiet and charming than any hotel I’ve visited in Cancun - perfect for a couples weekend. The beach is incredible, the location couldn’t be more perfect. However, the best part was the excellent service. The rooms need updating, but the owner let us know it’s going through renovation this year. We’re excited to return and see the updates.
The place looked out dated in the pictures, but we were still hopeful. "We thought it's an RCI exchange it should be fine." The room was awful, there was mold on the walls it had a muggy smell. The couch had stains on it. The bed they brought in for my son was rusted and looked dirty. Our bed was extremely hard like sleeping on a concrete slab. The head board looked dirty and had holes all over the place the outlets where not cut correctly, made it look even worse. The outside tub was dirty same with the patio area. We only stayed 1 night and moved to a different hotel. The only good part was the entire staff. Very helpful and welcoming.
- Sea turtles: got to play a part in digging up & reburying the eggs, collecting the hatched baby turtles, & watching the mama turtles come ashore at night to lay more eggs
- restaurant staff: only 1 restaurant that serves the exact same menu each & every day BUT they take time to make sure the food is delicious and presentable. They have absolutely no problem altering the menu to make you happy. If they have it, it’s yours. The servers are very personable & friendly. Well deserving of all tips!
- location: nestled in among larger resorts, restaurants, & a mall. Everything's close & easy to get to. While no one is raking up the seaweed or picking up the trash that washes ashore (like at larger resorts), it’s still beautiful
- room size: very large, bright, & clean
- rooms: no ironing board or blow dryer, the water pressure in the shower is just about nonexistent. If you run the tub while running the shower, the shower water stops completely. The locks to the room door are just a key (who knows how many copies). There is no safety lock inside the door so we put two chairs from the table against the door each night just to feel a bit safer. The safe to the room again, is just a key (again who knows with how many copies). All of that being said; we had no safety issues the entire week, nor issues with things turning up missing.
- Pool: nice size but there were several times when there was cans floating in the water along with lots of bugs & leaves. Definitely was not cleaned on a daily basis. There was also a black mold ring around the outside of the pool & missing tiles
- bar: there was only 1 (the swim up). The “bartender” made up his own hours which were not the hours advertised by any means, and didn’t even show on Sunday. Once when he handed us a simple can of soda he felt the need to remind us that our all-inclusive did not include his tip. No working blender the entire week so if you had your heart set on a Piña Colada, & you can locate the bartender, you're getting it "on the rocks". Several times we flagged down servers from the restaurant to come out to the bar to give us a drink
- rest of the hotel staff: while friendly, "siesta" is their middle name! You'd be hard pressed to find most anyone else (beside restaurant staff) actually doing anything. Lots of lounging in the lobby & reception playing on their phones & computer as opposed to keeping the hotel clean & in good working order
- hotel appearance: stand back & it looks beautiful. Up close, lots of broken windows, cracked tiles, chipped paint, & outdated furniture