“Wonderful staff, beautiful beach, great facilities makes a 10 hour flight from UK worthwhile”
Review of Beach Palace

Beach Palace
Ranked #16 of 177 Hotels in Cancun
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 21 October 2017

This is my 3rd visit to Mexico staying in an all inclusive resort/hotel, previously I have stayed at the Grand Serenis and Riu Palace...Beach Palace exceeded all of my expectations. I travelled with my partner Ben and stayed for 2 weeks, this is a great resort for couples.

Let me tell you about the good stuff

The staff!!!!!! The service we received was really amazing, we were made to feel really important and nothing was too much trouble for anyone (I am not used to such good service). I really hope the management at Beach Palace recognise how great their staff are. I started to keep a list of the staff who were doing an excellent job.

ENTERTAINMENT TEAM
Firstly I would like to thank the entertainment team, they really did make our holiday amazing from the start, so friendly and they didn't pressurise you to join in with any activities but you could if you wanted. Rene in particular would come and see us each morning to say hi and have a chat. I loved Gustavo he made me laugh everyday, he would only refer to me as Miss Kate and my Partner Ben as Ben10. Damien and Lucy were also a lot of fun well worth some recognition for all of their hard work. Thank you guys so much, I would book Beach Palace again because of you.

THE POOL
The pool is very well kept, the pool concierge are checking the water throughout the day and are up early everyday cleaning the pool. A massive thank you to Yadira Celene who looked after Ben and I. She made sure we had a bucket of ice and water each morning and would check on us numerous times throughout the day, she was very helpful and kind. When we did visit the pool bar we were served by the excellent Luis Gerardo and Jose. I loved the slide.

THE FOOD
The food was really good, I opted to eat in the al la cart restaurants in the evenings, if I did eat at the buffet I got my food freshly cooked in front of me. The Asian restaurant was lovely, beautifully cooked meat, I visited here twice during my stay. I particularly loved the Italian and the trolley of cheeses that our wonderful Waiter Victor served us, the service from him was excellent, the food excellent. I bought wine with my resort credits, that was also excellent :) (however you can get house wines included). The steak restaurant I ordered exactly the same as my partner and mine was delicious but his was a bit tough, perhaps an off bit of meat, we didn't eat here again however I would have been happy to. Romantic meal on the beach, This was the worst meal I had at beach palace and it was the one I paid for. There was a wedding happening on the beach in the hotel next door (not beach palaces fault) but the food wasn't great. For mains we were served steak and lobster both were so over cooked I couldn't eat it. I do want to make a special mention to our waiters, Victor at the Italian. Alexander who serviced us at the steak restaurant and romantic meal on the beach who was simply wonderful.

Breakfast was lovely, I would have waffles or an omelette cooked fresh from Gabriela she really was wonderful. There was a lot of choice pastries, fresh fruit or cooked food. Service again was brilliant, during our 2 week stay particularly from Ruben, Aaron, Andres, Dieago. I wanted tea every morning instead of coffee, they made sure I had it. I also want to mention the hostesses Sonia and Janet, who would always see you to your table and tell you who would be serving you.

Evening Entertainment
During my stay I saw some really good evening shows I especially enjoyed the magician, the fire and laser show, Michael Jackson also the juggler (we paid extra for chefs dinner to see him),the silent disco was also great (hosted by Damien and Gustavo). Not all of the shows were to my taste but I was thankful we didn't see any cheesy miming acts. Often in the evening I would go to the sports bar and play some pool, thank you Arturo for always making sure I had a drink. You can also visit the sky bar.

The Beach
The beach is stuff dreams are made from, it's beautiful. I loved that you can see the ocean from the pool., It's lovely blue colours and really is something special. The hotel keep the beach in good order, I could see from the balcony of my room other beaches had sea weed on them but beach palaces was very clean in comparison (hard to keep it perfect as the sea weed is being washed up through the sea). The sea looks perfect but is choppy, it has strong currents so be cautious. There is a lifeguard but you need to be careful.

My Room
We upgraded from a lagoon room to a sea view room for £250 ($330) for our 2 week stay. It was worth it, the view from the 6th floor was beautiful. We had a jacuzzi bath (which we didn't really use), a pod coffee maker. Something that made me very happy was that you had hair straighteners and a hair dryer that actually worked well (normally these aren't the best). A safe in the wardrobe, robes and slippers and a table and chairs (if you want to order room service). Also has 24 hour room service, mini bar and a turn down service.

Resort credits
Prior to my visit I read a lot of mixed reviews, some people saying it's a rip off....well it isn't. I used my resort credits in the spa and for a couple of evening meals. I had a hot stone massage which lasted 80 mins and cost £27 ($34) in taxes as I used my resort credits, it was wonderful. In England for such a service it would be over £100. I also had a pedicure from Luisa that cost $6 in taxes and a full set of acrylic nails for $24 in taxes from mivena (both were great,very relaxing). I used my resort credits for romantic meal on the beach and chefs meal with the entertainment, both of those together cost $96 in taxes, I still thought that was good value. You can also book trips that worked out to be very cheap.

Improvements needed

Ok so there were a couple of things that have stopped me from giving this review 5*. The rooms are noisy, I could hear my neighbours open a can of drink, there alarm going off them speaking, I didn't sleep very well during my stay. This could be due to my room being an adjoining room (room 608, but this spoilt our stay. As I have already mentioned the food on the romantic meal on the beach being over cooked, the food on the chefs meal was cold. Sometimes in the buffet the food was barely warm hence why I would usually have food that was cooked for me or I would go to the sit down restaurants.

Thank you again to everybody that contributed to our holiday being amazing, there are so many staff I haven't mentioned who were equally as wonderful. I was generally sad to say good bye to you all. Rene, Gustavo, Damien, Lucy, Yadira, Luis, Diego, Alexander, Victor, Arturo, Ruben, Andres, Sonia,Janet. I hope to see you again soon

3  Thank Kate A
GM_At_HotelZone, General Manager at Beach Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2017

Dear Kate A,

First and foremost, thank you for choosing Beach Palace Cancun and sharing your kind comments with us, it is greatly appreciated.

Yes, we do read all of the comments received personally and take notes on the names of recognized staff members. They all are recognized by their managers due to their outstanding performance. We will make sure they all receive your comments.

I am glad to know most of your experience was positive. Although there was a few negative aspects you do mention, we are doing our best everyday to improve and provide our guests the service and experience they all deserve.

We hope to be honored with your visit once again soon, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back.

All the best,

wzahoul@palaceresorts.com

Write a ReviewReviews (6,385)

Reviewed 21 October 2017

We recently stayed at the Beach Palace from October 7 to 14 and overall the entire vacation was fantastic!

Upon arriving at the Cancun airport, we were quickly shuttled off on a 20-minute minivan ride to the property. The hotel is conveniently located about midway along the long part of the beach and just a short walk to the Fashion Harbour (La Isla) outdoor mall.

Check in was quick and convenient.

Rooms - We booked a ‘Deluxe Resort View’ room which was located on the second floor facing the lagoon and over looked a large terrace. However, we decided to upgrade for $160 to an ocean front instead, which we are glad we did as the view is spectacular. All rooms are very spacious and well appointed. CHI toiletries, hair dryer and hair straightener, a double soaker jacuzzi, a well-stocked mini bar, alcohol dispensers as well as bottles of wine. The bed and pillows were one of the most comfortable we have experienced. Balconies are large with two chairs, a small table and large sun bed. We ended up converting this into our bed for the entire trip and slept outside every night… falling asleep to the sound of the sea and waking to magnificent sunrises... simply blissful!

Restaurants – There are three restaurants (Italian, Asian and Steak/Sea Food), a Coffee & Sweet shop and a buffet. Unfortunately, we did not try the La Terraza (grill) restaurant as it is outdoors and rained on the night we had planned to go. We ate at Bocelli (Italian) restaurant twice and had mixed reviews. The Wok (Asian) restaurant was fantastic, we ate there 4 times! The service and food was superb. The sashimi was outstanding. We only ate at the buffet for dinner one night, it was ok. The buffet however for breakfast offered plenty of choices and was very good. The service is impeccable, staff are very attentive! From the moment you enter, staff greet you with a smile and you are promptly seated. Rueben our waiter always had our coffee and mimosa’s ready for us daily. Gabriela at the omelet station would greet us with her beaming smile and would already know what we wanted to order. On the way back to our seats, waiters would come to take our plates and escort us back to our table. The Coffee & Sweet shop had amazing pastries, sandwiches, salads, mouthwatering ice cream choices and excellent coffee!

Pools – There is one large main pool and 2 smaller pools on either side (one with a water slide and the other with a swim up bar). We generally positioned ourselves in the middle of the large pool. Comfortable loungers and plenty of umbrella’s if you needed shade. The staff around the pool area were fantastic. They delivered ice cream sandwiches and various treats during the day. Additionally, they had a lunch menu that had a wide selection of options (from wood burning oven pizza’s, nachos, hamburger, fries, etc.) all delivered to your poolside chair… now that is service! Our pool waiters Angel and Leonardo were extremely attentive, always ensuring our drinks were never empty, always with a smile. Antonio, the pool concierge, is a very warm and welcoming person and there for anything you may need help with. Roman is the head bartender at the pool bar and always had a smile. Very quick and attentive. He always remembered what you were drinking. Gustavo on the entertainment team is extremely fun and outgoing. Constantly on the go to ensure guests were entertained and having a great time.

Beach – soft wide sand, plenty of comfortable loungers, umbrellas and beach beds. Our only disappointment is how far back from the seashore they are positioned. Would be nice to have them right along the shore during the day. The ocean was a bit rough the first 5 days of our trip so we did not venture in that often, but the last 2 days the water was extremely calm and a beautiful turquoise/aqua blue color. Very little seaweed.

Sky Bar – this is the first time we have stayed at a property with a roof top terrace that had two pools, two hot tubs and two bars. Around 4 pm when the pool and beach start getting shade we would go up to the roof terrace that offered spectacular 360 degree views of the ocean, lagoon and Cancun. The gym is also located here. Alfredo and Carolina offered superb hospitality at the rooftop Sky bar.

The Beach Palace has a fantastic turtle conservation program where they collect and care for turtle eggs until they hatch. We had the privilege of participating in a turtle release. Kudos to the hotel and staff who are helping to protect this endangered species!

We cannot say enough on how fantastic our holiday was. The Beach Palace is an amazing property, with superb food and outstanding service. Thanks again to Roman, Angel, Gabriela, Antonio, Rueben, Gustavo, Leonardo, Alfredo and Carolina for making this an unforgettable experience. We never go to a property twice, but we will definitely be returning to the Beach Palace.

Room Tip: Tip: lagoon view rooms are odd numbers (e.g. 605, 403, etc.), ocean view rooms are even numbers (e...
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brian-Cathy

Dear Brian-Cathy,

Wonderful review, thank you so much for sharing it with us and the TripAdvisor community, it means a lot for us. We always do our best to keep our patrons pleased and appreciate your feedback.

You took plenty of time to explain in detail your experience and we appreciate it. This gives us the chance to evaluate the areas from our service and identify opportunity areas for improvement. Being better everyday is one of our goals and we work very hard to achieve it daily.

Thank you for choosing us, it will be a pleasure to welcome you back soon at Beach Palace.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 21 October 2017

My husband and I have just returned from the most amazing 10 days at the Beach palace...may I point out that negative reviews I’ve read are completely unjustified as we couldn’t fault anything...extremely clean...the food was fantastic at all of the restaurants...entertainment was great...24 hour room service...not to big..we visited the moon palace and this although beautiful was far to vast for us!...but what makes the Beach palace is the amazing staff!..we spent a lot of time at the sky terrace as we lead quite hectic lives so we mainly wanted to relax...Luis..Daniel...Rodger looked after us as if we were family along with all the lovely friends we made...also Luis in the sports bar knew our drinks within one evening! Also Nickolas in wok made us feel very special and went above and beyond...Beach palace your staff are a credit to you! Every where you look are friendly smiling staff which I’ve never experienced before along with the beautiful weather and scenery...this holiday has been the most memorable experience...Thank you! Kerry and senor Tom

Room Tip: Sea view for us..Although the lagoon is very pretty
2  Thank Keepcalmandsmile

Dear Keepcalmandsmile,

Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us! We are very happy to know about the recognition you give to our staff members. Definitely, they are the true heroes behind Beach Palace, we receive plenty of good comments about their outstanding performance, we could not be happier about it. Please rest assured they will all be properly recognized due to their incredible customer service skills and performance.

Thank you for choosing Beach Palace, we look forward to your next visit in a not so distant future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 20 October 2017 via mobile

Beach Palace has some of the best staff and waiters you will ever find. Friendly and want to accommodate you if at all possible. Give them 3 days and most of them will call you by your name. Each restaurant is top notch. Beach is one of the best on the hotel strip.

2  Thank ltmoss

Dear ltmoss,

That's correct, calling our guests by their name is part of our standards. You are important for us and we want to demonstrate this on every single action. Thank you so much for choosing us and sharing your kind comments, we sincerely appreciate it.

Looking forward to your next visit, hopefully very soon.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 20 October 2017

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the magnificent Beach Palace, Cancun. The hotel staff, amenities and food were absolutely incredible and my partner and I had the time of our lives.We travelled from London Gatwick.

Staff
As most reviews mention, the staff are very friendly, attentive and hardworking. They happily go above and beyond to ensure that your needs are taken care of. Particular thanks go to Ramon and Aaron, two waiters who always made sure that the drinks kept flowing, made great conversation and were genuinely two of the loveliest people I have met. Gabriela, who mans the pancake, waffle and omelette station in the restaurant is absolute diamond and made the best tasting pancakes. Miss them soo much! Also thanks go to Jorge who worked in room service and Andrea, the masseuse who gave me the best 80 minute aromatherapy massage ever! Finally, thank you to the wonderful Chef Alfredo who went in to the kitchen to get fresh chicken breast to cook for me at lunch, even though it wasn't on offer at that time.

Room
We stayed in room 601 and had a lagoon view which was breathtaking, particularly as the sun sets on that side. Our balcony was HUGE as we had an end room and it spread round the corner so we could see the beach too. It had a futon, table and chairs. We spent many an evening relaxing in the Jacuzzi and loved the his and hers sinks, rain power shower and mini bar & fridge - which were stocked often.

There's an iron and ironing board, plenty of handy knic-knacks (soap, sewing kit, hairdryer and straighteners), towels, robes and a safe (which was easy to use). The TV had a few English channels but the hotel has fantastic WiFi signal right down to the beach so we often streamed movies on our tablets. There was also a clock radio which had Bluetooth, USB and AUX facilities for us to play music/ charge our phones etc.

Everyday our sheets and towels were changed and then someone always knocks with a cart to check if you require any extra water, juice, drinks, snacks etc.

The only negatives we found with the room was that above the bed there was an alcove bed head and we bumped our heads a lot. Also, there wasn't a way to switch on the bedside lights without switching the full lights on, although there's an option to have just the jacuzzi and sink area lights on. Finally, our key cards did not work at least 3 times and we had to go to reception to reactivate them.

On arrival we were surprised to find quite a small buffet area than what we had found at other hotels, HOWEVER, there was plenty of variety and the quality and taste was delicious. They have a broad selection and we loved that the food tended to make us feel satisfied rather than bloated. The salads were gorgeous as well as everything else that was on offer. (By the way, if you like Jamaican food they had plantain, rice and peas and 'YERK' chicken a couple of times and it tasted delicious).

We ate at the Asian restaurant twice and again really enjoyed the food there. It was nice to experience all inclusive a la carte and we did not have to book or queue. We also ate at the steakhouse by the pool twice (although we weren't told about this restaurant on check in). Food was delicious and filling. Unfortunately on our second visit the wait to be seated was very long and our food took ages to come. They also didn't have the ribs. The staff handled this well and apologised profusely.

We enjoyed the luxuries of 24hr room service several times, even at 4am! My oh my was it amazing and probably one of my favourite features of the hotel. I miss my chicken tenders with buffalo sauce. Only issue we had is that sometimes we were able to order cocktails to our room but other times we were told that this wasn't possible. We weren't sure what the practise was.

Pool bar had a great selection of snacks (wings, burgers, hot dogs, nachos, fajitas the list goes on) and you could swim up to this too.

Swimming pools/ Beach
The pools were great but sometimes had the odd straw or floating bits in them (particuarly the pool with the swim up bar, which by the way was an amazing temprature.) There are 5 pools in total and an outdoor jacuzzi and then a hot tub on the roof. The hotel sits right on the beach and there's another bar close by with waiter service right down to you sunbed. The beach was the best I've ever seen in any country by far. The water was quite rough at times but again was beautiful.

Excursions
Our rep was Shane from Thomson TUI and he was very helpful We booked excursions to:
Isla Mujeres - amazing, great scenery, hired golf buggies to tour the island, snorkelling BUT little catamaran that caused sea sickness!
Chichen Itza -highlight of our holiday, saw one of the seven wonders of the world, great Mayan history and culture, swimming in a sacred cenote (sink hole) which was BREATHTAKING, amazing tour guides, free Tequila. Very long day though (12-13 hours!) and extremely hot when visiting the pyramids.
Coco Bongo - great fun, amazing show. We paid for gold member and got unlimited drinks, waiter service and got to sit. Longgg evening though (make sure you have a nap first) and a lot of mix up with the seating.
Captain Hook - was just okay, worst of the excursions, not worth the money, enjoyable but a bit cheesy. Food was lovely though.

Tourists
A lot of Americans and British all of whom were friendly and we made lots of friends. Mainly couples, honeymooners and we witnessed 4 weddings. There quite a few children but I'd imagine there'd be more in the summer.

Other
Great location
Very clean
Water aerobics was great fun.
Great WIFI
Loved the Room Service menu on the TV
Yummy cocktails but ask for extra strong as they are quite light
Used resort credits for 80 min couples massage - WORTH IT
MJ tribute show by the pool was awesome.
Small but well equipped gym (treadmill had YouTube, Facebook and more!). Gym overlooked the sea which was nice.
Spent pesos rather than US dollars and found this to be cost effective especially for taxis.
Would definitely visit again (but not with Thomson TUI as their service was TERRIBLE at both Gatwick and Cancun airports)

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CamzRozay

Dear CamzRozay,

It was a pleasure to read your so positive comments, thank you so much for choosing Beach Palace Cancun and sharing your so wonderful review with us, we feel honored by your words.

It seems like you had an amazing time during your stay and that's all that matters to us. We appreciate your feedback and promise to keep improving every day to surpass all of your expectations during your next visit.

Once again, thank you for choosing Beach Palace Cancun, we hope to be rewarded with your visit once again soon.

All the best,