6,749 results
All reviewsthe concierge leveloriental loungeel alamosteakpablo winklerla trattoitalian restaurantlobby baralamo restaurantroom serviceconcierge dinnerour honeymoonchef's dinnerresort creditactivity poolfire showdinner on the beach
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Thank you to all at Sun Palace for a fabulous stay! Great resort and awesome staff. Easy travel from airport! These are some of the great people that made our stay wonderful.
Claudia our concierge
Natalie our pool concierge
Enrique bringing us great drinks
David is the most awesome server in the restaurant.
Jusse was amazing at the Italian restaurant.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
GM_At_HotelZone, e-Concierge at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

Dear Cal B,

There is nothing more important to us than learning about our guest's experience and most importantly, understand how to ensure you have the best vacation time during your stay at Sun Palace. Thank you so much for choosing us, we sincerely appreciate your preference and confidence.

Without any doubt, our staff shines bright and enlights the face of our guests with tons of smiley faces. We have no words to express how proud we hare of having such talented people collaborating with us and ensuring our guests return back home carrying only wonderful memories.

We hope to have the honor of welcoming you back again soon and surpass all of your expectations once again.

Best regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2018 via mobile

Amazing resort - great food - great staff. You may not want to do the “tour”, but David in the buffet will help make your meal amazing ! We went to the Beach Palace, a dollar bus ride and at the outside steak Gabriel was an amazing waiter. Many of the staff truly love their jobs, and pass that Love on ! Fraise, a hostess at the buffet knew our name and special requirements day one- her smile couldn’t be brighter. She truly made us feel welcome every time we walked through the door, that she usually pulled Open for us. Does that gal ever get a day off ? Fraise, thank you! Jesse at the Italian had us in stitches. He was so fun and truly tried to make it a memorable night. Thank you! I walked into the buffet with a drink. Samuel asked if I wanted another, I hesitated and said no I will get another in a moment. He asked why and I said they only have that spirit at the Lobby bar. Three seconds later a new drink appeared handed to me by a grinning Samuel. It is amazing how no one can do enough for the guests ! No vacation is without it’s issues.... the gal assigned as our hostess did not come through at all , but Karim at the 5th flour vacation planners desk fixed everything ! It’s vacation you take the good with the bad, but oh my - Sun Palace is amazing! Go to relax! Go to embrace the beauty. Go to have fun with the entertainment staff. Volley ball, water activities, dance lessons and kareokee! Enjoy! Oh there is shopping near by - a huge mall and a luxury mall ( rated one of the top ten). If it’s not on your bucket list.... it should be!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_At_HotelZone, e-Concierge at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2018

Dear jkotlarz,

Thank you so much for choosing Sun Palace and for sharing your amazing comments with us, we are always pleased to know about our guest's experience, and your feedback is highly valuable to us as it helps us to identify our opportunity areas and improve to provide a better service for all of our guests. We sincerely appreciate your confidence and preference.

Our entertainment team also does an excellent job by keeping our guests happy and ensuring they have always something interesting to do if that's what they want of course. Please rest assured they and all of the collaborators recognized in your review will be properly rewarded for their outstanding performance and "can do" attitude.

We also regret to know about the situation with the hostess, and we are happy to know it was efficiently solved and handled. Sometimes it is not about not having issues but the efficiency you have to solve them in a satisfactory way.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon at Sun Palace.

All the best,

Reviewed 12 July 2018

I'll start by saying that you won't find a more friendly and service oriented group of staff than at the Palace Resorts. They are friendly, eager and, for the most part, warm and welcoming. If you are content with getting treated nicely than this is the place for you.

I will break down my review into things I like and things I didn't.

Likes

Staff
Comfortable Rooms
Above Average Food (I will say that bread, pastries and deserts are Excellent)
Lobby Bar (especially afternoon tea service)
Facility Cleanliness
Room Service
Padded Lounge Chairs at Activity Pool
Separate Lounge Area on Beach for Concierge Level Rooms and Above
Decent Entertainment (especially Los Arnelas in the Aurora Restaurant)

Dislikes
The Palace Resort Credit Marketing Gimmick (more on that below)
Saving Chairs at Pools - there were not enough to accommodate all guests
Inconsistent Service Deliveries (some restaurants)
PLASTIC GLASSES AT DINNER OUTSIDE
Dinner Outside
Inconsistent Lack of Attention to Detail
Membership Sales People
A tendency to overcommit and under deliver (Marketing Genius)

Call them what you will, Member Sales Reps, Brand Ambassadors, Concierges, etc. this place (as well as other Palace Resorts) use high pressure time - share sales people to stimulate return visits. Right out of the box, they put me on high alert and, quite frankly left a bad taste in my mouth for the rest of my vacation. So much so, that every time I walked by there little table in the lobby they appeared to be hungry sharks just waiting to engage with you in there never take no for an answer attempt to lure you in. True predator hijinks. As one of them told me "we are highly competitive with each other". Sure, poor vulnerable people who are, for the most part, lured in by the glitz and glamor. This is a common practice at all the hotels in Cancun from the 1 star AI's to the Ritz and I'm sure my review isn't going to stand the industry on it's ear but if I can influence even one person from being roped in I will consider myself a service to brethren humanity who may be vacationing in Mexico.

Plastic glasses are necessary for the pool area, I get that. Over imbibed patrons break real glasses and that creates safety risks. I also understand that this same area serves as the outside venue for dinners and the same risks apply but if you use plastic at least get some that looks appealing. Every plastic glass I was served in was scratched, cracked, cloudy and simply unappealing. If you are attempting to portray yourself as "high-end" AI experience the attention to detail is a must. That same attention to detail goes with service. For example, I ordered the Lobster in the restaurant (using the Resort Credit) and they didn't bring out butter with it and when it did come, it was 20 minutes after I asked for it. That experience was repeated more than I wanted it to at almost every meal (more ice, drink refill, more bread, salt, etc). and in most if not all of the cases there seemed to be plenty of help.

Comments on the Palace Credits Gimmick : if you choose wisely, you can get some value out of it. You have to pay 16% tax on what you use. So, for every $100 of credit you spend you're liable to $16. On a $1k spend that's $160. The value proposition on the use of these is marginal, at best. Good marketing strategy though - very enticing. On that subject, let me comment on the discount pricing angle of booking Palace Resorts. The discounts are steep ranging for 40% to 60% of retail. Makes you think you're getting a super luxurious deal and enticing you to book. You can stay at the JW, book a room that includes their breakfast buffet, eat dinner at Ruth's Chris, Puerto Madero, Harry's, the Crab House and wind up spending about the same.

Don't get me wrong - the Sun is a nice place and you'll have a good time but look around before you book and make the most of your vacation by using reviews from fellow travelers to chart your course.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Mark C
GM_At_HotelZone, Director General at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2018

Dear Mark C,

First and foremost, thank you so much for choosing Sun Palace and taking the time to share your very complete review with us. We must admit it was a great concern for us to read your comments and discover Sun Palace did not meet your expectations. Your satisfaction is our most important goal and we sincerely regret to know it was not accomplished.

We have shared a private message with you, hopefully, you may provide us with additional details regarding your stay and help us to improve in order to serve you better in the future.

Thank you for your confidence, we hope to hear back from you soon and remain at your service.

Cordially,

Reviewed 11 July 2018

The entire staff was professional, friendly and helpful. The activities director (Jay I think) was great and multi-talented. He always had fun activities available to those wanting to participate. The facility was immaculately maintained and the food was very good , especially the Thai cuisine. Special shout out to the wedding planner, Elizabeth Yañez Alvarez who did a great job coordinating and dealing with obstacles that came up so that the event went smoothly and was beautiful.

Room Tip: Rooms were spacious and clean and had a great view of the ocean. The hot tub/ jacuzzi in the middle of the room was a nice touch.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank neiljd5
GM_At_HotelZone, e-Concierge at Sun Palace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2018

Dear neiljd5,

We are grateful for your very positive feedback and also for your preference in Sun Palace. Your comments give us the motivation to keep working harder and always ensure you have the best vacation experience during your stay. We are proud to have been part of such an important event in your life, thank you so much for your confidence.

It is also great to know Jay and Elizabeth did such an exceptional job during your stay. Honor to whom honor is due, please rest assured we will be happy to share your positive feedback with them along with proper rewarding from us for being a very important part of our team.

We look forward to welcoming you back again soon, Sun Palace will always hold a special place for you.

Best regards,

Reviewed 10 July 2018

We enjoyed the Sun Palace Resort for its location, staff and service. The resort staff were very friendly and always helpful. Service was outstanding at the pool, on the beach and at all the restaurants with the exception of the steak house. Our rooms were always clean with great amenities and treats (so much chocolate and so delicious).

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank stevepU5446FB

Dear stevepU5446FB,

We would like to thank you on behalf of the whole Sun Palace team for taking the time to share your very kind comments with us, and most importantly, for choosing us as your resort to stay during your vacation in Cancun.

Your feedback helps us to improve every day and achieve all of our goals. Your satisfaction is the most important for us so please rest assured we will continue to work tirelessly to guarantee your next visit will completely surpass all of your expectations.

Please come back soon to Sun Palace.

Cordially,