4,715 results
All reviews la joya isla contoy gem spa grand club level coral cafe west wing breakfast buffet master suite private beach business center hotel zone kids club ocean view marble floors turn down service jet ski loved this hotel
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I stayed at this hotel 5 years ago and expected the same excellent service. I received it! They have a charming old school 5 star approach and it works. The hotel is overstaffed which gives you the feeling of being the center of someones attention. (Have you ever seen a cashier at a bar for 3 bartenders? Yea neither have I) Never did you find the staff sitting around bored.. always busy cleaning or trying to attend you. Breakfast is fabulous and the spa fabulous. Yes the lobby needs updating.. but I bet you when your sitting there someone will greet you and make sure your not in need of anything.

In other hotels in Cancun including the sister hotels may have an updated this or that, but one thing you will receive at the Grand Fiesta is excellent service. This is how you want to spend your vacation, being pampered and feeling special. This place is exactly it!
I think the lobby should be updated with new furniture and the beach chairs to come with cushions similar to other 5 star beach hotels, but other than that please don't change!
For any bride looking for a property .. this is the place for you and your guests to feel special. For the way they treat normal guests I can only imagine the next level they will bring for a wedding party.

Great tip- when checking in ask to join the fiesta awards club, I was offered this at check in and signed up. This gives you free internet and the resort fee is optional!

Room Tip: Ask for a high floor... all rooms have views of the ocean but higher floors have the best views
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank wcasey10
EdgarNovelo, Guest Service Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2017

Thank you for your review on your experience at Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun. We are glad you chose us again! It’s a pleasure to read that the service provided by our staff exceeded your expectations. For us it is very important to make our guests feel at home. Comments like yours motivate us to keep on. I´ve shared your review with our Maintenance Manager. We appreciate your suggestion.
We look forward to hosting you on your next visit to Cancun.

Reviewed 21 October 2017

Stayed at this hotel recently and I have to say that will never come back! It's a very very boring hotel, there is absolutely nothing to do after you have dinner. No entertainment, no shows, nothing.... The food is below average. Hotel is ok for a standard you are looking for. Location is great, Beach great. But if you come with your family or if you like to be entertainment - there is ZERO.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Peter S

First and foremost I would like to thank you for sharing your comment about your recent stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies for not covering your expectations.
I do understand that Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach does not suit your kind of life styles. But, allow me to mention that Posadas brand have various hotels with different concepts. We are always happy to know that our guests find their own perfect resort within.
Posadas welcomes you and invites you to discover an amazing experience at any of our hotels.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

We had an amazing stay!! We arrived Saturday, Oct 7, and stayed through Thursday, Oct 12. I had visited the hotel back in 1991 when it was relatively brand new, and I can honestly say, the "old" place holds up very well (though I'm sure has been spruced up since 1991!).

It was me, hubby, kids 8 & 10. We chose this hotel - 1. Because I had been there in 1991 & it was gorgeous, and 2. because in my head - it was still 1991, and there was very little "stuff" to do in Cancun with hotels few & far between and most activity was within walking distance of this hotel.

Well, There's a TON to do in Cancun now - and, I can't believe how many hotels have gone up & are literally right next to each other. Even just outside the hotel - the amount of stores & restaurants that have gone up - WOW! The supermarket is a great place to walk (I think it took 5 minutes from door-to-door with stopping for the crosswalk light). The service at the hotel was fantastic. Everyone remembered our names, Javier at the buffet breakfast remembered our juice drink order for 4 people each morning too. Our last name is very difficult to stay, and since the reservation was booked by me, so in my name, after we gave our room number (512), everyone called me "Mrs. Elizabeth". We sat through the timeshare explanation - for 25% off? You betcha! Kids ate virtually free the entire time anyway, and all our food/drinks were 25% off. We absolutely had zero hard sell after the sales pitch, so I guess it depends on who gives the timeshare talk. We said nope, won't do it - and that was it. We didn't get a "closer" ... maybe it helped I had 2 irritated kids with me, but the sales guy (Ricardo) was very respectful of our time & understood it wasn't something we were going to do. Our buffets were comped when we checked in, so we did sign up for the session for the 25% off ... very flexible timing, chose 8am on a Monday morning. Done & Done. We had read enough review here on TA to know they'd offer that.

The staff was fantastic everywhere - the beach, the pool, and we laughed at the buffet each morning - we all tried to get up the stairs before anyone ran down to grab our food to carry it to our tables. I made it to the top stair once, but that's as far as we got.

Also, after reading reviews about the no food policy. Did everyone who complained about it on here read the full policy?? Yes, we signed it - BUT - if you read it from top to bottom, it basically states please don't bring in food in to cook. They don't disallow drinks, etc., as a matter of fact, I grabbed Diet Pepsi daily from the supermarket, I had one of those huge 3L bottles one of the days, and the doorman offered to bring it up for me since we had several bags with snacks/drinks. My kids had gatorades, hubby grabbed the Jack Daniels mixed drink cans for fun, we grabbed bags of chips. We never hid it, and we were VERY respectful that the rooms aren't made for cooking. One of the concierges I spoke to about this said that people used to bring in full sandwich-making stuff, or breakfast milk/cereal/pancakes & would make huge messes and were very disrespectful of the rooms. But bringing in outside drinks? They specifically told me at check-in that's not a problem, just please don't cook. No issues there. I'm on vacation, I'm not cooking in my room anyway. We had 6 bottles of the free water in the room each day, we asked at the front desk for more one day, they handed us a few - no issues there. My kids weren't as careful about not opening mouth in shower, splashing water in their mouths at the pool, etc. No one got any digestive issues!! YAY!!!

The pools are amazing. My kids never wanted to leave. The beach was the perfect size, not so wide that you have to walk super far, just right. We'd hop back & forth between pool & beach, never worried about leaving our towels/floaties, etc., at our pool chairs, they stayed put the entire day. Granted, we were there in off season, so it wasn't packed - I SO LOVED that there was absolutely no issues getting chairs at any time of the day. Partly why we go off season! Love the swim-up bars too ... the bartender at the 2nd pool (the waterfall/infinity-edge pool) on Wednesday, was fantastic and I forgot his name! He suggested I try the Isla Contoy (will they share the recipe??), and he made my husband a punch so we could try the Havana Club 7-yr rum. He even surprised my kids with 2 small desserts as we were finishing lunch (we sat on the dry side while our room was cleaned). Very thoughtful all-around. Towels huge & abundant anytime we needed, they provide towels & slippers too before going back into the hotel. SO MUCH FUN!!! It is a HUGE resort, so yes, there is a lot of walking. Again, if you don't want to worry about walking too much, skip going to a resort! My daughter did the Paddleboard (included with resort fee), but the ocean was a bit rough and it was tough for a 10 year old. She'd done it in Hawaii in a protected lagoon - NOT the same! It's wavy ocean here! We took advantage of Playa Caracol ferry & headed to Isla Mujares on Tuesday - maybe a max 4-minute walk from the front door of the hotel to the ferry ticket booth. CONVENIENT!!!

Also - there are bathrooms pretty convenient at the first pool and clearly marked, not sure people scoped them out before they were needed. No issues getting to/from the bathrooms, so not sure why people complain about them not being available. With 2 kids, lots of drinks, we were in them a lot.

We were in our room by 9:30 each night, NEVER heard any live music in the lobby - we saw lots of instruments, maybe we were just there the wrong nights, or too early. That would've been fun for the kids.

Kids club - I was nervous, because I had read from other TA reviews that parents can't check it out, and they are super secretive of what's behind those closed doors. Well, Brenda at the Kidz club front desk was amazing. We went to check it out our first day, and she offered us a tour, showed us all the areas, explained the sessions. All visits were complimentary with our reservation, and included lunch on days we wanted to send the kids. There was a late-night 7-9 session that Sunday, and our kids took part. They LOVED it. They reported that everyone was so nice to them. They also had lunch on Monday (they switched closed day from Monday to Tuesday last week) & stayed for cookie decorating. The kids had a blast & kept asking to go back. The facilities are top-notch, all the workers are dressed alike - easy to spot who is the adult vs. kids. They all welcomed us & treated our kids like they had been going there for ages. They let me go back in again when I asked if the kids could change into their swimsuits there. Fantastic. I wish we would've used it more, but it was such a hard pull - pool vs. kidz club. AWESOME service! I felt confident my kids were in great hands each time they were dropped off.

From Chicago, it was a 3-1/2 hour nonstop flight, then about 20 minutes in our private shuttle to the hotel. Seriously, so easy to consider coming down for a long weekend going forward. The kids are BEGGING to come back here, and even after we went up & down Kukulcan Blvd, we would definitely chose this hotel over all the others!!!

Seriously still one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in. Our room was clean, no issues with plumbing or hot water. All 4 of us showered each night to get all the chlorine/sand/sunscreen off of us before dinner, and as the mom, I was always last - always had plenty of hot water. The view from the room was spectacular. Yes, we had condensation on the doors when we opened them and the floor got slipper there - but can you imagine how nasty it would smell if there were carpeting? ew. I have a feeling that the condensation issue holds true for everywhere in Cancun - it was hot & STEAMY everywhere were went. The housecleaning staff came by each night with chocolates & made sure we had what we needed (extra towels, shampoo, whatever).

All in all, FANTASTIC experience, we will absolutely go back, and probably within the next year for a "quick trip". We had great vacation memories as a family here.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
3  Thank Heybets30
EdgarNovelo, Guest Service Manager at Grand Fiesta Americana Coral Beach Cancun, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thoughtful and descriptive comment as we love to hear about our guests’ experience. We are honored you decided to revisit our resort after 26 years and that it exceeded your expectations! Being able to come back to with your own family to create special memories at a place you remember fondly is truly priceless.

We appreciate you acknowledging the various perks offered at the resort and that you took full advantage of them during your stay. We love when our team is specifically acknowledged so we’ll be sure to send your kind words with Javier, Ricardo, Brenda, our bartenders, KidZ Club staff and everyone else on our team.

We look forward to having you back and making more memories with us!

Reviewed 10 October 2017

I travelled here a few years back with my mother and had a wonderful experience. This place is located ideally within walking distance to where the action/shopping is located. The beach and color of the ocean is beautiful here, one of my favorite places and actually took my breath away. The standard rooms are decorated luxurious with light colored marble and have very nice/comfortable beds with a view. If you are looking for a non-all inclusive then this place is perfect.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
2  Thank Lynz D

Thank you for posting your nice review about your recent experience with us. It is great to hear that you enjoyed the beach, your suite and all the facilities, without forgetting the location right in the heart of Cancun hotel zone.
We appreciate your suggest.
We look forward to hosting you soon!

Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

My double single use was an apartment with small living area . Excellent service, staff and breakfast smelling the sea perfume The white sandy beach and the turquoise sea in front of the hotel make it unforgettable

Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business