9,733 results
All reviews fish tacos el mexicano juan jose moon tower san telmo kambu restaurant chef josue tuna tower lobby bar ceviche bar upper pool ocean front garden view master suite michael jackson show sushi other resorts
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Considering this is supposedly toted as a five star hotel I’m more than a little disappointed. First issue - checked in with my daughter and male handicapped friend. Reception wasn’t overly accommodating nor pleasant. Upon traveling to the room which was laborious at best we discovered only a king size bed. Like really!! Certainly not about to put my daughter in bed with a strange man !!!

I had to run back down to rebook which was an issue until I requested management.

We were then put the furthest area possible from the pool and the restaurants. Our travel
companion is a double amputee using a walker.

Italian restaurant fantastic . Steak house awful. Got overcharged there to boot. Service was however impeccable.

Breakfast restaurant kalima was passable however as a dinner option awful.

Power was shut down entire day with zero notice to guests. Concierge swore up and down they sent notices. NOT!!

Honestly would never ever return to this resort. Most staff very capable however lots were not. Finding English speaking staff very difficult.

End result - find somewhere better !!!

Beach ~ covered in seaweed. So not impressed with this resort !!!

Trying to get hold of a Manager is IMPOSSIBLE!! It’s pass the buck completely.

Power outage has still not been rectified. Hot as s*** here

5  Thank 24lisaz
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2018

We regret to know that we have not fulfilled your expectations during your visit.
I have personally investigated the situations you mentioned in your review. The room you requested, was an accesible which clearly has to be a single bed for the space. We try to comply with this request but apparently this situation was not explained to you, an apology for what happened.
Likewise, we informed you the legal drink age in Mexico is 18 and I was informed about the situation with the bracelet that you gave to your daughter. It is very important to clarify that we are a family hotel that complies with the Federal Laws.
Regarding to the seaweed or sargassum let me inform you that hoteliers and local authorities have been coordinating to remove sargassum from our beaches, either manually, in wheelbarrows, or using different types of heavy machinery. Removing it remains necessary; nonetheless, as this cannot be done without unintended consequences that lead to beach erosion (removing sargassum removes sand, heavy machinery compacts sand, etc.), making informed decisions about how to manage excess sargassum is equally important, particularly because there is so much we have yet to understand. I do understand that the concept of our hotel does not suit your kind of lifestyle.
Do not hesitate to contact us, should you decide to return, for any pre-arrival arrangements we can assist you with.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Thank you Nemias and Itzel for the great margarita lessons! Definitely made our stay here a lot of fun! Highly recommend this activity while staying here!! Great margaritas and easy recipes you can remember! Hibiscus margaritas my favorite!

1  Thank Denise P
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2018

I would like to express my gratitude for the time you have taken to share your valuable comments. Thank you for the warm words regarding our staff, service, food and specially for your comments about Nemias and Itzel.
I have no doubt that your review will be of a great help for many travelers while making their decision to visit Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun. Words can't express my gratitude
We hope to welcome you back to your home away from home and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Warm Greetings,

Reviewed 14 July 2018

I stayed at this resort 10 years ago and decided to come back with my children after all these years. I was super disappointed when I arrived to find the hotel is under major renovations in various areas of the hotel. I just had my home renovated and the experience was terrible with the loud sawing and workmen in and out all day along with the drywall dust and equipment everywhere. The last thing I wanted to experience on vacation is the noise of construction. The first few days weren’t terrible in terms of noise but today they seem to be in crunch mode and there is loud sawing and dust and wheel barrows, hammering and all those nosies associated with renovations. Every time I walked to the lobby or my room there was someone in my way carrying large pieces of drywall or people sweeping to try and hide the dust. I get that remodeling is a must in the hotel world to stay relevant, but I would have never stayed here if I knew about it beforehand. I don’t vacation very often so this was a huge disappointment for me to have to deal with this. The beach is also covered with large mounds of seaweed and it’s not removed at all. I was told it just comes back so the hotels just leave it all over the beach. The food here is alright but nothing over the top. The food during the week was kinda boring and repetitious. The main buffet room was so hot and humid it was uncomfortable during most of our meals. My favorite food was the sushi bar even though it didn’t open until 5:00 probably due to the cost. The drinks are made with so little alcohol and the wine that comes with the all inclusive deal is just cheap Pinot or Cabernet Sauvignon. The service wasn’t bad but if you don’t speak Spanish it’s not easy to communicate with some of the staff. The rooms were clean but bathroom is basically open to the room leaving little privacy while taking a shower and getting ready. The room had the ac going but everything was moist and humid. I had a book on the desk and the pages got all wrinkled due to the humidity. Overall the renovation noise and mess really ruined the trip for me.

Room Tip: Not sure. There was loud construction noise all over.
4  Thank jms990

First of all I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your comments of your recent stay with us. Although many travelers find Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun to be a great place for a relaxing getaway, with excellent food options and outstanding service,I regret that we were not able to fulfill your expectations. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused for the construction, as you mentioned we are currently working on renovations that will provide our guests with the best location to enjoy their vacation. One of our main objectives is the satisfaction of our guests with the quality of the food and the service, and we will be taking actions in order to ensure your complete satisfaction next time you visit, should you decide to do so.
Please be sure to contact us for any additional assistance you may need, we will be more than happy to hear from you again.

Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Uri is the best entertainer here in the hotel!!! My experience here has been great because of his team! I would definitely come here again. He is very energetic, friendly, and most importantly he makes sure that you’re having a great time here.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for having chosen Fiesta Americana Condesa and for taking the time to share your comments avbout it. I am very pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and the personalized service and our Entertaiment. I will personally extend your special comments to Uriel for their magnificent performance. We are looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations again.

Warm Greetings,

Reviewed 13 July 2018

I have written several reviews of the FACC over the years, as we have been to this hotel 16 times now. Let me first call everyone's attention to my previous reviews of this hotel. We go here at least every other year, and have done so for literally decades. I am not an owner, or timeshare person...we go because we genuinely love it here. As I have mentioned in previous reviews, we have stayed at several other hotels in the Zona Hotelra, however, we have not felt as genuinely welcomed, and "at home" as we do in this hotel at any of the others. SO, since 1999, we have stayed at the FACC every time we have gone to Cancun. It's just not desirable to us to go someplace else.

For this review I want to focus on the CHANGES occurring in/around the hotel, so that, as some other reviews have mentioned, no one will be surprised when they arrive and find something they don't expect.

First, this is one of the "older" properties on the Hotel Zone, compared to some of the other hotels. However, for approximately two years now, the hotel has been undergoing a COMPLETE renovation and update. I would guess that about half, if not more, of the guest rooms are now completely refurbished. This year, we stayed in one of the remodeled rooms in the Moon Tower, with an ocean view (409). We also had an additional room (423) for my daughter and daughter-in-law, which overlooked the pool area. Both rooms had really nice balconies, good Wi-Fi, Flat-screen televisions, and BEAUTIFUL rain showers with lots of glass. The rooms are truly spectacular. Most of the ongoing, visible, renovations are to the restaurants, and to the lobby. On the walls there are large photo renditions of what the renovated lobby and restaurants will look like. It is going to be really something. I think once completed this will be one of the most beautiful hotels in the Zone. Several reviewers have mentioned the construction/noise as being a problem. Other than somewhat diminishing the impressiveness of the spectacularly large lobby, we did not find that to be the case. Yes, during the day there was the occasional hammer to be heard, but this just didn't seem to be a problem to us. We heard NO noise at night. Nor was there any problem with the A/C, as some other reviews have mentioned.

Several of the restaurants which are being renovated are still operating, but just in a different location. Ask at check in and they will give you a hotel map and show you where the restaurants are located during the construction. One small disappointment: heh...I think FACC serves the "World's Best" chicken strips. They used to bring them to you at the pool and you could order them at the hotdog/hamburger stand in the pool area. When we first got there, I was horrified to learn (ha!) that they were no longer available at the pool stand, and it took my daughter and daughter in law about three days to find them, for some reason buried in the Room Service menu. Apparently they are only available now through Room Service, but they are well worth it.

A lot of people, myself included, have pointed out specific people for special recognition... "sexy" Uri at the pool, the bartenders, etc. etc. I am going to take a different approach: There are over 750 people working "customer service" positions at the hotel. These people are there before people get up in the morning, preparing for the day, and they are taking people to CoCo Bongo at night until the wee hours of the morning. There is a different "show" or entertainment at the FACC EVERY night of the week. The Magic Show is new, with less "comic" and card magic, and more serious, stage quality magic. My favorite show is still the Michael Jackson Show. They guy is a ringer for MJ, and even though I don't really consider myself a MJ "fan", this show is so good, I have seen it three times. The Fire Show by the pool is really excellent. I actually don't know when these people sleep! And I have yet to meet a SINGLE person, who didn't look like they loved their job, and loved visiting with the guests. And most of these people, are ones we have met before, over the years. The turnover seems to me to be quite low...these customer service professionals have been doing this for a long time, and they stay at the FACC. I think that has to say something about the management of the hotel, to be able to keep its employees satisfied, and happy, in the face of these long hours of hard work.

Next: the beach. Right now the entire Caribbean is facing a seaweed bloom, and there are over 1000 square miles of seaweed in the waters near Florida. As some reviews have mentioned, yes there is more seaweed than usual. However, I don't look at seaweed as a particular problem. I look at JELLYFISH as a problem. And all around Florida, and the Alabama coast, one can barely get IN the water without being stung, and stung a lot. In Cancun, yes, there's some seaweed, but NOTHING in the water that bites, stings, or creates pain. Brush away the seaweed and enjoy the beach and warm waters of the Caribbean. And at night, the beaches are swept with a sand cleaner that removes the seaweed from the sand and puts the sand back onto the beach, so the levels of seaweed ON the beach are at least manageable...at least at the FACC.

Finally: Crime
FORGET what your friends tell you about crime in Mexico. We have CRIME in Jackson, MS. I feel safer in Mexico than I do in the USA. NO ONE, comes through the FACC gate without passing through a checkpoint where they have to give a reason for being on the hotel property. There is security everywhere with CCTV down at the malls, such as la Isla. We ride the city bus all the time. My wife has also ridden the city bus by herself. The fare for the Hotel Zone is 8.5 pesos. Once I went to the snowball stand at la Isla to buy a snowball, and the security cop remembered my NAME, as well as that I wanted a “Strawberry” snowball. I’ve never had a single incident where I have felt unsafe in Mexico.

That's it for now. I'm always willing to answer questions about FACC. Just message me through Trip Advisor. We love the place, and it's getting better every time we go there.

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Thomas W
PilarTapia, General Manager at Fiesta Americana Condesa Cancun All Inclusive, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2018

Dear Thomas, I am highly satisfied to know that you had a atonishing time and that we did everything to make your stay as perfect and marvellouse as possible.Words can not express my gratitude for being part of the Condesa Family during all these years. I will be sure to share your comments with everyone involved, comments like yours are a source of great motivation, as we can see our hard word reflected in a happy ¨Amigo Condesa¨.
We are looking forward to welcome you back and make every effort to exceed your expectations.

Warm greetings