“No Invoice*fatura* no response for email and call”

Mayafair Design Hotel
Ranked #137 of 176 Hotels in Cancun
Reviewed 31 August 2017

I was in the hotel from 19th to 26 August,2017 attending a conference. when I was enter hotel I asked could you provide invoice for my stay because its my business trip. the reception girl said yes. One day before leaving my stay I was asked about the invoice they said send an email we will generate your invoice(Factura) within five hours our finance team will respond you and gave one business card for email and phone number details. I tried from that day itself getting my invoice but still no response from other end. even I tried many times to the number which was in the card I cant reach. I need to submit bills for my office so who is responsible for this please reply to this at least and fix my problem.
Dr.J. Velusamy

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 August 2017 via mobile

Will never go back to that place. We paid for one night to check how the hotel was, but after an incident where one of the security guards in the parking lot punctured one tire on my vehicle because "he thought" we were not guests at the place. That caused me to buy a new tire. Not recommended. Even the staff at the place didn't care about it.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 July 2017 via mobile

Excellent location with many restaurants, bars, stores and a great supermarket within walking distance. Nightclub area is also near if you're into that. Nice, clean and modern rooms with a very comfortable bed although the TV has no English channels and the whole building itself (an ex shopping mall where every ex store has been turned into a room) looks a bit run down and could use some maintance and modernization; specially fixing those escalators that have apparently been broken down for YEARS (according to the staff themselves) as well as, and most importantly, making it ACCESIBLE for people with reduced mobility (going up and down 10-15 stairs to get to the reception and yet another 10-15 more to get to the rooms can be a real pain, specially for someone in a wheelchair which was our case even after we were told that the place was "accessible" (it is NOT).

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank paulynnita
Reviewed 23 April 2017

The showerhead was broken, the fridge didn't cool down. The in-unit AC broke down. The jacuzzi at the hotel didn't work. I didn't request room service and when I ran out of toilet paper I was told to wait for the next room service, I had to use paper tissue. The wifi signal was too weak so there was pretty much no wifi. The sink at the bathroom had rust.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
4  Thank alvarez520
Reviewed 24 February 2017

It appeared to be one of the original malls when Cancun was just starting out as a tourist attraction. The surrounding area and grounds were an old hotel that was being rejuvenated and the original Hard Rock. So sad to see it, but on the positive side the room was clean, safe and the staff was very nice. It was in walking distance to everything we need like the beach and good restaurants. We enjoyed it.

Room Tip: Rooms are all pretty much the same. It is a budget hotel but was very clean
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
crpspain, Director Comercial at Mayafair Design Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2017

Dear guest, Thank you very much to take your time to review our property. It was a pleasure to have you and will be an honor to welcome you again in your next trip to Cancun