“An adventure!!”

Price range: US$0 - US$22
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: View, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Restaurant owned by Royal Resorts Group , which specializes is the fresh fish and seafood in addition to a wide variety of choices for all tastes. We have a privileged view of the Nichupte Lagoon and every afternoon we can watch the awesome sunset of the Mexican Caribbean with the crocodiles who visit us each evening.
Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

So I hadn't eaten here because I'm not too big on seafood and steak... but I did indulge in the sailboat ride and it was amazing.. an excellent adventure to say the most! For $5 USD you can get a lesson on how to sail as well as an extra person. Once you both get the lesson you can go out on the water together and sail away.. it's nice out on the water, peaceful and serene and just a good time/place to chat with a friend and take in the beautiful nature... one of the best activities in Cancun!

Date of visit: August 2018
1  Thank constancefjf
Write a ReviewReviews (2,593)

Reviewed 18 September 2018

The food was fresh and scrumptious. The waiter was very helpful and very nice. I had wanted to stop by a few trips back and finally was able to make it. I will most likely go again on our next trip.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

We have been to Captain's Cove several times in the past and had no problem recommending it as an excellent seafood restaurant. We were here as recent as May 2018 and had several good meals and drinks. Something has happened for the worse. The location is still excellent obviously but the food quality has gone way down. We splurged to order the surf and turf . The lobster was overdone if you can believe it. The filet we ordered medium came back well done. I sent it back it came back medium well. I gave up. We came back another time and ordered the fresh fish special which was red snapper. Our fish was served way overdone. We did order it blackend so maybe my fault Again this is so unlike the Captain's cove we knew and loved.

Felix our waiter was excellent as always.

We will be back again next year I'm sure to give it another chance. If the cooking and the quality of the food remains the same we won't be back again.

Reviewed 15 September 2018

Captain's Cove is one of my all-time favorite restaurants! Eating outside on the lagoon is wonderful! Especially with the resident crocodile making his rounds, visiting the tables hoping for left overs! The service is great and the food is delicious! Recommend the calamari rings and pescadillas as appetizers. For the main course I love the local fish (grouper or snapper) char broiled, the captain's shrimp trio, and the octopus, crab, & shrimp risotto. If you have room for the dessert, order the brownie with vanilla ice cream!

Reviewed 11 September 2018 via mobile

WOW! We watched the sun set over the water in this amazing restaurant. Celerino our waiter, along with Victor our assistant waiter missed not a single detail in their service. I highly recommend the Caesar salad which is made FRESH tableside.
The view amazing! The food delicious! The service is the best! Best money spent. A must for a perfect dinner experience.