“MEH...”

Restaurante El Atrio
Ranked #8 of 66 Restaurants in Taxco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 13 October 2017 via mobile

Asked where to go for lunch while in a jewelry store that our driver took us to. Both driver and owner of store suggested this place as "the best restaurant". Ha! I am pretty sure all of these people are in cohoots and getting a kickback. My fault for not looking at TA first. I am a foodie and want to eat authentic food indigenous to where I am traveling. First clue when walking in, at lunch time, we were the only customers. Next clue, the menu: 4 choices, all inclusive. Choice of: Pork chop, chicken, or beef all served with mashed potatoes and steamed (restaurants still do that?) vegetables. 4th choice: enchiladas. We should have left at that point, but we were in a time crunch. Enchiladas were okay and all the food on the plate was lukewarm at best ( cheese wasn't even melted). Pork chop was mostly chewy and rest of the plate was bland. My advice, go somewhere else.

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

The service is excellent and some tables have views of the Zocalo. Prices are high for Taxco and the food is mediocre.

They seem to have brought me bread cut with a dirty knife (see photo)

Reviewed 24 June 2017

Right in the Zolalo. Again have to walk up many stairs. El Atrio is Mexican and Santa Prisca is pizza. Don't go when they have a bus tour. They give them a set menu and then you don't get any service.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The view from the several balconies is very pleasant. Restaurant is clean, comfortable. Guacamole was average. Wait staff very friendly.

Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I was there with a group tour, and we were taking there because it was "good for tourists" because they made the food "not spicy". Basically, they had a buffet of bland food: spaghetti, mashed potatoes... not what you'd expect to be eating in Mexico.
They do have a nice view, but the place lacks charm.