“2 restaurants in one”

Restaurante El Atrio
Ranked #7 of 66 Restaurants in Taxco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 June 2017

Right in the Zolalo. Again have to walk up many stairs. El Atrio is Mexican and Santa Prisca is pizza. Don't go when they have a bus tour. They give them a set menu and then you don't get any service.

Date of visit: June 2017

Reviewed 1 June 2017

The view from the several balconies is very pleasant. Restaurant is clean, comfortable. Guacamole was average. Wait staff very friendly.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 17 April 2017 via mobile

I was there with a group tour, and we were taking there because it was "good for tourists" because they made the food "not spicy". Basically, they had a buffet of bland food: spaghetti, mashed potatoes... not what you'd expect to be eating in Mexico.
They do have a nice view, but the place lacks charm.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 21 March 2017

We were on an all day tour with Monopolis Tours out of MX City. Drove down 19th century main street in Taxco after visiting Plateria Moreno silver shop. Parked and walked to El Atrio Restaurant for lunch. Gave us a set price menu with three soups, three meat dishes and either water or coffee for 165 Pesos. We tried the chicken and
vegetable soups and both were good. I had pork chops and my spouse chicken
and these were very tasty. Everyone was offered a piece of chocolate cake. We had three glasses of jimica between us instead of water or coffee and were billed 35
Pesos for each glass. We wanted to pay by credit card, but advised the machine did not work. Overall the food was good, the service ok and the cost higher than it should have been. Too many other interesting restaurants in town, many on rooftops, to go to this restaurant, if you have a choice.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed 11 March 2017 via mobile

I had a lovely late meal in this place.
If your group is small you can have your meal in the balcony (3 ppl) with a look at the main Plaza.
The service is really good and the food is good.
I read a book over my meal and my beer and with the afternoon settling down, it was just magical.

Date of visit: March 2017