“bit expensive”

Restaurante El Atrio
Ranked #8 of 66 Restaurants in Taxco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 1 January 2017

I took a day trip to Taxco from Mexico City on 12/30/16. The tour guide took us here, so we had no choice. The place looks clean and stylish. The view of the city and the mountain range is great. The set price is 165 pesos, and I select lentil soup, steak with bit steam vegetable, and an American coffee. Steak is good, but is not much. The coffee is very thin and bland, which is not as good as my instant coffee. I got a bottle of coke. They added service fee automatically. Overall, I paid 215 pesos, which is bit high by Mexican standard.

At one point, two singers were asked to sing a song called “The black Door.” The melody is not memorable, but I later googled the lyrics, which is wonderful. Here it is:

“It's closed already with three padlocks/ and riveted the black door/ because your parents are jealous/ and are afraid that I love you// They must think that being enclosed/ will make you stop loving me soon/ but not even the door or one hundred padlocks will/ be able stop me// But the door is not responsible/ that inside you are crying/ you love me and I love you/ the black door is superfluous/ Ask your father and mother/ if they ever enjoyed love/ if they loved each other/ was the door the black door also closed for them// But the door is not responsible/ that inside you are crying/ you love me and I love you/ the black door is superfluous.

Reviewed 20 December 2016

There are two parts to this restaurant, each with its own menu. El Atrio is great for Mexican food and views of the Zocalo if seated on the balcony. I personally prefer to eat on the terrace of the pizzeria (in the same building) with a view of the city. Servers will give you both restaurants menus and you can be served from either menu no matter where you choose to dine.
Cesar salad, lasagna, and cocktails are incredible!

Reviewed 14 October 2016 via mobile

The views were very good but the chicken enchiladas with mole sauce was superb. The corn chips were served with a broad range of salas that were delicious. The excellent food was half the price and multi fold the quality of a similarly located restaurant in Mexico City

Reviewed 14 September 2016

we like the food here and we particularly the view. Often the main room is empty so service is fast.

Reviewed 3 September 2016

Went there with a friend in May for her birthday. The views from the balcony or from an inside table are amazing. We had the prix fixe menu $165 MXP. It was plated nicely and sufficient for us. Afterwards we walked around Taxco.