Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
US$41
Free cancellation until 11/12/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$41
Free cancellation until 11/12/22
Vio.com
US$29
Expedia.comUS$33
Hotels.comUS$33
TravelocityUS$41
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 April 2019 via mobile

We were drawn to secure off street parking and have returned year after year for the genuine old world charm, great value, spacious rooms, and accommodating staff. The male peacock usually spreads his tail for us. Spectacular! We always have breakfast next to the large hearth, always with a fire against the morning chill. Don’t think fancy, think rustic. Don’t miss a visit to the nearby old Merposur market, a journey into old Mexico. Take a taxi to Centro. We’ve never had to wait.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

It is pretty, very rustic, located 10 minutes driving outside of the city center, reasonably priced. The best thing about this place, no joke, is the signage. No matter from which direction you approach San Cristobal, there are huge signs directing you here. However, we were there in December and the rooms were quite cold. The lighting in the room is poor and the drainage in the shower is not good so after the four of us took showers the whole bathroom floor was covered in water. The WORST part of this hotel was the unintentional show we got while eating in the restaurant they have (food there is not great but it will fill the hole). Someone was taking a shower in their room- it was night so obviously they had the light on and holy smoke we could see EVERYTHING! They have that thick textured glass and no curtains in the bathroom. I was very conscientious after that when dressing and showering. I meant to say something when we were checking out because it was kind of embarrassing but i forgot. If you are in the restaurant with the fire on your left it was the room on the ground floor on the left corner. Hopefully someone from the hotel will read this and do something to secure privacy for guests! I am giving three stars compared to other hotels we visited in Chiapas. Third world country, different standards.

Date of stay: December 2017
1  Thank 353fionak
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed at Hacienda Don Juan Hotel towards the end of the month of May and I'm not sure what to think of it just yet... I have mixed reviews of the place and I will share them with you with as much detail as possible.
I came to Chiapas with some coworkers and we stayed here for 4 nights too many... had I come with my husband, we wouldn't have stayed at all, but because I was here with my someone other than him, and I can't be TOO picky when I'm with others, I HAD to stay!

#1- the place is VERY rustic looking-cool if that's your thing, but it's not mine! Our room had a damp, musty smell to it and no ceiling fan or A/C for that matter (weather was nice that we didn't need it but would have been nice to have some ventilation)

#2- Wi-Fi was horrible! Went from working okay to disconnect the next second!

#3- There were 3 of us who stayed in the room and we only had 3 towels... okay, so we go to the front desk to ask for more towels and we were told that they didn't have any more towels!! Seriously? Typically, in other hotels I have stayed at, I call the front desk and they have extra towels... here, they only have 3 towels for the maybe 40 rooms!! Not good...

#4- The restroom had a motion sensor that turned off the light WHILE I WAS STILL IN THERE !! I was showering or brushing my teeth and it would turn off... I would wave my hands or move around, and it would not turn on!! WTF

#5- I could hear my neighbors talking through the thin walls! I heard snoring and a baby cry at 3 am!! And footsteps from upstairs as well!

Overall, if you are into the whole rustic look, with quaint little fireplaces and wrought iron fixtures... then this place is for you. Otherwise, there are more places to choose from! I will not come back here!!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Marisol O
Reviewed 27 May 2017

Mere words and pictures cannot adequately describe this amazing hotel . It is truly a SHANGRI-LA in the middle of town away from the very congested centro historico. Its truly a HISTORIC Hacienda loaded with antiques, memoralbia, and artifacts. the grounds are very green and well maintained.

our room #3 was right in front for very easy loading & unloading our car. for tose without a car its only a short 15 minute cab ride to centro district.

the beds are SUPER COMFY and so restfull. wi-fi worked flawlessly. the restaurant was reasonable priced we ate breakfasts only as we went sightseeing the major part of the day.

the price is truly Reasonable for the great ambiance...located in a residential/light commercial area but very quiet as its surrounded by walls.

WE will be BACK!!!

Room tip: #3 right in front if you have car
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Whale Shark D
Reviewed 7 May 2017 via mobile

Created out of an old hacienda and it's a bit like stepping into the past. Rooms are spacious and beds cozy with elegant sheets. Inquire at reception for rooms with best internet. Book directly with hotel to have continental breakfast included. The resident peacock is spectacular.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple