All reviews separate buildings quaint town twin room main square charming hotel lovely courtyard wood burning loved this hotel cable tv rooms are spacious fireplace balcony street block cathedral antiques chiapas
Reviewed 24 June 2018

My friend and I LOVED this hotel. The property was just so beautiful and well kept. I love places with inner courtyards! The location was great too - just a short walk to the main square & cathedral. Our room was a nice size and had a cute little balcony that was sort of inside-outside - nice for the chilly evenings and mornings! The bathroom was kind of small, but not to a fault. The staff were nice, although we did not have very much interaction with them, aside from check-in and check-out. It got pretty chilly at night, but I found that the blankets were enough to keep us toasty. We didn't need to purchase any additional wood for the fireplace. We didn't eat in the restaurant, although I heard good things about it.

I will definitely stay here again the next time I'm in SCdlC!

Room tip: Get a room with a balcony!
Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2018

We had the best time in this hotel. Location is perfect.

Rooms are small, but perfect size for a place where you're just gonna sleep.
There's a restaurant in the middle of the hotel, so cute and perfect for a talk with friends.

My only issue was that we had a BIG floor to ceiling window and on the other side was the hall, so, if I wanted to had the sun light in, everyone who was walking down the hall could see everything on my room. Just be sure to ask for a room without this type of windows.
And also, on the bathroom, the window on the shower had a sight to the second floor hallway, so you had to close the window when you where showering if you didn't want someone to see you.

I would definitely will stay here again. I can be with the blinds and the bathroom window closed for that quality and price.

Room tip: They close the doors on the lobby at night, just knock and wait for someone to open them.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Gerencia D, Gerente at Diego De Mazariegos, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2018

Dear Gretchen B:

Thank you for giving us your comments. We are glad to know that you have enjoy your stay with us.
We hope to see you again very soon!!!
Best regards

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Very clean, well located.
Awful beds, price vs quality and amenities expensive
Breakfast better than continental.
Wifi only on common areas
Parking behind the front entrance.
Fire place included inside room
Don’t have fitness place.
Cable TV.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Gerencia D, Gerente at Diego De Mazariegos, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2018

Dear Mr.:

Thank you for your comments, wich help us to improve our services. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 24 February 2018

We stayed here for a few nights at the start of our Chiapas trip. It was quite cold, and this hotel did not have heating.
The breakfast was good - lots to choose from. Wifi could only be accessed in reception, which was not very convenient.
Lovely courtyard, great in warmer weather. It was a shame that there was not a lounge or bar in this hotel. Overall, I would stay here again, easy parking.

Room tip: For security, and quiet, choose a room away from the car park.
Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Gerencia D, Gerente at Diego De Mazariegos, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2018

Dear sarshill:
Thank you very much for your comments, we are glad to know you will stay again with us in your next visit to San Cristóbal. We are taking note of your comments to improve our services and make your stay more comfortable.
Best regads

Reviewed 24 February 2018

This lovely colonial style hotel is centrally located in the quaint town of San Cristobal de las Casals. The hotel is spit into 2 separate buildings. The rooms are spacious and decorated in the old Spanish style. Plumbing perhaps is not the best, but adequate. Breakfast is good. Service is with a smile.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Dear Oakworthgirl:
Thank you for your comments, we are pleased to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us.
Best regards