All reviews living area private courtyard minute walk watch netflix booked private tours contemporary hotel counter area coffee table junior suite dinner reservations small kitchenette sliding glass door wonderful hotel separate rooms tacos flat screen tv textile museum
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We spent 10 nights here, very comfortable junior suite, new building. Our kitchen included an induction stove, which was new to us but was very efficient once we had managed to figure it out! Breakfast in the open-air dining room nicely served and depending on who was cooking that morning there were differently cooked eggs which was nice. Service very pleasant and helpful though very little English spoken - of course the problem was that our Spanish was very limited! But unfailingly helpful staff, the night watchman, the receptionist, the wait staff all very pleasant. Lovely courtyard entrance with trees. I'd stay here again, though some people might find the 10 blocks' walk to the center a bit much. There are local markets to buy drinks and food within 2 blocks. We did not meet the owners.

Room Tip: Suites 7 and 9 are at the back of the hotel, farthest from the street, and are quiet.
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends
DulceAda14, Gerente at Marialicia Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2018

Thanks for stayed with us, we are so happy to know that you enjoyed your time with us.
Unfortunatelly we were not at the City, but we feel so proud with our team at the hotel, be sure I will let them know your comments, they will feel so happy!!
Hope to see you again in a future.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

I happened upon this wonderful hotel by accident, but what a happy accident. I was scheduled to go on a hike but hurt my leg so needed to find a hotel fast due to the holiday Guelaguetza taking place the days I needed a hotel. I saw Marialicia Suites had a vacancy and I was extremely thrilled.

The rooms are the largest I have stayed in Oaxaca in my 12 days here. The accommodations are modern and well appointed. Small details like Twinning mint tea for breakfast or Hagen Dazs ice cream as a snack are highly appreciated.

The breakfast was amazing; the best pancakes and bacon I’ve had during my 2 weeks in Mexico. Also the staff are true gems. The reception desk was always helpful. The cleaning staff were immediately responsive to any request I had.

I highly recommend this hotel. I look forward to telling my friends back in NYC about this hotel. It has everything to make your trip to Oaxaca wonderful and memorable.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with friends

Mr. Michael:
Thanks for your comments, we feel so proud to know that your stayed with us was great!!
Will be wonderful to see you again in a future.

Reviewed 1 July 2018

Hotel is fairly new and very well maintained. Well furnished and comfortable suites surround a modern and light filled common area. Best aspect of the hotel is the extremely welcoming and helpful staff and the location of the hotel. Hotel is within easy walking distance of most tourist zone shops, restaurants and historical attractions. However it is far enough from central core of the city to avoid crowds and noise. Would be very disappointed if hotel was not available for my next visit. .

Room Tip: Design of the complex makes all rooms very quiet. However rear junior suites are extra quiet and private.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

On behalf of MARIALICIA SUITES, all the staff want to thank your comments, It is so greatful to read that you had a wonderful experience at the hotel.
Will be great to see you again in a future, you will always have a Suite available with us.

Reviewed 9 June 2018

Great place to stay, everything they offer is great quality. From the food, service, amenities, cleanliness, to the hygienic products. It’s located centrally we were able to walk to near by restaurants and even walked to Historic Center. We will definitely return to Marialicia Suites.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DulceAda14, Gerente at Marialicia Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2018

Miss Infante:
Thanks for your comments...., We would like to see you again in MARIALICIA SUITES, it was a pleasure to have met you!!
My best regards always!!

Reviewed 7 April 2018

This hotel was attractive, comfortable and conveniently located. The staff was warm and friendly and Dulce and Javier, the owners were helpful and kind. Dulce answered all of our questions and also arranged for a wonderful driver, Andros, to give us a day tour to Monte Alban and Etla. We loved our nine days at Marialicia Suites.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
DulceAda14, Gerente at Marialicia Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2018

On behalf of MARIALICIA SUITES, we would like to thank your stayed at the hotel.
Hope to see you again in a future.