“Favorite new restaurant in Oaxaca - good options sin gluten”
Review of Boulenc

Boulenc
Ranked #1 of 2 Bakeries in Oaxaca
Price range: US$1 - US$5
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Boulenc its an artisan bakery. Our specialty its bread made with traditional techniques. We have a menu with breakfasts, coffee, juices, etc. this menu its available Monday to Friday from 8:30 am to 4:00pm and Saturdays from 8:30 am to 2:00pm We have a small bar to seat and eat, this bar has capacity for 6 persons. On Fridays we make pizzas from 2:30 pm to 8:00 pm Regardless the fact that our place its quite small you will find it very cozy with very friendly staff. Come and try a new concept of bakery in Oaxaca!!!
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I used to go to Boulenc when it was just a cafe across the street but it became my favorite new restaurant when it moved to the bigger space. It IS hard to find - not obvious unless the doors are wide open but I was pleasently surprised when I went into the restaurant. I have been cutting gluten out of my diet and usually avoid bakeries, but they have a flourless chocolate cake that is incredibly rich and hits the spot for any kind of chocolate cake craving. The soups and salads were really great. I could bring my little dog in with me. I love the kind of funky, chill, hipster atmosphere and people were really friendly. I couldn't each many of the baked goods but many of my friends make it a point to stop by there on a regular basis.

Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Discovered this place on our last day in Oaxaca and honestly would have stayed longer just to carry on going eating here. At first I thought, how great can a bakery be but my goodness, Boulenc was fantastic. The food may take a while to appear but the options on the menu are fantastic, the food is delicious and the bakery options are mouthwatering too!

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We walked by several times before realizing the restaurant beyond the nondescript entrance. Once inside, it appeared like an old hacienda with not much decoration other than mostly broken pots with live plants that lined the walls and the cocoon-like light fixtures above. Mismatched chairs and cable spool tables made the seating arrangement.

The food made up for any lacking visual appeal. I had the shushka and a bite of the pancakes. Fresh, natural and flavorful ingredients. All three of us were happy campers. The cappuccino coffee was beautifully adorned by a talented barista.

Accept credit cards...but there is a 5% commission

Sent from my iPhone

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

The food was good but the service was questionable. My husband didn't receive his second cup of coffee until he asked for it twice. Also he did not receive the extra order of bacon but it was on our bill. We just paid for it and didn't bring it to the attention of our server.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

I still dream of this place.
Their freshly baked bread and croissants are amazing and the fillings and toppings are just as good. Prices are insanely reasonable. If you miss this place while you’re in Oaxaca you’re a fool.