All reviews presidential suite swimming pool delightful hotel quiet space breakfast was included oaxaca city rooms are small fluent in english walking distance to everything amazing location hierve el agua monte alban points of interest few blocks public areas three nights convent
Reviewed 18 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed as part of a tour and loved the quaint-ness of this converted old convent. The courtyards and poolside spaces are absolutely lovely, and the rooms, while small are quaint.
However, management are very 'cost concious' to be polite. I have never had to sign for the TV and A/C remotes plus the safe and room keys on threat of 1000 pesos each on non-return. No bathroom plug, no water supplied until asked, and breakfast was sparse and had to be pre-order the night before, by group majority.

Date of stay: May 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Adubnz
Reviewed 8 May 2018

This hotel is centrally located, but unfortunately, I did not enjoy my stay. Don't expect any elevators and the pool is so dirty, I felt bad for the people swimming in it. The room itself had a short staircase to the bed, which I thought was so inconvenient! It didn't add anything to the room, and in fact, made it more cramped. And what if I walked right in for the first time without turning on the light? I would've fallen down that stupid staircase! The phones don't work so I had to skype call the front desk to tell them a maid didn't clean my room only to find out that there are no 24/7 maids and I would have to wait until the next day. Though to their credit, they asked me if I needed towels and I just asked if they could take my garbage out. The restaurant is terrible. Do NOT eat there, especially when there are restaurants close by that are open pretty late. I guess the cost is worth it for the location, but if you can dig deeper to find something better, I would do so.

Date of stay: May 2018
Hotel B, Gerente at Hotel CasAntica, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2018

Dear Miss Annie
We appreciate the time it took to write us your comments.
I commented that regarding the elevators and the staircase in the room are structural issues that, because the hotel is an Ex Convento and part of the historical monument of Oaxaca can not be modified, besides that in all the pages where the hotel these details are specified.
We have staff 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the room cleaning service has a specific schedule in relation to our check-in and check-out times, so we regret that what you have said in relation to the cleaning, we will take action on the asuto to not happen again.
Sincerely.

Reviewed 13 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed 2 nights at this small but centrally located hotel - at a very reasonable rate. Rooms are small and a bit dark but for the money are good value. Both stays, the rooms were clean and fresh. Bathrooms are a little dated but functional and as clean as could be made.

Although the rooms (103 and 301) were a little disappointing the public areas were delightful and very charming. Breakfast was also good. Valet parking worked well (a bit complicated given the central location) and cases delivered promptly. Quite a few stairs to negotiate on the upper levels.

Enjoy.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank robk742
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Loved CasAntica!! If you're looking for a unique place to stay and don't want the American hotel experience, this is where to go. Clean, very well maintained, lovely layout in this old convent. Rooms are on the small side, but perfect for us. Beds very comfortable, great daily service. We ate breakfast daily in the hotel restaurant and loved the fresh fruit. Great for families and couples that enjoy being with families. Great location, near the Zocalo but quiet at night. Most of clientele was Mexican, which was a plus for us, and the staff is fluent in English. We would return here in a heartbeat! Highly recommend for a rich local experience.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank CACahill
Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We are staying for two nights
Rooms are incredibly small
Changing the towels was more than difficult
There was no hair dryer in the room
Tried to complain to manager and / or owner but they refused to be contacted
They were supposed to have booked a table at a restaurant in town and when we arrived the reservation had not been made
Very good location and good restaurant service. Rest a nightmare
By the way I said I would complain on TripAdvisor and they couldn’t care less
It’s the first time ever I have such a lousy service with complete lack of interest to assist customers

Date of stay: March 2018