“Not just the best pizza but truly great food”
Review of Mexita

Mexita
Ranked #3 of 539 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Price range: US$11 - US$22
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mexita es un restaurante de cocina SurItaliana, de antiguas origines Napolitanas.
Reviewed 11 February 2018 via mobile

We went twice in one week with four people so we got to try a lot of dishes. The pasta is superior. The salads are wonderful. The calamari looked amazing but we were trying not to eat fried foods. When the calamari came to three tables around us, we acknowledged the error of our ways. The service is kind and efficient. The owner is determined that you will love it. This is way more than a pizza restaurant. This is fine dining for about $40-$50 per couple with wine and lots of food. The restaurant is about ten minutes from downtown by cab that costs $2 to $3 each way. You will not be disappointed. Just forget your calories this one night. Half portions make it easy to try many dishes. The food is hand made and will make you believe you fell from a cloud into Italy. No molé here.

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

We were greeted right away and looked after so well. The staff is friendly and helpful and the owner so engaging! Salad was delicious and fresh, pizza crust was perfect and toppings ideal .... the crowning glory was the owner bringing his homemade limoncello to finish the meal .... oh and that amazing bread ....

Reviewed 20 January 2018 via mobile

The wood-fired oven blazing away and warm welcome are the first good signs. The uncomplicated menu and kind service are the next. We ordered a classic pizza margherita and it arrived in just minutes - proof that the oven was indeed running at true Neopolitan temperatures. A flawless pizza, half carafe of house wine and the joy of listening to the owner charming the next table in Italian and Spanish as he plied them with homemade Limoncello. A great experience!

Reviewed 5 January 2018

Our last night in lovely Oaxaca, my two traveling companions surprised us with this lovely restaurant. A first time for the four of us. I started with a carpaccio and arugula salad. first rate beef and perfect simple salad. Then I had the papadellie (spe) with proccuto, tomato & mushrooms, fantastic! My Roman friend who is a chef pronounced "that's the way fresh pasta should be cooked" and I agree. The two Italians shared a pizza and the Sicilian said "Just like in Sicily. But the bread was so good, I asked if I could buy a loaf to take home on our way to Acapulco. They apologized that they could not so, I stuffed the remainder in my pockets. On leaving the restaurant they handed me a bag of bread as a gift. The servings are quite large. The waitress was also charming and delightful. It was an easy, inexpensive taxi ride from the center and in a very good neighborhood.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

This was a wonderful family stop for pizza. The service was perfect, the pizza and other food wer delicious and the atmosphere was great. Easy to find and highly recommend. Reasonable price too.

Been to Mexita? Share your experiences!