“With my Sicilian & Roman Italian friends.”
Review of Mexita

Mexita
Ranked #1 of 565 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mexita es un restaurante de cocina SurItaliana, de antiguas origines Napolitanas.
Reviewed 5 January 2018

Our last night in lovely Oaxaca, my two traveling companions surprised us with this lovely restaurant. A first time for the four of us. I started with a carpaccio and arugula salad. first rate beef and perfect simple salad. Then I had the papadellie (spe) with proccuto, tomato & mushrooms, fantastic! My Roman friend who is a chef pronounced "that's the way fresh pasta should be cooked" and I agree. The two Italians shared a pizza and the Sicilian said "Just like in Sicily. But the bread was so good, I asked if I could buy a loaf to take home on our way to Acapulco. They apologized that they could not so, I stuffed the remainder in my pockets. On leaving the restaurant they handed me a bag of bread as a gift. The servings are quite large. The waitress was also charming and delightful. It was an easy, inexpensive taxi ride from the center and in a very good neighborhood.

Reviewed 26 November 2017

This was a wonderful family stop for pizza. The service was perfect, the pizza and other food wer delicious and the atmosphere was great. Easy to find and highly recommend. Reasonable price too.

Reviewed 16 November 2017 via mobile

Such a treat to have this Napoli Italian restaurant here in Oaxaca. The best Italian here! So fresh and light and not over done. They hand make over 15 cheeses, you can try 50g most for 50 pesos each. All pastas hand made, fresh local mushrooms and vegis. The pizza was perfect. The owner, very down to earth, is there daily greeting people, telling stories. He offers his hand made lemoncello and mandarin liquor, which are delicious.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Mexita is a little to the north of downtown Oaxaca, a $40 taxi ride. Definitely worth the ride for the food.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

Food in Oaxaca is good, but if you are around in July you may wish to escape from the noise of the city centre and eat a very good Italian Pizza. This is the place: quite, good service, very good original Napoli pizza!