“Real Pizza - like in Napoli!!!”
Review of Mexita

Mexita
Ranked #18 of 513 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mexita es un restaurante de cocina SurItaliana, de antiguas origines Napolitanas.
Reviewed 26 July 2017

Food in Oaxaca is good, but if you are around in July you may wish to escape from the noise of the city centre and eat a very good Italian Pizza. This is the place: quite, good service, very good original Napoli pizza!

Reviewed 10 July 2017

This is a solid option for Italian with a seafood tilt. I had the pasta with clam assortment which was excellent. For travelers, this is a good chance to get out of Centro an everyday life feel of particular aspect of the city/society. The service is top notch. My 4 rating is strictly because I felt it is a tad overpriced. Highly recommend it for a special occasion though.

Reviewed 4 July 2017 via mobile

We came here because a) we read the reviews from trip advisor b) it was close to where we were staying.
I would like to say the pizza was amazing!!! We tried the Mexita and OMG... it was so delicious!! the pizza dough was perfect and all the ingredients were super fresh!!! I recommend this place 100%... if you are in Oaxaca, this is a place to eat, for sure!!

Reviewed 14 April 2017 via mobile

I love Italian food, have never been to Italy, but this must be what it's like. OMG was this some good food.

Others have outlined the ownership and his practices, so I'll refrain. Suffice it to say this is as good as you'll find outside of Italy.

We had the half size "Mexita" pizza as an appetizer. Wow. The crust was light, the arugula was perfect, and the prosciutto was delicate.

I had the pappardelle alla montelese - pasta with a couple of mushroom varieties and tomato sauce. That was bordering on the best pasta I've ever had.

My companion had the gnocchi alla sorrentina and said it was some of the bedt she's ever had.

We had a portion of the house merlot - it was good.

Service was outstanding. Go. Eat there.

Make reservations though!!

Reviewed 10 April 2017

We were looking for a casual Italian restaurant that would allow us to bring our chihuahua with us. Besides allowing our little pet, Mexita turned out to be everything we'd hope to have in a restaurant experience. All the staff, including the Italian chef/owner, were very friendly and the service was very attentive. We ate on the patio which was next to the pizza oven. We had a fun time watching the pizza makers throw the dough into the air, which is something of a lost art in most restaurants. Also, the food was fantastic. We had a pizza and a puttanesca & squid dish, both were wonderful. It was a fun dining experience that I recommend for couples and families.