“The "only " Itlalian restaurant to visit when in Oaxaca.”
Review of Mexita

Mexita
Ranked #2 of 577 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Price range: US$11 - US$21
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Mexita es un restaurante de cocina SurItaliana, de antiguas origines Napolitanas.
Reviewed 28 September 2016

This review is long overdue for my wife and I have been patrons of Mexita for years.
My wife and I are in the hospitality business with 3 B&B's we run with our family as well as several apartments in downtown Oaxaca. Mexita is always on the top of the list of places to eat when speaking with our new guest. It is the only place to go to with friends visiting from out of town who are in the mood for Italian.
Enrique has done a fabulous job in creating his venue and his dishes. For those who do not know he make his own mozzarella, pizza dough and sauce, wine, lemoncello and most of his pasta. He is paralytically proud of his seafood that he has brought in specail.
We have never been disappointed with the the dning experience either as a couple or in a group of 14. The food is always fresh and hot, presented beautifully and timely, and most important, always delicious.
So, if you happen to be in the mood for Italian while in Oaxaca, look no further than Mexita. Mangiare bene!!!!

Reviewed 10 September 2016

A group of us went here for a meal on our final night in Oaxaca, and to celebrate the birthday of one of our group. The restaurant has a great ambience, and we had about four pizzas between us. The pizzas were great, and the desserts we had (Tiramisu, Profiteroles, and Red Berry Cake) were also very good.
Prices are pretty high here, but the food was excellent, and the pizzas were cooked in a proper pizza oven in front of you.
As we were celebrating a birthday, the restaurant also kindly put a candle on one of the desserts to help us with the celebration, which I thought was a nice touch. Service was very good and attentive.

Reviewed 16 August 2016 via mobile

Nice place to come for something NOT Mexican. Loved the wood oven pizzas and fresh arugula salads. Great service and looking forward to returning in October when I want something non Mexican. Got to keep and eye out for it but worth the effort!

Reviewed 18 July 2016

As an Italian who has spent a lot of time in Naples, I am very picky with my pizza, however Mexita was like entering the center of Naples. Incredibly authentic Italian food and perfect for a fancy occasion (I went for my birthday). The owner is present, speaking Italian to his coworkers and offering diners a shot of his delicious home-made limoncello at the end of their meals.

Reviewed 12 June 2016 via mobile

I've been reading that the place is managed by an Italian so (being Italian too) I wanted to try some real Italian pizza after months of Mexican food: not disappointed at all!! The pizza is the real one from Napoli, the best I've found here in Mexico up to now and better of many places in Italy too. Trust me and try it!

Agli italiani che passano di qua dico solo di fidarsi ciecamente! Il padrone del locale (Napoletano è gentilissimo) sa veramente fare la pizza e con ingredienti ottimi. consigliato!!

Para los Mexicanos: si quieren probar la verdadera pizza italiana este es el lugar donde ir !!

2  Thank Manuel F