See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 January 2016 via mobile

Very disappointing. I booked a Villa because I was traveling with my husband and another couple. The reason why I booked this hotel was because of its location so I asked several times if the Villa was located downtown and I was assured it was.
My husband and I arrived on Friday and were told our villa was not available, so we stayed at the main hotel for the first night. This was ok since the rooms are spacious and my friends were arriving until Saturday.
On Saturday morning we went sightseeing and later returned to the hotel to pick up our luggage to move to the villa.
A staff member from the hotel rode with us in our car, and it was until that moment (7pm) that we found out the Villa was located 7kms away.

I was VERY disappointed since I wouldn't have booked this hotel if I had know that the Villa assigned was not located in the downtown area.

We tried getting another villa or room assigned and the hotel staff could not arrange anything for us; we were all tired and decided to settle in the villa. It is a little house with 2 bedrooms and a tiny bathroom.
The worst part.... We found food on the refrigerator that I guess belonged to a prior guest. Made me wonder how clean the rest of the place is.
See photo.

Date of stay: January 2016
1  Thank alequinterooria
Reviewed 14 May 2015

We stayed in the Villa associated with Casa Davina. We were actually not aware it was not at the same location as the hotel but we didn't really mind as it was still in a good location. I had been to Oaxaca several times and still love the place. It was okay and the staff was good that was there. I actually got sick and the maid was actually very helpful. She checked on me several times. The kitchenette was nice but of course the food is so good and well priced you rarely eat at home. There are many great places to walk to to eat. Ate all the usual places. Didn't seem that La Biznaga was nearly as good as before service not great, but Mezzalina great and my favorite Cafe Olla.

Room tip: make sure you know exactly where location is it is not at Casa Divina Hotel
Date of stay: March 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Texasfan1
Reviewed 1 March 2015

As the title suggests, we were a little disappointed with our stay here.
It wasn't that it was awful, just maybe that we expected more. We stayed for five nights, and while the room was spacious and clean; the staff friendly and helpful, there were just a few small gripes that made it not perfect. Like the music streaming from a speaker right outside our door from early morning 'til late at night, which wouldn't be turned off no matter how many times we asked.. The sales pitch we were unwittingly subjected to on our first morning.. And the lack of any natural light due to our window looking onto the interior courtyard.
In Divina's defence, it is in a great location - very central but on a quite street.

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed 28 October 2014

Spent a week in Oaxaca at the Casa Divina Villas. Great location and very spacious accommodation. We were able to walk to the zocalo and all the landmarks. Oaxaca seems to be a city that doesn't really come to life until around noon but stays up late!

Date of stay: October 2014
Reviewed 22 September 2014

We were here for four nights during Mexican Independence weekend. The hotel is located a few blocks from the Zocalo. Is very clean and the staff is friendly. No fuss or frills here, comfy bed, quite atmosphere and Mexican charm. There is no restaurant in this property, but you don’t need it because there are plenty of restaurants in the Zocalo.

Take advantage of the discount they offer for some restaurants in the area.

They also offer tour tickets to Mitla and Monte Alban for $250 pesos per person, pick up at the hotel included, but if you walk to the Zocalo you can find the same tours for $200 pesos. Be aware that none of these tour companies include entrance fee to the main attractions, but they go somewhere between $10 to $60 pesos per person. Make sure to ask in advance

There is no airport shuttle to or from this location, but a cab from the airport goes around $250 pesos and from the hotel $150, who knew!

Date of stay: September 2014