“Great restaurant”
Review of Pitiona

Pitiona
Reserve with OpenTable
Pitiona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 512 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Pitiona began with a clear vision: to recuperate the flavors of Oaxacan cuisine from the coast, the Mixtec region and the valley, but with a new twist, of the spoon so to speak, to what is traditional so that our family recipes would not be lost. In an effort to respect, care for and promote our country, all of our products—in and out of the kitchen—are Mexican: from the olive oil to the sea salt and unrefined sugar, from the wine to the mescal. Not only do we surprise you with our cuisine, we also do so with the restaurant’s ambience. That is why Oaxacan artists have made exclusive work to be admired here: Adan Paredes’ ceramics dazzle the walls and Omar Hernandez’s work beautifies our tables. You can also contemplate the art of other Oaxacan artists on a continual basis thanks to the Quetzalli Gallery’s rotating exhibitions.
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

We saw a good review for this restaurant on Google maps and decided to try it. I had the red snapper and my husband had duck magret. It was delicious! The ambience was very nice and the service very good

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Pitiona is a different way to experience one of the most impressive Mexican food. You can travel from sophisticated flavors to the simplicity of the rural traditions. Pitiona it is a must if you are searching for the next level of Mexican cuisine.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

Then you better go to the Pitiona.
I have been dining in many restaurants around the world. Whether 1 or 5 stars. What I was able to experience today in the Pitiona has expanded my point of view many times and raised my taste buds to a new quality level.
When I think of a good restaurant, I always go from the food. At a second place, I look at its message and its implementation. And last but not least, I rate the service and the price / performance ratio.

Often, during the course of life, one gets to know restaurants, where 2-3 quality characteristics apply. But what if restaurant meet all the characteristics ?!

The Pitiona is quite inconspicuous in a side street of the Santo Domingo cathedral and makes no preparations to draw attention. Rather, one leads the intuition into this wonderful food temple. Inside, a clear, but very detailed and lovingly designed structure awaits you. The little things are
important and here you experience the little things in a whole new look. Whether you need extra-cut cutlery or particularly fine thin-walled glasses that embrace your lips. We pay attention to the smallest feature. If you order a main court, this is not only served simply - it is an experience, an art form that is presented. This is rounded off by an excellent service,
where the guest and the food to be eaten are in the focus.

If you have finally recovered from this sensory explosion and you look at the bill, you can sit back and enjoy the moment.
Here proving once again, that an excellent food, a fantastic staff and a successful presentation do not have to be expensive.

Thanks for this exceptional experience.

I will be back

1  Thank Marc M
Reviewed 17 August 2017 via mobile

Every disk I ordered is great.
For appetiser I ordered Smoked salad and it did smoked! And taste good too.
As for main course I had Pork belly tacos, and finished with Bunueno. All of them are great.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

this place has a great location, the food is good also service, the porkbelcy taco is amazing, not so expesive