All reviews designed beautifully wedding planning green juice beautiful hotel frijoles rooftop bar few blocks main sights rooms are comfortable air conditioner nice room walking distance central courtyard tlayuda cactus privacy
Reviewed 3 May 2018

This is more like a hostal than a hotel. Rooms are very small. Bathrooms are not what one expects....the shower water runs into the room if a towel is not placed on floor. The price is too high in comparison to very good hotels in the area. Restaurant is not too good. It is however very well situated and its staff is top notch.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank cataskein
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul de Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

Dear guest,
We appreciate your comments and I am sorry that we not having met your expectations. Your comments are very important for us, thank you very much.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Beautiful hotel with a nice touch. Breakfast is good but started a little late all days we stayed. Service in general is good. I would suggest the mgmt to consider ways to reduce noise in the rooms. May be all the hotels in the area are like that but I feel rustic touch could be mixed with modern ways to make your stay more comfortable.

2  Thank Rafamar

Dear guest,
Thank you for your comments and suggestions we really appreciate it!

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

This is the 3rd stay at the hotel.
No change, the stay was full of delight.

Room
A room is well cleaned and gives you a comfortable stay.
At the first day, when you enter the room, you can find fruits and chocolate.
And you can take mercado bag for laundry service, I think this will be good for shopping.

Breakfast
Changed to buffet.
Some dishes are served with mole and frijoles and they are good.
I think even if you don't like these kind of traditional foods, they can serve you well.
In fact, I liked them.
Especially, I liked costilla de cerdo the best.
The dishes are changed everyday, so you'll not be bored.

Staff
Staff has good experience, in fact, most of them remain working for long time.
So they can be a good support.
And the owner is also friendly and we don't feel any barrier.
My daughter played for long time with her son.

My wife and daughter like this hotel.
If by chance, we can go to Oaxaca again, we'll choose this hotel without doubt.

Dear guest,
Is wonderful to know that you were happy in Oaxaca and Hotel Azul, you and your family are welcome always at the hotel, thank you very much for your comments and come back soon!.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

When I arrived at the hotel they could not find my reservation. Gave me a room anyway and told me they would look into it. A few hours later called to let me know it was found, had been paid for and included breakfast. It looks like a small hacienda, but the rooms have all been redone...each by a different artist. Very charming. Staff is exceptional. Very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was incredible. If you eat a full breakfast you don't need to eat the rest of the day. Had dinner there twice..small menu but food is fabulous.

Room Tip: top floor is the quietest...away from the street
  • Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
2  Thank rangodog

Dear guest,
Thank you for write about the hotel Azul, your opinion are very important for us and is wonderful to know that you enjoyed your stay with us!

Reviewed 28 March 2018 via mobile

We liked this place. Staff was friendly and responsive. Breakfasts (only meals we ate there) were quite good. Kind of rustic, which gave it a local feel. They lost a star for us because we had air conditioner problems two nights; the second night was especially irksome because we’d reported it the first night.

1  Thank doug B
Hotel Azul d, Gerente at Hotel Azul de Oaxaca, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2018

Dear guest, We appreciate your comments and we really sorry for didn't give you a solution on time. Thank you for your visit!