“Family lunch at New Year's Eve ”
Review of Marco Polo

Marco Polo
Ranked #31 of 510 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Great seafood and very good service, friendly close and attentive. Good guachinancho a la talla, excellent langostinos and nice location - down to earth, unpretentious- in the middle of a garden. Many locals, few tourists

Reviewed 23 December 2016 via mobile

This is one of the best places you can visit. Food is great. You must try the red snapper soup and ceviches. Excellent attention and nice ambient. This is not s cheap place but it worths.

Reviewed 6 December 2016

I had the camarones asadas (oven roasted shrimp) plate and desert of the roasted plantain and a pitcher of limonada. I've enjoyed eating here over the past 6 odd years and it has maintained the quality and service. Note the name seems to have changed to Mana although the staff and menu are the same.

Reviewed 10 April 2016

We've had dinner here on previous trips to Oaxaca, but have heard about their breakfasts and decided to give it a try. We went twice, and it did not disappoint. A good sign that you notice almost immediately is that this place is very popular among the locals! They serve espresso drinks, which is always a step in the right direction for me, and have a good menu of Mexican and American breakfasts. I had the chiliquiles one time and a bacon and egg breakfast the second--it's all good.

We also had dinner once, and I had the same salmon dinner I had the previous year, and it was still delicious. Can't remember what my husband had, but know that he liked it. He's not much on fish, but can still find something to eat that he likes. The ambience is very nice and the wait staff is all that you could ask for--friendly and competent. Prices are moderate.

1  Thank mrstuna
Reviewed 16 March 2016

We heard that Marco Polo was one of the best restaurants in Oaxaca, but it always seemed to be closed. We finally discovered that the restaurant closes at 6:00 PM so plan to go there for a late lunch. Dinning is outdoors in a tree covered, vined patio and the service is very professional, but it is the fish cooked on an open grill that makes this restaurant special. My wife and I both had Veracruzana, that was cooked to perfection and very tasty. All deserts are homemade and we opted for the coffee flavored flan. The menu has many fish offerings so we will definitely be back to try some of their other specialties.