“A-M-A-I-Z-I-N-G”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Belisario Domínguez 513 Tel. 951/513-9223
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

I am Mexican, trust me on this one. This is how my abuelita used to do tortillas, memelas, quesadillas.

Reviewed 13 July 2017

Oaxaca is known as the food Mecca & it is definitely no lie. From the first taco to the street vendor tamales and especially now to Itanoni ... the cuisine has been heavenly. We first showed up on a Saturday evening (7pm) only to find out they had just closed. Apparently they are a breakfast lunch place. We returned 3 days later & feel like we won the lottery. They would be closing the next day for a week vacation. We liked the food so much, we are 3 times in one day. For breakfast we had 2 different kind of tamales. They are nothing like the ones in the U.S. they are not made with cornmeal. It's more of a potato texture. One was mole & the other was a pork rib. Omg so delicious that we returned for an early dinner & had the same 2 tamales. The roll up taco was filled with eggs/chorizo .. omg Yum ... then we had the triangle looking tortilla filled tetela... we don't know what we ordered but one had pork skin, another with to die for mushrooms, and maybe the third was the pumpkin flour ... whatever u order, you can't go wrong ... its all good.we came back with 5 more people at lunch and ate some more ... more tamales, tetela & tacos .. plus we had 2 large pitcher of the fruit drink. We found out they were going on vacation the next day, we came back at 3 for a mid-day snack and beer. The staff is wonderful. They speak limited English & we speak no Spanish but we we're able to communicate somehow for the love of food !

Reviewed 7 July 2017 via mobile

Everything here was fresh and made with a lot of attention to detail based on traditional Oaxaca cooking and culture. The memelas and tamales are very good. Great place outside of the Centro to grab breakfast.

Reviewed 5 June 2017 via mobile

This one is one of my favorites in Oaxaca, the menu is based on corn and all the options are delightful.
I would recommend the "tetela", is the specialty, but everything is great.

Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I came here for having lunch with my friends. The staff was kind for us and the plates included salad made us satisfied.