“Good Mexican lunch”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Belisario Domínguez 513 Tel. 951/513-9223
Reviewed 15 May 2017 via mobile

I came here for having lunch with my friends. The staff was kind for us and the plates included salad made us satisfied.

Reviewed 14 May 2017

Tortillas and how they make it are amazing... I found flavour of the food to be a little bland. But great variety of corn.....definitely worth it

Reviewed 20 April 2017

A true celebration of the history and heritage of local heirloom corn. After having lunch at Itanoni I have a whole new appreciation for the simplicity of a perfect "tetela" at this informal and inexpensive gem of a spot. It's a bit of a walk from the central Zocolo but completely worth a visit to expand your knowledge and your taste buds with simple dishes made with high standards. Maravilloso!

Reviewed 14 April 2017

This restaurant is an enigma, a marriage of fine dining and street food, Virtually everything is prepared in front of you and for good reason it provides an opportunity for the patrons to see firsthand how the freshly prepared corn tortillas are made. The menu is extensive with mostly ala carte offerings which provides a great opportunity taste several dishes like you would at a tapas bar. We ordered one item at a time which is the perfect way to do it because each item is made order and comes right from the grill to your table. Enjoy it while you pick you next culinary adventure.

There is a wide selection of fresh juices and the hibiscus drink was perfect leaning more toward tart than sweet. The surprise of the day was the Coco Flan. This is one of my favorite desserts and whenever I travel to tropical regions I seek it out. If there is a coconut flan to be had I will find it and make it mine. The coco flan at Itanoni was top notch if I could eat it everyday I would.

The only downside was the service which was slow....S...L,,,O...W. We waited for drinks, to order additional items and for the check. That said be prepared to relax and enjoy a great dining experience. This was hands down one of our favorite meals during our week long Oaxaca vacation.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

We walked from southeast of the Zocolo which took about 30 minutes. We hadn't spent any time in this section of Oaxaca and it is quite nice. We sat near the front of the restaurant so had a great view of the woman making the tortillas and the other woman cooking the food. It was artistry in motion. I think our favorite was the raja de poblano memelas but we also loved the espirituoso con quesillo chiapas tetelas and the antojadiza. The cost of each item was around 35 pesos so my husband and I ordered 8 items. Be careful !!! That was A LOT of food for 2 people. I would start slow. You can always order more. A fun authentic experience with some of the best tortillas in Oaxaca.