All reviews minute walk common areas rooms are small rooftop terrace beautiful courtyard reception area late at night cages laundry kilo barrio washing oasis
Reviewed 7 February 2018

We stayed here as part of an Intrepid trip and thought it was a lovely little hotel. Beautiful courtyard and rooftop area which was great for groups. Rooms were basic but clean and breakfast was up there with the best we had the entire time we were in Mexico.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 November 2017 via mobile

Stayed here as part of an Intrepid tour. Our room was very small and the 2 of us had 3 beds in our room (2 singles and a double) and were told not to use the double. We used it as storage for our things as the rooms were so small there was no where else to keep anything without us tripping over it. When room was cleaned everything had been moved off it onto the ground or around the room. Bathroom was tiny and more like a wet room as everything in the bathroom got saturated when you had a shower, also wasn't provided with any bathmat or hand towel. Wifi worked well all over the hotel. Beds were not super comfortable. Common areas were a lot nicer to sit around than our room which was a bit dark and musty. We had laundry done there cheaply also but a few item got mixed up in other people's stuff. Not super close to the main part of town but close enough to walk (about 20mins).

Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 25 July 2017

I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. I was ill when I arrived and the staff were fantastic - they acted as translators between the doctor and me, and when I was ready to try eating again their veggie soup was delicious.
The courtyard is beautiful and green, and the terrace area was a wonderful place to sit and chat with our tour friends. It was nice to have somewhere to sit, have a drink and eat some pizza rather than feeling we had to eat at restaurants every single night.
The rooms were simple but clean and comfortable, and the hotel is within walking distance of the middle of town.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed here with an intrepid group for 2 nights, had a room upstairs with own ensuite.
The communal areas are really nice with lots of greenery and seating.
Rooms are pretty small, quite squishy with two people and luggage. Beds were hard and pretty uncomfortable.
Bathroom was okay, all working but shower was super old and sprayed in all different directions making it difficult to use! Plus they only supplied one bath towel each with no floor mat or face washers which meant the bathroom would get saturated with water leaving footprints and dirt through the room.
Fans were supplied which was handy though.
Some of the staff were lovely and helpful and then some where not.
One of my friends had pretty severe gastro so purchased lots of water from the reception, she then asked if she could refrigerate a hydration drink to which she was met with refusal and that she had to pay $10 pesos if she wanted to use the fridge! Felt pretty petty and rude considering we were guests and she had been purchasing their water.
Laundry was good at $25 pesos per kilo, make sure you write down what you have washed as myself and my friends got our washing back with missing socks and underwear. My top was also mixed up with another guest.

Wouldn't say it was terrible but would definitely stay somewhere else next time.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank brooke o
Reviewed 11 April 2017

The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the historic city centre.

Some of the rooms are small but the hotel has a nice courtyard and a terrace where one can relax and unwind after a hard day of sightseeing.

There is good choice for breakfast...

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled solo