All reviews great location on christmas eve filtered water front desk staff hotel restaurant first floor within easy walking distance radish city festivities bedding mexico
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Right in Central Park so you can walk out the door and have access to everything without needing transportation. We were there over NYE and while it was not sound proof, it was better than I though it would be in terms of noise. The food in the restaurant was very good and we ate several meals there. I think the front desk staff seemed a bit unfriendly at times. I tried to speak in Spanish and it seemed like they just got frustrated with me and decided to speak to me in English instead. I just didn't feel that welcomed. However, the wait staff in the restaurant were very nice. 4 stars instead of 5 with because of what I mentioned above as well as very hard beds.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2017 via mobile

Marques del Val has the perfect location for anyone wanting to experience all the Oaxaca festivities in the Zocalo. The rooms are simple and clean. The staff is very helpful and polite. The hotel restaurant has very nice food and some of the best guacamole in the city.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Grace7222014
Reviewed 9 November 2017

This is nice, friendly hotel located right on the Zocalo. Because of this it can be noisy at times but you are right in the middle of all the fun: bands, dances, parades, families playing together. Walk right out the door into the acirivity or watch from your balcony. Mercado’s (markets), historic churches, most museums and restaurants are all within easy walking distance. Filtered water is offered on every floor so water bottles are easily refilled. There is a restaurant on the first floor. Very convenient!
Rooms are clean and beds are a bit hard and lumpy but nice pillows and bedding. This is a historic building. Bathrooms are adequate but dated. I stubbed my toe several times on the bathroom entrance which is raised. It is impossible to take a shower without getting the bath room floor soaked.
Front desk staff is friendly. So a few minor inconveniences as above but overall would stay again. Just loved the location!

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 September 2017

My husband and I just returned from Oaxaca where we stayed two weeks in this hotel. It is perfectly located on the Zocolo. All of the employees are welcoming and friendly. There is a very good restaurant as well as a travel agency right in the hotel.

Room tip: We were on the Cathedral side of the hotel. Often there was music which we mostly enjoyed.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Location is just good and convenient for any activity you want to do in or out the city. Be ready for late sleeping and early wake up (Yes, the place is right in the middle of the action) Rooms are clean (it's not a 5 star) thumbs down on the restroom layout. The tile shelf on the shower is so dangerous, someone is seriously going to he injured (if hadn't yet!) Service is good and courteous. As I said it's a great base for planning your days in Oaxaca.

Date of stay: April 2017