We stayed here 4 nights and overall it was a great fit for our two families. We are super familiar with Oaxaca - this was our 4th visit, and can speak to the positives of this place, as well as setting a few expectations that will ensure this is the right fit!
* Lots of light, big windows, high ceilings
* No car noises or horns which are annoying in other residences
* Art on walls from local artists
* Large comfortable beds
* Towels provided
* Fast reliable Wifi
* Hot water that didn't get used up even with 7 people staying there
* Filtered water in kitchen
* Coffee and coffee-maker in kitchen
* Yoga mats!
* Jude the owner is SUPER responsive while we were there, always on WhatsApp; helpful on where to go and what to do as well
The location is slightly south and west of the main tourist area, just west of the Plaza de las Danzas. At first we thought it might be too far from the center, but it was really only a 5 minute walk if that to get into the touristy part of downtown. It is on a pedestrian only street to get there, but does require walking up a hill and if getting picked up you have to meet a car or taxi at the bottom of the hill. It's away from car noises which can be loud in Oaxaca - but there still are some barking dogs nearby which is true for most parts of Oaxaca too. The bathrooms and kitchen are a little dated, but the reality is that we weren't spending a lot of time there and were too busy enjoying food out to want to cook there anyway. There's a great local market just two blocks away, we did buy fruit and have it for breakfast, storing some food in the fridge. As a group, someone always had coffee made when we awoke.
Overall I'd highlight recommend this for a group of two or more families.