“A nice change of pace ”
Review of Vieja Lira

Vieja Lira
Ranked #124 of 575 Restaurants in Oaxaca
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

After almost 2 weeks of delicious Mexican food, we were ready for a change of pace. We shared one salad for 4 people as it was huge. The thin crust pizza was enough for 2 and the pastas were tasty. It’s not the best Italian food I have ever had, but it was a nice change and cheap!

Reviewed 6 June 2018

My hotel recommended this place during a rain storm. They had sent me to an excellent place the night before so I thought it would be good. The waiters were indifferent to rude. I asked for a recommendation and they said "whatever you want". I had a spagetti with meat sauce and it reminded me of a chain restaurant. I make better sauce at home. I was very disappointed but then what would you expect from an Italian restaurant in Oaxaca. More than this I must say. I would not recommend this for the food and the rude waiters. But the wine was good.

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Food had great seasoning. Pizzas and cheese samples are a guaranteed choice. Wine was great. Not too expensive. Service was ok.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We stumbled on this charming cafe on a Sunday afternoon. Inside, long tables were filled with families enjoying a long lunch of tasty Italian dishes and spirited conversation. By extension, we felt right at home.

They were still serving breakfast, including an array of croissants and other pastries, but we settled on a mushroom and cheese pizza and were not disappointed.

Reviewed 3 March 2018

Lovely setting. The service, while attentive and professional seeming, was very poorly timed. When some entrees arrive 15-20 minutes apart, it's kind of hard to have an enjoyable meal together (we were two couples). When the food arrived, it was very bland and uninteresting...not what one would expect for a fairly pricey restaurant.

Been to Vieja Lira? Share your experiences!